The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The end is just the beginning. (( Work in progess.))

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Marcelle

Marcelle

The end is just the beginning. (( Work in progess.)) Empty
PostSubject: The end is just the beginning. (( Work in progess.))   The end is just the beginning. (( Work in progess.)) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 7:43 am

( So I figured I'd write down Marcelle's last day alive, just to give a little background into her. I'd do her full history, but that'd take a loooong time, so just the last day, for now. :3- Anyways, it'll probably be poorly written 'cause it's just a draft 3: I'll edit it whenever. )

" Even if you hold your breath for all eternity, my dear, I shall still find you, for you are mine to find, my little rose."

"Eleven O'clock."
Marcelled sighed as she glanced upwards to the old wooden clock in her laboratory. It had ticked and the bells chimed irritatingly, repeatedly for what seemed like an eternity. Her glasses slid down to the end of her nose as she held her glance towards the firm steel hands of the clock. She sighed again, shaking her head in a disgusted way before returning her attention back to the chemistry set on the table. Her work was unfinished and at the sound of news brought back to her village, time was something she was short of.

The darkness and shadows encased her room, causing every piece of furniature and equipment to be suffocated in a velvet darkness. It was almost midnight and her elixir was far from complete. She had stayed up three straight days to perfect it, and still nothing. Irritatedly, she gripped at the vials, mixing the varied liquids together, hoping for a match of perfection at some point during the night. She wouldn't sleep, wouldn't eat, wouldn't leave this particular room until her work had been completed. Then she could rest easy.

Her Father's voice chimed into her mind, echoing in voices which were both incoherant and unintelligable. She recognised the voice as a pet would it's master's, yet, she couldn't make out words, syllables or phrases. It was almost like a vortex of misunderstandings, swirling and dancing around her brain, without giving her a moment to comprehend or catch a letter, a word, a sentence.

The darkness and her own sheer exhaustion began to take effect, playing tricks on her mind. The shadows danced against the tiny flickers of flame from candles next to her work space. Reaching upwards, she rubbed her eyes slowly with her fingertips and shook her head, frantically flicking through the old pages of her father's notes. She -had- to get this finished; Her conscience could not withstand more blood on her hands. She could not fail.

A blazing light shone in through the small attic window, searing away the darkness of the night before. It burned against the fabric of the grand chair in the corner and reflected off the mirror on the wall. Marcelle awoke, startled.
Had I drifted off, in the end? She thought to herself. Groaning, she collected her failed experiments and headed for the doorway. There was an eerie silence outside her home. She had been accustomed to be busy town of which she lived, but recently people had begun getting sick, and it was travelling fast. The cause was unknown, but she could hear them whimpering in agony. Families locked behind barred doors, quarentined off from the rest of the village. It was airborne though, or so she thought.

The door opened with a creak, there was still silence, pure un-disturbed silence filled the air. It was serene compared to the usual sounds of pain and agony, yet something didn't quite feel right. She stepped out onto the landing, walking into one of the side rooms and began to empty out the filled vials. Her eyes fluttered to the window as she did so, lingering for a moment on a figure; It was hunched over and pale. It looked inhuman.

A shudder ran down her spine. She feared this form, but was not quite sure why. In fact, she trembled, where she was stood. The grip on the vials ceased to be and they fell down to the floor. It was almost as though they were falling in slow motion. Seconds seemed like minutes before they crashed and shattered, her eyes still locked onto the 'inhuman' figure in the streets. Her heart stopped for a moment. It had seen her. In fact, it was looking directly up to her. Its face contorted and twisted, like something from a nightmare. Marcelle didn't dare to move a muscle, she wanted to run away from the window, stop looking at the hunched being, but she couldn't, it was although she were in a trance.

The creature let out a fierce scream, then more of them came out from behind the houses, some from within the doorways of other houses. Had she really been asleep -that- long? Moving like rogues, yet like predators stalking prey, they slowly creeped towards her house, grouping up infront of it. She shuddered, turning almost instantly towards her doorway and ran into her lab, locking the door behind her. Heart practically pounding out of her chest, she barely managed to gasp in air to breathe properly. Suffocation. She felt it was close, should she not calm herself soon. Her eyes danced around the four corners of the room. The window, surely they would try to get into it. So she plucked open her equipment cupboard, grabbing the remains of a meal from the previous evening and swiftly fitted herself inside it; Making sure the doors were firmly closed behind her.

" Can you hear the raindrops against the window, my dear? I believe they shall shatter, as I once did too.."

Her breath caught up in her throat. She heard scratching. Clawing. Whatever was outside her house was trying relentlessly to gain entry. Shaking her head, she placed one of her cold hands over her mouth to silence her breath. Terror struck through her like a blade through the enemy's flesh. The clawing and mauling of her door got louder. Snap. They'd broken through her doorway and seemed to be making their way up the stairs to the room with the window. She was just fresh meat to them. Prey. And they were the predators.

