The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Frieda Kaeyne

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kaeyne

Frieda Kaeyne Empty
PostSubject: Frieda Kaeyne   Frieda Kaeyne I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 4:45 am

PLAYER INFORMATION
How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?

I've been playing for about three years now.

How confident would you say you are with the English language?

Very confident, I'd hope. I'm not the pedantic type but I know what I'm doing.

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?
- This does not have to have been within WoW.

Quite a bit within WoW; I used to RP a troll. I don't engage in it so much these days because there just don't seem to be any decent casual RPers out there any more.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?
-This can be PvE, PvP and RP.

I think I'm fairly experienced at everything. There isn't really anything that I haven't tried.

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?

My charming wit and good looks.

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?

I can't give a definite answer to that, but at least a few times a week would be a safe prediction.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?

RP, because I'm always too lazy for the actual current high-end content of the game.

Why do you wish to join the guild?

As I mentioned above, it just seems impossible to find any decent casual RPers these days. The choice seems to be to either suffer the awful RP that happens in Silvermoon or join a decent guild, hence this application.

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Frieda Kaeyne
Title (if applicable): Deathguard
Current Occupation: deathguard

Killed at age 45. Total age now is roughly 50, but of course she's not counting.

Race:

Undead Human

Level: 80

In-game Class & Spec': warrior/protection
IC Class: Deathguard. Occupied in the military for most of her life before.

Hair Colour: black
Eye Colour: n/a
Height: 5'11

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?

Deathguard, because she's a sword slinger through and through.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?

Frieda doesn't much think outside of the Forsaken. The other races of the Horde are merely there to be used as assets to benefit her Forsaken brethren. However, she has built up prejudices about these races based on her interactions with them during both her unlife and her earlier life whilst occupied in the military.

She sees the orcs as overbearing bullies who cannot be trusted. She strongly believes that if their current Warchief were ever to meet his demise they would once again go on the rampage and attempt to dominate or exterminate all other races on Azeroth. The orcs' presence in the Undercity since the Wrathgate debacle have only intensified her mistrust of them.

Frieda intensely dislikes the ones who call themselves Blood Elves, though this is more due to the fact that their ways annoy her than anything else. She sees them as spoilt and undeserving of the relatively privileged lifestyles they continue to lead. She thinks they are useless in battle without their precious magic and has very little time for them.

Tauren and trolls Frieda feels quite indifferent about: she sees them as mere puppets who are being manipulated and used by the orcs. She sees them more as primitive beasts and thinks they lack intelligence and doesn't appreciate being asked to approach them for any reason.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?

When the topic comes up in discussion she toes the line that Putress was insane and didn't represent the will of the Forsaken. Part of her genuinely believes that, however, on first hearing of the events she was elated, and her only disappointment and shame was that the plague had not been sufficiently potent to topple the Lich King there and then.

Family:
- Please only explore immediate family.

This is explained below.

Character History:

Frieda comes from an impoverished background where her mother died giving birth to she and her twin brother Frederick. She was always jealous of her brother, whom her father greatly favoured, until the age of eight when because of his extraordinary intelligence he left their home to study in a far away land.

The jealously Frieda felt towards her brother only intensified as her father glorified him constantly and seemed to live only to receive his next letter in the mail. Being of only moderate intelligence herself, Frieda soon learned that her talents lay in the physical and having had no maternal influence in her life she aspired only to do masculine occupations. She would often go to other towns in the guise of a young man and relieve her frustration and anger by getting into brawls in inns.

During the war with the orcs Frieda finally found her chance to join the ranks of the military as it was desperate enough to disregard her gender and finally let her fight. She trained the vigour and enthusiasm of one who had for so long been denied the opportunity to prove herself in what she was good at, and she soon gained the admiration of her mentors and the respect of her comrades.

Frieda was one of the first to fall on the day of Arthas' return to Lordaeron as she was standing guard on the grounds. Her last memory of her life was the traitor himself passing her and the instinctive feeling she was overwhelmed with to flee as she bristled at the “wrongness” of his appearance and the aura around him.

In her unlife, Frieda has easily found her niche within the ranks of the Deathguards.

Why does your character want to join the guild?

I'm not sure about how the guild is structured and how it fits in with the Forsaken apparatus ICly, so I'm going to have to pass on this one?

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?

She's a Deathguard and a skilled military tactician. She's extremely practical and can be relied upon to plan things and “get things done”.

How does your character respond to authority?

With a salute. So long as it's legitimate authority.

TEST OF ABILITY
Please write a short response (300 - 600 words) discussing one of the statements below, research is allowed but copying is not, you are encouraged to add your own thoughts and theories to the answer.

This test is designed to evaluate your use of the English language, your commitment to joining and your ability to present a reasoned and clear argument, it is NOT a test of raw knowledge.

Grand Apothecary Putress should be considered a traitor to the cause.

For probably most Forsaken, Sylvannas is a demi-god as well as their Queen. For individuals with this mindset then yes, Putress was a traitor and there are no questions to be asked about it: his actions went against the will of the Dark Lady who always knows what is best for the Forsaken, and given what has happened in the aftermath of the incident, this notion would only be enhanced since the Forsaken have suffered huge set backs in terms of their political and strategic standing in the world.

Surely we can assume however that Putress was not one of a kind. I think there would actually be quite a few Forsaken who like him would go against Sylvannas if they thought it would mean that they could further the ultimate aims of their brethren more effectively and sooner than she could. The very nature of the Forsaken: the value they place on their own free will combined with their pragmatism based on the fact that their lives are already over and they only have a short time to achieve their goals, surely lends itself to arriving at this position.

So, as with most things, the question of whether or not Putress should be considered a traitor to the Forsaken is not a clear-cut question and the conclusions you reach will depend on what you consider to be ultimately the most important thing: unquestioning loyalty to your Queen or getting the job done more quickly. In the former case, Putress will be considered a traitor and in the latter a failed maverick. It takes all sorts: that's what makes life (and undeath) so much fun.
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Frieda Kaeyne Left_bar_bleue80/80Frieda Kaeyne Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

Frieda Kaeyne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frieda Kaeyne   Frieda Kaeyne I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:26 am

I see nothing wrong here! Very Happy
Deathguard leadership is on holiday and AWOL at the moment so see either myself or Viatrix in game for your IC interview.
Back to top Go down

Frieda Kaeyne
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Steamspur Company :: The Spine :: The Harrowed Archive-
Jump to: