The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application - Raktokk, Warlock

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Raktokk

Application - Raktokk, Warlock Empty
PostSubject: Application - Raktokk, Warlock   Application - Raktokk, Warlock I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 2:02 am

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLAYER INFORMATION
How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?
I've been playing WoW since patch 2.2 was released thus about 3 years now
How confident would you say you are with the English language?
I am not a native speaker, yet I have a good grasp of the English language.
Though being a non native, I've seen myself using the same constructions and words due to lack of synonyms.
What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?
- This does not have to have been within WoW.
I've been on the Sha'tar for more then a year now, I first rolled here as a human warrior, and being quite new to it and hving no real knoweledge of the lore he became a shadow abusing evil guy with unlimited lives and all that other crap I now regret immensely. Eventually I went back to my human palladin on the PvE server, Hellfire. Boredom in WotLK caused me to move from that server back to the Sha'tar. This time I had found the lore collective of wowwiki, and with my now better knowledge and understanding of the Lore, he turned out quite well, joining what is now known as the Scarlet Sigil and earning the rank of Captain as an officer. In the Enclave, as it was called then, I met Ralphe who would later start the Apothecarium on his warlock, and I decided to join him with my own. My own needs and other intrests caused me to try out other guilds eventually but now I am back to try to do some more RP with my warlock.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?
-This can be PvE, PvP and RP.
PvE wise: I've cleared Naxx, 1/12 ULD, ToC, VoA and many random instances, aswell as the entirety of BC raids and Vanilla raids.
PvP wise: I've had an 1200 rated Arena team for a while on my warrior, and did all the battlegrounds atleast once :3
RP wise: The tales of my adventures are spread far and wide, the brave Raktokk and his crusade against the rats of Brill are what have inspired many other brave and heroic forsaken to take up arms to hunt this enormous threat. Yes, he truly is an inspiration to many.
If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?
Cookies.
If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?
I would be able to play everyday atleast an hour, wether I do so or not however all depends on my current intrests and what-not.
If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?
RP.
Why do you wish to join the guild?
Having been a part of the Apothecarium, I feel this is a logical next step for my warlock. Recent experiences have also caused me to take up his tale again, of his re-invention as a warlock.

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Raktokk (Ashwood)
Title (if applicable): The wonderfull, the magnificent and the great, self exclaimed title.
Current Occupation:
Warlock
42 years of age in total. 7 of which he has spent as forsaken since the third war.
Race:
-Undead Human

Level: 31

In-game Class & Spec': Warlock, affliction
IC Class:
Warlock.
Hair Colour: Dark Red.
Eye Colour: Yellow glowing?
Height:
5' 8'
Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?
The Royal Apothecary Society, having some history as an Apothecary for the society before he set out into the big wide world, I feel he would best fit in in The Royal Apothecary Society, though he has since been seeking to increase his grasp over the powers of shadow, he is still a potent poison and potion maker.
How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?
He views the allegiance with the Horde as a bare neccesity for the time being, he would rather have nothing to do with the other races but realizes the forsaken military is not yet strong enough to survive as an indepent faction. As such he would rather not spend much time with other horde races other then for testing purposes. But once a conversation does start up, he shall follow a diplomatic approach, treating his fellow horde member with the respect required, simply not to anger them.
How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?
He views the events at the Wrathgate as a testimony to the true power and superiority the forsaken race posses. Though he would never admit so.
Family:
- Please only explore immediate family.
Eliza Ashwood, Mother
Robert Ashwood, Father

Character History:
-For Undead Human characters you can cover their life from birth through to their death and up to their current activities.
-For Undead Elven characters please only cover their life from the beginning or just before Warcraft 3. By all means briefly cover their early lives but due to the long life expentancy of Elves, and the rare occassion of an Elven birth, there is no need to go into full detail concerning any events before Warcraft 3.

