The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hallowed Madness

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Josephus

Josephus

Hallowed Madness Empty
PostSubject: Hallowed Madness   Hallowed Madness I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 9:06 am

((As with every year I write a little and RP a little for Hallow's End, this is the first time I decided to wait with the writing until it was all over.

I hope you enjoy.))

''The money.. '' The Admiral speaks out in a belittling tone.
He rubs his temple, clearly annoyed.

''Do not.. test my patience!''
He speaks to a forsaken woman in a wheelchair who scowls at him.
''Your ex-leader.. you know.. the fat monstrosity.. owed me fifty-one thousand.. pieces of gold.. for the ship.. lost at the.. war of Arathi.. so your little.. group will have to.. pay up!''

Negotiations follow, they end with her telling him that they will deal with this at the start of the new month.

He sits on his 'throne', the broken statue above the Undercity glaring angrily at the floor
''They think they.. can push ME.. around? Tell ME.. when I get.. MY money?!
I'll think.. of something.. I must.. ensure I get.. my money.''

He folds his hands and mutters in demonic, summoning an eye to appear in front of him.
''I need your.. sight once more.. allow me to see.. that which I.. need to ensure.. victory.''
The next few days he spies on various members of the Spine, one member in particular.
''Montague Manners Rude.. you will serve.. as my insurance.''

On a night like any other Manners was investigating the anomalies occurring in the courtyard.
Suddenly the clicking of claws are heard coming from right behind him and before he can respond he finds himself lifted off the ground, his back impaled by the tail of a large scorpion.
Ont op of the scorpion sits the Admiral, holding onto his staff which is lodged into the head of the beast.

''You have.. something I want..''
The Scorpion grabs Manners with its pincer instead and retracts its tail, he begins to shake Manners around.
''The fell do you want from me, Lyon?!''
''Your gun..'' He points his bony finger at the gun hanging from Manner's back, it appears to be very expensive, custom made and enhanced, without a doubt it is a very valuable item.
''Just let.. go of it..''
''Nope.''
''I did not wish.. to harm you.. as this is.. nothing personal.. but you leave.. me no choice.''

The Scorpion slams Manners face down into the ground, lifts him up and repeat it again and whilst he is momentarily stunned it snips the holder of the gun, takes hold of it and hands it over to the Admiral.
''I have.. what I need.. good bye.''
The scorpion grips even tighter on Manners, breaking his ribs, he slams him into the floor once more before throwing him away, making him hit the nearby wall.

Only one day has passed but the Admiral sits confidently on his usual spot.
His silence becomes interrupted when a large group of angry members of the Spine show up
''To what.. do I owe.. this pleasure?''
''Shut up, Lyon.''
''That is.. Admiral to you..''
''I said shut it.'
'
One of them hits the side of his head with the hilt of her sword, he falls to his side, gripping his head.
''I won't even.. get told.. of what.. I am getting.. accused?''
''You're being taken by us for assaulting one of our members.''
''I do not.. know what.. you are talking.. about.. I had nothing.. to do with.. what you're saying.''
''Defend yourself later, after we have captured you.''
''Take him''

He grunts annoyed by the fact he can't even explain anything, no chance to tell them of his brilliant plot, he taps the skull on the side his his hat three times.
On the inside gizmos begin to spin and activate, it creates a field of invisibility around him.

''I do not.. like your game rules.. I prefer.. playing with.. my own.''
He rolls away from his pillar and does his best at running, this attempt causes some of his toes to break off, but he makes it out of their field of vision before the cloak wears off, he is safe for now.

''Well don't you look like a mess?'' Says doctor Whiltierna, the short heavy rotting female Forsaken.
''Shut it.. I need his assistance.''
''Again? I'm still pissed at you for nearly exposing him to them.''
''Save me.. the lectures.. I funded him.. with gold.. and flesh.. He's as much.. mine as he.. is yours.''
''He is more to me than a mindless abomination.''
''Fine.. I promise nobody.. will see him.. this time.. his identity will.. remain a secret.''
''If they find out it will mean the end of our cooperation, no matter what you have done in the past for us. I shall inform him of what he has to do.''
''Thank you.. doctor.''

Several days have passed and Manners has been patched up, one of the many perks of being undead is being able to bounce back from many injuries in a short time.
He felt 'healthy' enough to even attend the Hallowed ball on the 28th
After the ball he walks through Silverpine forest, making his way to the Sludge fields, still in good spirits.
As he passes the first towers on the border of Silverpine he hears a yell coming from above.

''FRAAAAANNKEEE!''
The hulking ironclad Forsaken flies down from one of the towers and before Manners could even turn around he slams his shield into Manner's head, causing him to black out for a long time.

When he finally wakes up he finds himself in an abandoned hut, shackled from various body parts to stone pillars.

''I hope my.. assistant was not.. too rough on you..''
''What is this, where have you taken me and why, Lyon?''
''Because of your.. friends irrational behavior.. your gun is no longer.. a suited insurance.. for me to.. get back my money.. so now your unlife is.''
''I thought it was nothing personal?''
''It wasn't.. but I did chose.. you for a reason.. you see you are.. like me. A true Forsaken.. not one of those.. val'kyr raised weaklings.. and like me.. you do not fear.. you cannot fear.''
''You believe we are superior?''
''I do.. and it's time.. for the Spine.. to be led.. by someone more.. superior.. those apothecarium members.. waste time and resources.. on their pointless games.. the guards are.. to dumb to lead.. So only you.. someone who has.. been around for.. so long.. who I know.. is loyal.. who I know.. is smart enough.. and at the same.. time powerful enough.. can lead.. the Spine to victory.. and through that.. all of Forsaken.''
''I'm listening.''

After he explains the rest of his plans to Manners he writes a letter and sends it off via bird
The handwriting looks like it was meant to look classy but has been written by shaking hands making it look like a letter from your very old grandparents.

Dear Spine,

By now you must have noticed the absence of your member Montague Manners Rude.
He is in safe hands, for now anyway.
I merely wanted to hold onto his fun as a safety deposit to ensure my money, but due to your violent outburst and lack of will to listen I had to take him from you.
He is being held in the Twilight Highlands and there will be a trade there.

On monday the night of hallow's end at 20:30 you must hand the fifty-one thousand gold in a sack to my voidwalker who will be standing near the Maw of Madness.
I will have Mannners with me above the maw, once the money is secured I will drop him off with you without harm to any of you.
Try anything funny and I will drop him in there.

See you there,

Admiral Quincy Lyon.

The actual night has arrived and Quincy hovers above the maw with Manners hanging beneath it from a chain around his neck.
Just beyond the maw await a group of Spine members.[b/]
''Greetings Spine members!'' [b]He yells out to them.

''I trust you know.. of the conditions. All you.. have to do.. is hand the money.. over to the.. Voidwalker and I.. will release.. your friend.''
''How do we know we can trust you and you won't just throw his body in there after you have your money?''
''You're just going.. to have to.. trust me.. I know it is.. not easy but.. you have no choice!''

A gunshot is fired, the bullet barely misses him, it startles him and the gryocopter shakes for a while.
''You stacks of !@#$! I will only.. give you one.. more chance.. next time I am.. letting him go!''
He lowers his hand, ready to let go of the chain.
A large ammount of guns and spells are fired at the same time at him and before he can release the chain his gyrocopter gets hit causing a small internal explosion and forcing him to crash land right next to the maw.

Using his staff he gets up as quickly as he can, but before he is even fully up Manners has already freed himself of the bonds and charges at the Admiral.
The Admiral slams his tip of his staff into the soil, a small blast of fel fire bursts out from underneath it and it summons forth a rotting cadaver
; ''Destroy him!''
The cadaver charges at Manners but he dodges the beast with great agility, instead he tosses the monstrosity into the maw.
''You cannot defeat m-'' The Admiral is interrupted by Manners who lifts him off the ground by his neck.
He quickly goes for his hat and taps the skull, his body becomes engulfed in fel flames, forcing Manners to let go.

''I will end you.. and all of them.. here and now!''
As these words leave his mouth the rest of the Spine arrives at the scene, including one that has changed forms into that of a demon, the group's arrival with the large demon startles the Admiral for just one moment.
But one moment was all it took, the demon punches as Manners kicks at the same time into the stomach of the Admiral sending him flying for the maw.
As a last act of desperation he allows the dark energies to flow through him once more, corrupting his form, sending a large tentacle bursting from out his right shoulder, the sheer force rips off his own arm.
The tentacles lashes out for Manners and forms a tight grip around him.

A few of the Spine members act in time and hold onto Manners.

''I shall take.. you with me.. I will not.. fall alone!''
The rest of the members begin attacking the tentacle with everything they have, may it be spells, guns of steel.
''I will not lose.. this is not.. my end!''
But the tentacle begins to rip and before it could succeed in pulling Manners in with him it rips in two.
''This.. is.. not.. my.. END!''
His voice echoes for moments from within the maw, it's followed by a small splash and then... silence.

It is over.

((And that's it for this year, I hope you enjoyed it! ))
Back to top Go down

Hallowed Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hallowed Madness   Hallowed Madness I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 9:33 pm

((

... Omg, I feel so sad now.
Noone to snarl at anymore...

D: D: D:

))
Back to top Go down

Hallowed Madness
Page 1 of 1