The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Applicaton: Matthias "crocbait" Ryans

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Patchy

Applicaton: Matthias "crocbait" Ryans Empty
PostSubject: Applicaton: Matthias "crocbait" Ryans   Applicaton: Matthias "crocbait" Ryans I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 7:55 am

How Long have I been playing WoW?

I would say I started playing the game around the middle of the Burning Crusade, but I`m a bit foggy on the dates. I did leave out some of the last parts of the wrath of the Lich King expansion and then started playing again around the time of the start of the Cataclysm expansion. I would say I have been playing around two years ((?))

How comfortable am I with the English Language?

English is my native language, so I would say I`m pretty confident, the only reasons why I may slip up in game is because my keyboard is a bit jammy.

What experience do I have with Roleplaying?

I have started roleplaying since I first got the game, so I quite like it, I`ve gone through my fair share of God emoters and lollers to know to stay away from them. I also play games such as Skyrim, Dragon Age and many other games that give me wonderful roleplaying ideas. To the acceptable boundaries of not being half god half demon, which can be seen sometimes.

What experience do I have with World of Warcraft?

I have mainly done PvE, I am new to PvP and I`m not really good at raiding, I would say so far my favourite dungeons are the cataclysm dungeons, and fighting Ozumat as a giant person using the power of clean water is quite funny, and as stated above I`m very open to roleplay and love doing so. I have been in guilds such as Agrammar and the Bloodblade Clan so joining a Forsaken military group would also be nice.

What would bring me to the strong OOC community?

Just nice people in general, I`m not really a funny or witty person, I just like to have a chat here and there and hope that I don`t encounter any mean contradicting people. And no, no Chuck Norris Jokes.

If I were to join the guild, how often would I play?

To be honest it depends on how active the guild is, if it is a very active guild I would probably be playing on my character for quite a lot, but the weekdays can be hard because I unfortunately still have some school to go and it`s an early bed early rise sort of system for the weekdays. To be blunt I would play as much as I could, which can be a lot, or a little.

If I were to join the guild what would my priority be?

To do as much RP with the guild as possible, to be honest, Roleplaying is my favourite part of the game.

Why do I wish to join the Guild?

Beause I would love to be part of a Forsaken Military group, I have always liked the Forsaken but sadly there have never really been any good forsaken Roleplaying guilds that have caught my eye. And I always like an active guild that doesn`t rp once every 3 months, to be frank.

Character Information:

Name: Matthias "Crocbait" Ryans

Titles:None.

Race: Forsaken Human.

Level: 25

Ingame class+Spec: Sutelty Rogue.

Hair Color: Purple
Eye Colour: No eyes.

Height: 6"

Where would my character fit in, and why?:

The Deathstalkers, because as a human he was once an agent of the SI:7 and has assassination training, not to mention information of the enemy that may be useful during Covert Ops.His preferred weapon are syringes filled with blight or daggers, making him a lethal assassin.

How does my character feel to other races in the Horde and the Forsaken position?:

As a former human he is wary of his new allies, especially being a new forsaken. He feels the Forsaken should be treated with more respect. He especially mistrusts the Orcs, remembering Garrosh from Northrend as trying to get rid of the Alliance more than the Lich King, in Matthias`s eyes, at least.

How does Matthias feel about Wrathgate?

Matthias was not very happy about the Wrathgate incident as he lost many friends during the surprise Forsaken assault led by Putress, but this also sparked his interest with the Forsaken Blight that slowly killed him after an unsucsessful experiment and made him admire Forsaken tactics and their Arsenal of deadly weaponry.

How does Matthias feel about the Horde`s current state?

Garrosh does not like Garrosh he views him as headstrong and ignorant to the other races, and he thinks that Garrosh should not have banned the use of plague, this has, on the other hand, brought him to respect his new Forsaken masters and, in the outbreak of a civil war in the Horde, he would slaughter any enemy of Sylvannas without question.

Family: He has no more living family.

History: As an orphan he was a troublemaker but showed high intellect, when he bothered to do anything intellectual, this aught the eye of SI:7 and they got one of their agents, Matthew Ryans, to adopt Matthias and raise the boy as his apprentice, without Matthias knowing, of course. After many years of following his father with adoration his father died conveniently around the age of eighteen, when Matthias is of age to join SI:7, he was told it was due to the Horde, but later found out he was killed by the SI:7 to try and rid Matthias of any sympathy he may have for the Horde. Matthias spent years serving as their puppet, carrying out covert operations and then serving in Northrend, and only avoided being sent to the Wrathgate incident due to being sent home over a broken leg. He then heard all about the Forsaken attack and experimented with the blight, which then slowly killed him.