Born as the son of a noble, Henry Ashwood was the only child and sole heir to their fortune. He grew up amongst the sons and daughters of the servants and enjoyed ordering them around, as his father did with their fathers and his mother did with their mothers. He found great enjoyment in spreading lies amongst his peers, provoking the boys to fight amongst eachother and causing the girls to cry. As a young man, Henry was able to enjoy a good education. He was trained for combat by one of the Knights of Lordaeron, and studied with a renowned teacher. Henry as a young man, who had finished his studies wanted to see more of the world then just his father's keep. Thus he signed up for the Lordearon Army, serving as a mere infantryman. Being a spoiled noble's son, Henry had trouble with authority and his low rank in the army was outrageous to him. Eventually though, after learning the hard way how to deal with his superiors, he rose amongst the ranks becoming a lieutenant before he would serve in the war against the scourge. It was in this war that Henry fell in battle, dieing at the hands of a common Scourge ghoul. His army service was not done though... He was awakaned from his peacefull eternal sleep by the necromancers of the Scourge. Serving, once again in an army. Though this time as a mindless warrior amongst the ranks of the Scourge. Untill the day came that he was freed, by the Dark Lady. Upon his new-found freedom he found out he was no longer the able warrior he once was. He no longer possed his muscles that allowed him to swing a sword easily and that allowed him to wear his protective armour but he was eager to find out he had gotten something in return. He infact had some control over Fel Magic, and it was the path of the Warlock that he took up along with a new name, derived from some of the gutteral sounds he had first heard as his newfound life began, Raktokk. After having spend some years training as a warlock, his teachers would say he possesed a modest understanding of the Dark Arts, though Raktokk himself saw himself as a Grand Master and he took off, to better spend his new gifts elsewhere. It was in the Royal Apothecary Society that he found his new purpose, creating potions and poisons for the Dark Lady was his new purpose in unlife. He served under Grand Apothecary Duskmantle, eventually becoming his Apothecary for a while before he set off to pick up his training as a Warlock. Now, after having spend some time travelling and honing his control of the Dark Arts, he is ready to serve the Dark Lady once more...

Why does your character want to join the guild?
So that he may serve the Dark Lady, amongst her other servants.
What skill set could your character bring to the guild?
Raktokk is an able Potion and poison maker aswell as Warlock.
How does your character respond to authority?
His time in the army of Lordaeron taught him to treat his superiors with respect, these lessons were not forgotton by him when he was resurrected as a Forsaken.

TEST OF ABILITY
Please write a short response (300 - 600 words) discussing one of the statements below, research is allowed but copying is not, you are encouraged to add your own thoughts and theories to the answer.

This test is designed to evaluate your use of the English language, your commitment to joining and your ability to present a reasoned and clear argument, it is NOT a test of raw knowledge.

vi) With the Lich King dead, the Forsaken lack a purpose.

With the recent death of the Lich King, the forsaken and the Death Knights have gotten their vengeance on their former master, a goal that his been their unlife long dream. Whilst this dream may be completed, this does not mean the Forsaken do not have a purpose, on the contrary. With one of the great foes of the Forsaken defeated, the Forsaken can now focus on their other ambitons for example: The forsaken could now want to expand their territory beyond the reaches of northern lordaeron and hope to crush their foes as a great nation and proud race. They could also try to focus their energies to improve their relations with the Horde, with the recent Wrathgate incident, these relations have suffered damages and the Forsaken could aspire to repair it.

So while the Lich King's death is a milestone for the Forsaken as a race, this does not mean their final destination has been reached. There is infact, much left to be done. The forsaken are an ambitious race, and these ambitions did not stop with the death of the Lich King, is the way I see it. The grand architecture they’ve build at New Agamand serves as a testament to their ambitions. The incident at the Wrath Gate has shown us that some Forsaken aspire to be more then just a part of the Horde, and this could very much be achieved by them. The devestation their technology can cause is amazing and really shows their power and potential. With their unlifelong foe slain the Forsaken have created room for themselves to develop and explore their ambitions, and to create new dreams for their people. They now have the time to find their place in this world and to protect that place with their powerfull technology.

Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Application - Raktokk, Warlock Left_bar_bleue80/80Application - Raktokk, Warlock Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

Application - Raktokk, Warlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application - Raktokk, Warlock   Application - Raktokk, Warlock I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 5:10 am

Excellent Raktokk. Good to see you want to return.
As far as I'm concerned you're all but accepted, we do have the IC interview process to go through as well, but I see few to no errors with this application.

If you wouldn't mind that copy-pasting it into word and fixing a few of the spelling errors that would be great? They aren't in the majority obvious but some of them stick out rather badly.
Thank you for applying.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Application - Raktokk, Warlock
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Steamspur Company :: The Spine :: The Harrowed Archive-
Jump to: