The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Character List.

Go down 
+7
Marwonaeth
Torgy
Heldenhammer
Teorius
Anthraxius
Viatrix
Redwalt
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Redwalt

Location : Sweden - The part were you understand everybody, but no one understands you.

Character
Name:
Profession:
Level:
The Character List. Left_bar_bleue0/0The Character List. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

The Character List. Empty
PostSubject: The Character List.   The Character List. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 2:03 am

'Tis true, I have organized this kind of thing in all my previous guilds, and I allways find them rather dandy if they work out.

Simply I make a thread (or an officer/mod if they feel that they would rather) and within there is something along these lines:

High Delegate:*info*

Deathguard

Royal Appothecary Society

Deathstalker

And yeah, you get the deal. (In honesty I just forgot the ranks of the Apothecarium, so I left all the ranks but don't tell nobody!)

For instance, it could look like this:

The Character List. Bear10b
Name: Bruno the Terrible
Bruno The Terrible is one of the Spine's finest defilers. His terrible battle prowess has earned himself the reputation of being a feared enemy and an awe inspiring comrade. He can only be bested by two days old pie, cooked at twilight. He does not enjoy walks in the rain and like to sleep in barns.(This part could be more elaborate, but just a shorter summarize)

We could use this thread for adding People and I could then edit them into a different thread with just the list? Would any changes occur, people could simply notify me through a PM or go back to the this thread and mention that there is a difference now, be it rank, maybe they had a revelation that the light is not good (yes, yes I am looking at you Holy lovers Wink ) or maybe you updated to another picc?

A well organized and grand Character List could be very cool, and also "show off" how splendidly organized we are.
So tell me your thoughts!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Character List.   The Character List. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:18 am

I, actually, find the idea just amazing! If everyone else joins in, we can make it very awesome :3
Back to top Go down
Viatrix

Character
Name: Viatrix
Profession: Warlock
Level:
The Character List. Left_bar_bleue80/80The Character List. Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: The Character List.   The Character List. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 5:19 am

A very sensible suggestion! I've tried to do something similar in the past (although I placed emphasis on people listing the 'expertise' of their character, so we could make use of such talent in RP). I'll add my own soon and get the ball rolling, and I'd be happy to let you manage the list, Red, probably in another thread.

I'd suggest making a template that is slightly more prescriptive, you tend to find people contribute quicker if there's a clear structure to this sort of thing. So maybe...

Name: Viatrix Verranos
Age (at point of death): 43
Abilities/Expertise (I don't want to write 'class' because I think should encompass broader talent such as 'alchemy', 'engineering', etc.): Conjurer, Bureacrat, Capable Organiser.
Interests: Cuisine, Clothing.
Personal Strengths: Pragmatic, Cunning, Charismatic.
Personal Weakneses: Lazy, Gullible, Selfish.
General Information: <can't be bothered to write this now>

Not sure what you think of that, you might want to keep it more open, but you find responses come quicker if there's some structure! Great initiative! Smile

Back to top Go down
Anthraxius

Anthraxius

Location : Can you see me? No? then you may be seconds from death

Character
Name: Anthraxius
Profession: Warrior
Level:
The Character List. Left_bar_bleue85/85The Character List. Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

PostSubject: Re: The Character List.   The Character List. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 5:30 am

Go on then I'll throw Anth on here

Name: Anthraxius (formerly known as Anthony Thrax)

Abilities/Expertise: Master of multiple weapons, skilled blacksmith, skilled tactician

Strengths: Highly skilled combatant, experienced veteran

Weaknesses: Reckless once in combat, next to no ability with ranged weapons, Stubborn

General Information: The bearded leader of the Spines Deathguard, loyal and steadfast in his duty. A veteran of the first and second wars, Anthraxius has almost 60 years of battle experience under his belt, making him a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield. His very presence on the field can demoralize an enemy and push his allies on to victory.

Last edited by Anthraxius on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Redwalt

Location : Sweden - The part were you understand everybody, but no one understands you.

Character
Name:
Profession:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Character List.   The Character List. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 7:24 am

Your suggestion is excellent Via, and I will probably go by the template you made there. Highly appreciated. Thanks for the input!

Though, I would find the list to have more character with a character portrait of some sort. Be it you ripp some painted picc from somewhere that is the closest you get to the character or just maybe a screen with the coolest pose you can fathom? Prefferably the picture to focus on the face with maybe just shoulders and chest visible. The picc could also be somewhat smaller than the one i used for Bruno.
The size could easily be managed in something simple as paint, for people (like me) who are utterly dumbfounded when it comes to editing anything on a comp.

Just realised, I am no officer so I cant go in and just copy paste the [img] into another thread so I will have to ponder on this part a bit.

