The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Miss Veldina Jane Blackwater's application.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Veldina

Miss Veldina Jane Blackwater's application. Empty
PostSubject: Miss Veldina Jane Blackwater's application.   Miss Veldina Jane Blackwater's application. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 6:21 am

How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?
I have been playing World of Warcraft since the release of the Burning Crusade, so that would amount to approximately four or three years.

How confident would you say you are with the English language?

I will not lie, although I have been speaking English all my life and infact live in a English speaking country, I'm afraid that I seriously doubt my grammar skills at times, but I always try my hardest to improve them.

As for my spelling, I can proudly say that I have vastly improved, thanks to the aid of all my good friends.

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?

I've been roleplaying for two years, at the most. I have been involved in some highly praised Roleplaying Guilds, such as; Scarlet Sigil, Argent Reach (For a short time), Sanctus Justica and the Army of Wyrnn.
As for the Horde, I have been involved in Guilds such as; Nightfall, Vanador. (The spelling for this one escapes me, I'm sure I'll be able to find out later, if you wish) I was also apart of the Algarians, for a short time.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?

I have numerous experiences, my favorite being the first wedding I ever witnessed, which was on my Undead, ironically enough.
The wedding was between two Elves, I was so happy to have been there for it was undescribably beautiful, especially since it took place in Nagrand. (One of my favorite locations in WoW.)

My PvP life has never really been exicting, mostly because I found myself devouted to Roleplaying and all that, but recentely I have discovered the wonders of PvP using Battlegrounds and Arenas. (Mostly battlegrounds)

I also enjoy dungeons now, as I find myself immersed in the storyline.

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?

I can't say that I would bring massive changes to the community, but I suppose I would add some more friendly company.. hehe.

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?

As much as possible, It will most-likely be in the evening or early in the morning, it depends when my friend and I are not leveling our humans.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?

Hm.. I would very much like to bring dedicated Roleplayers to places such as Brill and Undercity, mainly because alot of hardcore Roleplayers have lost hope, judging by what they see the children do in places such as Silvermoon etc etc..

Why do you wish to join the guild?
I wish to join the guild that is based on the Forsaken, but has a friendly vibe to it, I came across the Guild when I was roleplaying in Brill and was so exicted to find that such a guild actually existed!

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Veldina Jane Blackwater.
Title (if applicable): Miss / Apprentice. (Prefers 'Miss')
Current Occupation: Apprentice Alchemist.

Race: Undead Human.

Level: 23.

In-game Class & Spec': Warlock & Demonlogy.
IC Class: Warlock.

Hair Colour: Blackish Gray.
Eye Colour: Yellow.
Height: 4 "7"

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?

The Royal Apothecary Society, mainly because she is an Alchemist and has an undying devotion to the Dark Lady and her wishes.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?

Veldina feels the Forsaken should receive more respect than they do, but like the majority of Forsaken, she has learnt to be tolerant towards those thoughts.

Veldina is reacts well with those who are friendly towards her, if they are not friendly she simply chooses to ignore them.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?

In any coversation she chooses to dismiss it, but happens to be one of the few who secretly supported it.

Family:
Veldina has a suprisingly good memory of when she was alive, therefore she would recognize a family member or a family friend, if she were to see one.

Veldina had two sisters, one was named Adelina and the other was named Gertruda, her father died long before the plague so she has very little memories of him and saw her mother very little after she moved to Lordaeron.

Veldina also has two neices, Lerissa and Ericca.
(Both presumed dead.)

Character History:
Veldina was born on the outskirts of Andorhal, she was raised in a nice wholesome environment with her two sisters and dear mother, Kathrine Blackwater. Their father had died in the first war, so she and her sisters had very little memory of him.
Growing up, Veldina was taught how to sow and stitch, as the years went by her skill increased greatly and she began making dresses and selling them for a profit. Veldina aspired to be a Proffesional Tailor, so when she and her sister were old enough they moved to the Capital, Lordaeron city.