"You know you're going to die here, so just get it over with."
Marcelle blinked at the voice she heard, her eyes darted around the inside of the cupboard, but found only darkness. A pitch black, like that of the room, the previous night. Yet, there was no flickering of light here. She shook her head, ignoring that which she'd just heard. Silence once more.

The seconds became minutes, the minutes turned to hours, which eventually turned to days. Her mind was frozen, yet she did not dare to venture out from her cupboard, although she knew that even in there she could not be safe. The clawing had eventually stopped. It had been a while since she'd heard such a thing as silence, her memory did not strike the last time where it was so quiet. Her mind did not dare to think into such a thing. Perhaps it was for the best.

Her entire body was numb, she was cooped up in such a confined space for.. well, even she didn't know how long she was in there. The coolness of the air, although stale inside the cupboard, still managed to caress her face and neck. Her hair swept across her face, she wondered if the creatures were still outside, she wondered if anyone was left in her town and if they would make it out alive. She wondered if her neighbours were all captive in their homes as she was in hers. She doubted it all, she doubted herself. Allowing a finger to prod lightly at the door to the cupboard, she opened it slightly. The light shot through the gap into her darkness, illuminating it immediately. Her eyes darted around what parts of the room she could see. There wasn't anyone or anything there, so she opened the cupboard door a little more, inching it more and more open, letting more and more of the light she had been starved of come into her space and devour her.

What's going on? She thought to herself. Her mind wandering, just by being graced by such brilliance that was sunlight. Her body edged toward the opening and slithered out of the cupboard. Barely functioning she lay there on the cold wooden floor, not moving for a minute or two before managing to feel her legs once more. She recoiled her extremeties back into her body and remained curled up for a moment before standing. It was cold, she'd imagined the sunlight to bring more and more warmth to her, yet, it did not.

"If only I could see you for one last moment, I believe I could take your breath away.."

Her hair lay against her back, it had grown considerably, more so than she'd thought and it gleamed and shone brilliantly in the sunlight. There was a slight crimson taint to her haircolour, even though it was a dark brown colour. She liked that though, it had made her feel different compared to her parents, who both had blonde hair. Admiring herself for a moment or two and checking that things were well and functioning correctly, she shuffled towards the main door of the laboratory and peered into the keyhole. There was nothing. No scratching, no clawing and no scuttling outside.

"Perhaps this was just a bad dream?"
She muttered almost-silently to herself. All she saw when she looked through the small cut-out part of the door was the pink-tinted light shining through her circular window. The glass was tinted pink and shaped like a delicate rose, she'd taken care to have that added to the house after the passing of both her father and mother. It made her feel complete and yet empty, it gave her a reason for living, a reason for striving on, and it reminded her of someone she had kept close to her heart for quiet some time now.

Things seemed as delightful as they were a week ago, perhaps two, before the townsfolk began getting ill. She smiled slightly, thinking upon lost memories of friends and loved ones, of him, also. Her slender fingers tipped across the lock before quietly undoing the fastenings and unsecuring it. She opened the door.Even the light in the landing graced her, it coated her being, she took a step out and the laboratory door slammed loudly behind her. Silence was suffocating now. The scratching started once more, then silence again. Her heart stopped for a second.

" I wonder, is this pain you're feeling now. Are you capable of emotions, Marcelle? As your time draws near, I shall be waiting for you on the other side. Expect a visit from your destiny, my rose."

A loud crash. Searing abdominal pain. She writhed on the floor as they flooded to her and clawed at her body. Their claws scraping and tearing at her gentle, pale flesh. They tore and tore. She felt everything. So much pain, she couldn't even scream, it caught in her throat and refused to budge. She was being ripped apart by these creatures, she couldn't escape even if she wanted to. Her eyes began to fade, yet she could still feel the 'things' ripping at her intestines, her blood quickly draining out from her body. Not looking down was difficult, then again, looking upwards to their decaying, grey faces was horrifying. The faces were familiar, of course they were. Her neighbours, their 'illness' drove them to this, that explained the silence, although, thinking upon who they were and what they were doing was meaningless. It was the furthest thing from her mind. She lay there limply, completely unable to move or fight back against the fiends that were slowly, and agonisingly tearing her piece from piece.

Darkness surrounded her once more. She could not feel anything, nor did a single thought cross through her mind. Yet, the beings continued to tear her to shreds. Her upper half was no longer connected to the lower. Marcelle had been completely ripped in two parts. Blood flowed like a river, delicately caressing the rest of her pristine, although completely massacred body. Her eyes, completely rolled back into her skull and a face of sheer terror and pain lay there. The creatures, once had their fill and fun, it seemed, evacuated the house. She lay there in a pool of her own blood.

"And so it is done, my sweet. We shall be re-united in the underworld, where I shall steal your soul for my own, and you shall be but a puppet of my destruction."

Back to top Go down

The end is just the beginning. (( Work in progess.))
Page 1 of 1