I still think a pic of said character would make the list all the more splendid, though.
Back to top Go down
Teorius

Teorius

Character
Name: Jonath Zaden
Profession: Thief
Level:
The Character List. Left_bar_bleue80/80The Character List. Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: The Character List.   The Character List. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 7:35 am

Name: Teorius Darkcast

Abilities/Expertise: Master Surgeon and Chemist, skilled with Dark and Rune magic, Trained in use of melee weapons, skilled Nercomancer, master of Biological and seafood warfare.

Strengths: Trained in combat with melee weapons and magic, Master in Apothecary work, Intelligent.

Weaknesses: Crazy, usually creates odd things that ain't useful, use a very random combat style.

General Information: Famous Apothecary and veteran of the Apothecarium. Invented the B-Light among other things. His insanity makes him a scary fellow, but for those he consider to be friends or allies he is actually trustworthy.
Back to top Go down
Heldenhammer

PostSubject: Re: The Character List.   The Character List. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 10:11 am

Ooh, go on then

Name: Karl Ulrich von Heldenhammer
Age (at point of death): 35
Abilities/Expertise: Excellent Marksman, Skilled Engineer, particularly in explosives and improvised weaponry, better than average melee combatant and brawler. Skilled in small unit tactics and unusually diplomatic for a Deathguard, being able to affect the common touch or utilise high flown courtiers speech when needed.
Interests: History, Philosophy.
Personal Strengths: Pragmatic, Honourable, Loyal, Charismatic.
Personal Weakneses: Sentimental, has no real 'malicious' streak, uncomfortable with torture or anything he sees as Dishonourable.
General Information: An Ex Nobleman of Lordaeron who 'scandalously' enlisted in the Lordaeron Army as a common rifleman, Karl has experienced both riches and poverty, command and obedience, and has seen the downfalls of people being promoted by virtue of blood over ability. Perhaps because of this, is surprisingly tolerant of other races, so long as they are competent in their field.
Back to top Go down
Redwalt

Character
Name:
Profession:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Character List.   The Character List. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 11:23 am

Righty...I will start on the list soon enough. Smile

Name: Redwalt "Red" Ederman

Abilities/Expertise: Tactician, soldier

Strengths: Experienced combatant, loyal, disciplined

Weaknesses: Narrow minded, vengefull

General Information: Standing close to 6'4", Redwalt is a towering brute that is made larger by the impression of his heavy plate armour. Obedient and loyal in the extreme, he knows nothing of the life before Undeath, and as such is completely brainwashed by Forsaken dogma. Racist and narrow minded his only wish is to serve his peoples cause. Is utterly suspicious of any religion, be it also the teachings of the Forgotten Shadow.
Back to top Go down
Torgy

Torgy

Character
Name: Donovan J. LaFleur
Profession: Rogue
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Character List.   The Character List. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 1:04 pm

Name: Donovan James LaFleur
Age (at point of death): 37
Rank: Stalker, his Shadow Marshal rank was replaced by Montague M. Rude after disappearing for several months
Abilities/Expertise: Gunsmithing, tinkering, little alchemy ( mainly poisons ), lying, assassinating and stealth, preferring to talk things out before violence.
Interests: Smoking products, beverages, mainly elven women.
Personal Strengths: Charismatic, cunning, the exact opposite of naïvity, capablity of doing things alone, determination and his Gung-Ho attitude towards (un)life.
Personal Weakneses: Really selfish, stubborn, sociophatic, always ready to be attacked by anyone, at any time, anywhere, which might be a little paranoid.
General Information: From a noble family, but ended up in piracy, and later in undeath. He's known for being sly and sneaky, but still managing to be a hard opponent in fighting even if he does his best to avoid combat. He doesn't believe in religions nor authority ( Not even in Sylvanas ), and does whatever is necessary to do in order to survive.
For him, there is no god. No king. No country. Only man.
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Name: Nathan Black
Profession: Warlock
Level:
The Character List. Left_bar_bleue85/85The Character List. Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

PostSubject: Re: The Character List.   The Character List. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 8:17 pm

Woo, this is excellent - kudos to you, Redwalt, for coming up with such an awesome idea! I'll quickly pass the torch on with my own.

Name: Nathan Marwonaeth Black

Abilities/Expertise: Leadership and alchemy with a talent for poison.

Strengths: Ruthlessly and relentlessly efficient as an apothecary and as an instructor; innovative and creative - allows for new ideas to be put forth with little trouble; rational and logical.

Weaknesses: Biased towards the forsaken (this is a bad thing?); very secretive at times, even to his superiors; physically weak; (almost) without emotion.