After settling in a nice cottage on the outskirts of the city, Veldina and Adelina both got a job at Mrs. Crawford's Tailorshop.
As years went by, Adelina settled down with a nice man and had two beautiful children. Veldina never saw herself as the mother type, so she never had kids, nor did she ever marry.

When the Plague broke out, Veldina and Adelina were absolutely horrified to learn that their everyone in Andorhal and elsewhere were presumed to be dead in the next few weeks. In shock and desperation, Adelina and her husband rode out to Andorhal in an attempt to find her mother and sister, much to Veldina's disproval.

Adelina or her husband were never to be seen after that, much to the dismay of their two daughters.
After this tragic ordeal, Veldina was oblidged to look after Adelina's youngest child, Lerissa.

When Prince Arthas had returned from the North, the city was overwhelmed with joy and exictment, Veldina has fond memories of taking Lerissa and Ericca to see the Prince's return, she recalls Ericca saying something about how Arthas looked so cold and detatched, as if he were and entirely different person.

Veldina can remember nothing after that, apart from a piercing pain going through her stomach shortly after the Prince's grand return.

Why does your character want to join the guild?

Veldina wants to be apart of something, instead of sitting around bone-idle.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?

An element of mystery, but not a majorly cliché sort of mystery.

She might be able to teach other Warlocks the advanced arts of Fel-magic, skills of which she received from a certain spellbook, a spellbook she appears to be very protective of.

How does your character respond to authority?

Respectively, if its the right kind of authority, of course.

TEST OF ABILITY
Please write a short response (300 - 600 words) discussing one of the statements below, research is allowed but copying is not, you are encouraged to add your own thoughts and theories to the answer.

This test is designed to evaluate your use of the English language, your commitment to joining and your ability to present a reasoned and clear argument, it is NOT a test of raw knowledge.

Every Forsaken has a right to be bitter or unwelcoming, that dosent mean that they are evil though, perhaps the only reason the Forsaken are so bitter is because of their tragic past which other members of both the Horde and the Alliance happened to have forgotten. The ones who rank the Forsaken as evil are most-likely the Sin'dorei or the humans of Stormwind, only due to their past 'misconceptions' with them. Again, many seem to have forgotten that the Forsaken were once apart of a proud human nation. To me its as if everything that Undead did in life ceases to exist and all their acomplishments have been forgotten, just because of their wretched appearance and ghastly odour.
Now I'm sure some would argue with me, but apart from the Wrath Gate incident, I can find nothing the Forsaken 'willingly' did wrong.

(FYI) I can't say that I'm againist Blood Elves being 'racist' towards the Forsaken and the other races, I believe that is the way the lore suggests them to be.

I know there is probably a reason, but that still does not make it any less justifiable, how is it that the Elves receive such sympathy? Why is it that the Forsaken do not receive that same sympathy? Afterall, who lost the most here, the Elves were close to extinction and had half their city reduced to rubble, but atleast they were not completely wiped out like the humans of Lordaeron!
There is hardly anything left of Lordaeron or its people now, apart from the few rufugees that fled to Theramore and Stormwind.
To the dismay of many, it is highly-unlikely that Lordaeron shall ever be reclaimed by the humans, or anyone for that matter.
So why do we sympathize the Elves when the Forsaken are clearly the ones who burden such a loss?

Forsaken come in all different shapes and sizes, in my views of the mind.
Some can be friendly and nutty whilst some can be bitter and cold, theres not a thing you can do to change it, chances are is that the he/she was most-likely the same when they were alive.

Death is a funny thing, really. Some go up and some stay grounded... hehe.
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Miss Veldina Jane Blackwater's application. Left_bar_bleue80/80Miss Veldina Jane Blackwater's application. Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

Miss Veldina Jane Blackwater's application. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miss Veldina Jane Blackwater's application.   Miss Veldina Jane Blackwater's application. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 7:39 am

An impressive application of which I have no problems with.
Contact Vraenesha (Grand Apothecary Black") ingame for an interview.
Back to top Go down

Miss Veldina Jane Blackwater's application.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Steamspur Company :: The Spine :: The Harrowed Archive-
Jump to: