The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Story] Awaken

Go down 

Like it?
Yes
[Story] Awaken I_vote_lcap60%[Story] Awaken I_vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
No
[Story] Awaken I_vote_lcap0%[Story] Awaken I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
U suk (For Sinq)
[Story] Awaken I_vote_lcap40%[Story] Awaken I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
What exactly is this?
[Story] Awaken I_vote_lcap0%[Story] Awaken I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Teorius

Teorius

Character
Name: Jonath Zaden
Profession: Thief
Level:
[Story] Awaken Left_bar_bleue80/80[Story] Awaken Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

[Story] Awaken Empty
PostSubject: [Story] Awaken   [Story] Awaken I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 9:03 am

Darkness.

It feels like I am late.

The morning should be past, some part of my brain tells me.

So why did I not awake until now? Should I just go back to sleep? No, I am not that lazy!

I slowly open my eyes. Where am I? This do not look like home. Black stone above me and I seem to be lying in a crate. Did we drink yesterday? But I got no headache.

I feel strange, like I should be cold, but I am not. I feel heavy, yet lighter than normally. I feel awake, yet dreamy. What is going on here?

I sit up slowly. I can see more of the room now. All of it seem to be in this black stone. There is a table next to me, simple, wooden table. I look closer and see that there is a note. The room is dark, really dark, yet I got no problems seeing.

Something is not right.

The thought strikes me as I reaches out for the piece of paper. I seem to be wearing a long-sleeved shirt. My hands are covered by gloves. I get a hold of the letter, but I need to think.

Everything is hazy. My memory does not work. What happened and why am I here? Maybe the letter hold the answer.

I pull it back to me and look down. It is in Common, and easily written. Despite the gloom I can see it all perfectly. I recognizes the handwriting, I am sure of it! But from where? Guess I just read it.

Dear Sister,
Do not be alarmed. This all got a perfect explaination. I realize this must be unpleasant for you but there was no better way to introduce you. Just remember that a new life and a new chance is something you must value and grasp. Much changes over time, but remember that in the core, most is the same. I will soon be there to meet you, there is so much to tell you! Yours sincerely
your Brother.

And it ends with a sigil, a purple eye. While the letter just confuses me more, I know who wrote it. The handwriting is indeed yours, Brother. But something is wrong.

My brother was reported dead, fallen in a great battle. I remember that now. It was just a few days before- before the dead reached the farm.

Shock. More confusion.

I almost jolt forward, rolling across the floor. Before I know it I am up on my feet, perfectly balanced in a way I cannot remember I ever been before.

The dead! They reached the farm. They swarmed the defences father and the farmhands put up. They hunted us into the house. I remember hiding in my room when one of the corpses found me and-

And killed me.

I am sure that I could not have gotten out alive. There was no way out. I recall pain, then it all goes blank. I slowly looks towards the box I was in, already sure on what I will see. I am right. A coffin, with a few burn-marks. Oddly clean for being a holding unit for those that passed away.

I do not know what to think. Somehow my mind is still not consumed by panic.

This room is a crypt.
Back to top Go down

[Story] Awaken Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Story] Awaken   [Story] Awaken I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:46 pm

Very nice piece, Teo, quite enjoyed reading it. Would love to see more, if you're planning on continuing this. The first person texts are always much more "alive". Smile
Back to top Go down
Teorius

Teorius

Character
Name: Jonath Zaden
Profession: Thief
Level:
[Story] Awaken Left_bar_bleue80/80[Story] Awaken Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

[Story] Awaken Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Story] Awaken   [Story] Awaken I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 8:05 am

((Not as good as the first one in my opinion, but was fun writing!))

Why?!

Why am I here? This cannot be the afterlife.

I am sitting in a corner of the room. Face buried against my knees as I try to think.

The dead came, at first it was rumours, then is was reports, then the king was dead. Then the contacts with the northern allies ended. Then all was silent and we thought it was over.

Then the news came. The grand city to the west of our farmlands had been destroyed. Almost all there had been slain. My brother was among them. Not long after the dead reached us, and that was when we all died.

Yet I am here.

I hear something! The metal door is getting unlocked! Wait, how can I know that?

The door opens. In the darkness I still see the person clear. Black armor, I think leather. Knifes and weapons. I slowly stand up. Before I get a chance to say anything the man stare at me, the eyes are glowing!

Panic.

He moves harshly for me. He tries to reach my arm.

I react on instinct. Smack his hand aside, spin around, wiping his feet from the floor. In mentally startling way placing a punch in his chest before he lands. He flies staight into a wall, leaving cracks.

I trip backwards, falling flat on my ass.

I slowly raise my hands, looking on them. The before nicely cut leather of the right one seem to glow in darkness for a second, and then the only sign is a few marks of wearing on the glove.

I look up. The man is lying still next to the door. I once again stand up and walk. I look out. The room outside is another chamber, but this time, I cannot spot any way out. I turn back to the man and looks down at him. He is perfectly still.

I kneel down and take off the helmet. He is dead. Not dead as if he had died by the impact.

His face is rotten. the glow in the eyes are gone. stitches seems to be what holds half the face together. He is one of the walking corpses!

I want to shy back. I want to retreat to the corner and hide.

I do not.

I look through his gear. He is wearing leather-and-metal gloves with clawed tops. I take them off his dried in hands and, with my eyes shut, changes over to these. I do not open my eyes again until I have my body turned away from the corpse.

It might be insane, it might be lunacy, but now I got a plan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Story] Awaken Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Story] Awaken   [Story] Awaken I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Story] Awaken
Page 1 of 1