General Information: Raised as a replacement to his defecting sister, Nathan was fed his rank and title with a silverspoon, with his past partially in the shadow, and the Spine relying completely on the fact that he is related to Felucia (his sister). However, soon upon joining, he quickly grasped the concepts of being undead and being an officer, and since then he has only gained more and more knowledge, and spoonfed his own loyalty and unitiring commitment back to his beloved faction. He is widely known for his racist views towards any member of the Horde, and his undying love for the Forsaken.
Furthermore, he is the appointed overseer of the apothecary wing of the Spine.

Last edited by Marwonaeth on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : excellent is not spelled with 3 'l's)
Back to top Go down
Josephus

Josephus

PostSubject: Re: The Character List.   The Character List. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 9:36 pm

Name: Josephus Darkwood.

Abilities/Expertise: Has minor carpenting skills, knows how to make weak explosives and weak poisons and knows some nautical information. Capable of camouflaging himself rather well.

Strengths: Sure footed and solid aim, able to think logicly and is not too proud to run away.

Weaknesses: Rather weak in direct combat. Panics in a crisis, unable to think for himself and relies too heavily on others.

General Information: Raised by a carpenter but left his family when he reached maturity to become a pirate. Died at the battle for Booty Bay after the Cataclysm and was raised not long after that.
Believes heavily in discipline and respect.
Strives to be as helpfull as possible for the Forsaken, often learning new skills before fully understanding what he was training beforehand making him capable of many simple works but unable to do anything exceptional.
The only thing more important than his duty is staying unlive and will run away mid-battle if the risk of his own unlife becomes too great, leaving his allies to fend for themselves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Character List.   The Character List. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 1:11 am

Name: Chloe Nightdragon

Abilities/Expertise: Alchemy - defensive and offensive, Surgery - mainly research focused, Inscription - glyph mastery, Shadow spellcasting - defensive, offensive, mending, specialization in Mind and Shadowfiends' control.

Strengths: Resilient to stress and crisis situations, easily adaptive, able to make swift decisions, highly defensive over the organisation and Forsaken society, fearless, hard working, loyal, patient.

Weaknesses: Restless - there're too many things on her hands at the same time; low physical defense - worthless in melee fight ; Fearless - being a strength, it's also a weakness - she might sacrifice herself, to let the mission be complete or save the party; Racial intolerance - often causes troubles; Order dependant - when someone breaks the rules, her patience explodes into rage.

General Information:

One of the brilliant examples of not all Val'kyr raised Forsaken being halfwits or slow to adapt, Chloe joined the ranks of the Forsaken only over half a year ago, but proved herself to be useful part of the Forsaken society. Her actions and work are focused on the good for her kind, with strict codex "no harm to your own, unless they're traitors".
She doesn't shun to show her disgust towards other Horde races, mostly hinted in her speech, unless they greatly aided the Forsaken or proved to be useful (in her opinion), which happens rarely. Being a priest, she keeps the compassion for her kind, and is absolutely cruel to foes. She is on a short fuse with idiots, especially if they waste her precious time and overall cause chaos.
Being an alchemist through her life and in unlife, she is one of the valuable members of Royal Apothecary Society and is freshly appointed as an Overseer of the Sludge Fields, along with taking care of Brill and the Spine Apothecarium in Royal Professor's Black absence.

*scratches head at the size, facepalms* Took me long while, I have big difficulties today with texts... *goes to get some coffee*

Last edited by Chloe on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Redwalt

Character
Name:
Profession:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Character List.   The Character List. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 5:39 am

Well ladies and gents, I am about to start organizing the list. However, I have been trying to find a fitting banner for each branch; Deathguard, Deathstalker, Apothecarium.

Considering there be one a many fine artist around here, I was wondering if any one would like to help me out? Be it chopped or drawn.

Any one?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Character List.   The Character List. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 5:25 pm

I would need some idea of what could be there, then I can ask a friend for it.
Back to top Go down
Redwalt

Character
Name:
Profession:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Character List.   The Character List. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 1:43 am

I haven't really though of something specific actually. But I was along the lines of maybe shields, armour, heavier weapons in some sort of Forsaken fashion. Was thinking maybe crossed daggers or somesuch for the Deathstalkers, and at first I was looking for gasmasks for the Apothecarium, but thought it would look a bit too...un-fantasy-ish, so maybe a some sort of chemistry glas, with a thick green fog oozing out making some kind of sigil/sign?

It's rougly around what I think of when I think of the three branches, but it might of course not be the most fitting or good choice for banners.

I am all for ideas and discussing it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sinquija

Sinquija

Character
Name: Sinquija Cidé
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Character List.   The Character List. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 2:32 am

Twisted Evil Well....

Name: Sinquija Cidé (call him Cidé, everyone does...)

Abilities/Expertise: Well versed in all weapons, from polearms to axes. He can use shields in combat and can fight in a phalanx. Has an affinity for blades though. Has trained in/and can utilize the Titan's grip technique.

Strengths: Furious in battle, his rage affects his strength and speed.
Weaknesses: Prone to losing his bottom jaw, his rage is also a weakness as it can easily take control and he can endanger himself and others.

General Information:

Born and raised in a brothel in Lordaeron. Grew up not knowing his father but met him later on in life. His father left him everything, including his estate and title, he lost his title when he died defending said estate from the Scourge. Died when he was overwhelmed by ghouls and his bottom jaw was ripped off his head. Now he guards Brill from the enemy.

[[I can't say more... Suspect ]]
Back to top Go down
Heldenhammer

PostSubject: Re: The Character List.   The Character List. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 2:42 am

Red, if you wanted a more fantasy/medieval feel for the gasmasks, check out the masks doctors used to wear during the Plague in London, or other Medieval plagues, a long sort of beaked type thing, looks very creepy...

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=medieval+plague+masks&hl=en&rlz=1R2ACAW_enGB353&biw=1366&bih=524&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=psUyTpjsGouKhQf1xuiTCw&ved=0CEEQsAQ

I love the Forsaken banner in general, one of the most distinctive icons in the game, Whereas the general one has the arrows that Sylvy uses, perhaps the three different branches could have a variant on those, easy enough for the Deathguard, crossed swords, axes, that kind of thing, Deathstalkers, hmm, daggers, perhaps rifles and bows to go with that assassiny feel, Apothecarium perhaps some sort of variant of Bishop's crooks, like Plague Crozier type things, and incense burners et al. meh, rambling now...
Back to top Go down
Redwalt

Character
Name:
Profession:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Character List.   The Character List. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 4:39 am

I was considering that one, but the only head I can think of close to it is that lock head...And even then, gasmasks doesnt feel that much apothecary as it does chemical warfare/WW1 trenches and so on...Then again...I suppose chemical warfare is what the Apothecaries do.

Anyhow, I am onboard with the more traditional Forsaken banner but with tweeks.
Allways saw the backdrop for Deathguard as blue, Deathstalkers as purple and Apothecarium with green...
So, the same backdrop, loose the Sylvhead and change the colours. I like the idea of the wepps you mentioned Helden, especially for the Apothecarium.
Back to top Go down
Hadven

Character
Name:
Profession:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Character List.   The Character List. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 2:47 am

How could I have missed this?

Name: Hadven Calder.

Age: 85 at time of death. Was reanimated after the cataclysm.

Abilities/Expertise: Highly skilled mage with an expertise in Frost magic. Able to twist certain spells to fit his own needs.

Strengths: Powerful spellcaster with decades of training, very intelligent and cunning. He always walks with a cane, but he really does not need it, he relies heavily on deception. Have a strange ability to survive deadly attacks by clever use of shields and wards and by beating the odds.

Weaknesses: As a mage, he can fight from a distance, but he is useless in melee combat. Due to his age, his body is very frail and brittle, as he looks like a mummy. He is easily distracted by magic he has never seen before, which leaves him open to attacks.

General Information: 85 years in life gave Hadven plenty of experience for a life in Undeath. He is cruel, not alien to torturing someone for information and is ever seeking in his search for greater magic power. He knows more than he is willing to tell about certain subjects. Being a Deathguard is strange for a mage, but Hadven fulfills his duties to the letter. He never seem to show any emotions, either unable to or does not wish to.

Back to top Go down
Dresta

Dresta

Character
Name: Executor Thornton
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Character List.   The Character List. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 2:32 am

Name: Dresta Tiffany Thornton
Age (at point of death): 22
Abilities/Expertise: Deathguard; Disciplinary Officer.
Interests: Faith
Personal Strengths: Resolve; Sense of duty; Ruthlessness.
Personal Weaknesses: Closed-minded, closed-fisted approach to leadership.
General Information: Dresta was once among the most devout and righteous advocates of the Scarlet Crusade. Now a rigid adherent to the Forsaken cause, Executor Thornton is a callous individual whose faith and dedication to the service of the Dark Lady often overrides any sense of compassion for the men she must lead in battle.
Back to top Go down
Dresta

Dresta

Character
Name: Executor Thornton
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Character List.   The Character List. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 12:26 am

With regards to the Deathguard banner, I think we should look more towards the 'regimental' style standard - the type you would have seen being carried by infantry and cavaliers in the older wars as opposed to your run-of-the-mill faction flag. Something denoting the number of the regiment, and the history behind its forming. I have a few ideas I'll try out!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Character List.   The Character List. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Character List.
Page 1 of 1