After Death: After wandering around in a confused state after being raised by the Val`kyr under Sylvannas`s command her came across a crocolisk, which stole his leg, he found a replacement from a graveyard outside orgrimmar and then told an orc his story, he was nicknamed "crocbait". He then went to Undercity and joined the Deathstalkers, and told them his life story, they decided to send him against his former SI:7 allies and consequently, while stealing enemy intelligence, found documents concerning his raising, he learned all about his father`s betrayal, and how his father never really loved him, and how SI:7 duped him by murdering his father and blamed the Horde, this has shifted any sympathy he had for the alliance to his Forsaken allies, but not necessarily to the other Horde races.

Present Day: He stalks Silvermoon and the Undercity, waiting from any contact from a group that he heard about called The Spine.

Why does my character wish to join an Elite Forsaken group?

He is a complete fanatic for the Forsaken cause, any way he can help the Forsaken he will set about doing, and he thinks "what is better than joining an elite Forsaken Group?"

What skill could he bring to the Guild?

He is a skilled assassin and spy, and uses a deadly mix of blight filed syringes, poisoned Throwing Knives and Daggers, not to mention his fanatcial will to carry out any order until destruction, and his knowledge of the enemy, making him a good Deathstalker.

How does he carry out an order from authority?

If it`s anything to do with helping the Forsaken, he will carry it out without question, if not, he will take it cautiosly, he has been noted for breaking Horde rules against certain blights and plague, but they have all managed to make missions sucsessful where the may not have been, basically he will carry out any order from Forsaken Superiors, and bend any rules to get the mission given done.

My Topic: The Forsaken are Evil, there are no Good Forsaken:

I disagree with the fact that there are no good Forsaken in the world, there have been countless good Forsaken, like Lord Bartholomew of The Argent Dawn who, even though dead continues to carry out the works of the Light in whatever way he can, there are also people such as Lillian Voss, who, although they have a bad streak, seek to rid the world of Evil, in her case, that evil is the Scarlet Crusade.

Away from the individuals, there is no reason why all Forsaken must be evil, they may be reanimated corpses and, mainly, their free-minded exsistence was also born from hate and revenge against the Lich King, does not mean there can be any good Forsaken. They are mostly free to follow whatever path they can choose and although many go down the dark path there are some charcters who may turn out to be good-natured and try and regain whatever humanity they had lost before their death.

Another notable character is Roberick Dartfall, a Forsaken who broke away from the Forsaken group and now travels with a small band of other like-minded Forsaken that welcome anyone and fight off creatures, defending anyone, no matter what, is they come into danger, he believes the Forsaken are different to the Scourge and believes that they wish it destroyed, He knows that many of his kind succumb to jealously, revenge and other emotional vices and jealousy towards the living has caused them to turn to hatred against the living. Unfortunately, this man Roberick is believed to be too king and optimistic, as unfortunately, most forsaken, but not all, -are- just plain evil. Roberick even has evil-minded people in his group he believes that even evil men can turn to a good cause, and that really is the basis of my claim, some may be evil, and serve a good cause, and some may be good but have fallen into the wrong cause, but this does not mean that all Forsaken are evil

Thank you for reading,
End.
Back to top Go down
Sinquija

Sinquija

Character
Name: Sinquija Cidé
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Applicaton: Matthias "crocbait" Ryans Left_bar_bleue85/85Applicaton: Matthias "crocbait" Ryans Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

PostSubject: Re: Applicaton: Matthias "crocbait" Ryans   Applicaton: Matthias "crocbait" Ryans I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 10:33 am

Heh, sorry for the wait!

It was good. Good grammer and well structured.
One problem I have though is the short, quite-mediocre backstory. I know it's hard to write well and I am, myself a poor writer, but I just feel like I need more out of you.

Im sure you could just rewrite or expand it?

In any case, I vote patience.
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Name: Nathan Black
Profession: Warlock
Level:
Applicaton: Matthias "crocbait" Ryans Left_bar_bleue85/85Applicaton: Matthias "crocbait" Ryans Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

PostSubject: Reply   Applicaton: Matthias "crocbait" Ryans I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 12:20 pm

I have to copy Sinq's apology here - sorry for keeping you waiting.

Now, my overall verdict of the application presented would be that of acceptance - contact me, Sinquija, Chloé, Torge or Anthraxius in-game to proceed to the next stage.

However, I wish to make you aware that I was accepting you on a knife's edge, as there are a few points which ruled against you;
  • Spelling is below standard at more than a few occasions, and phonetic spelling is used here and there - nothing majorly wrong with that, but there were some parts that were difficult to chomp through. In addition, redundancies are quite frequent, and some grammar/punctuation could have been adjusted for better results.
  • The understanding of the Forsaken lore is wide, but not detailed enough - there are a few slip-ups and misunderstandings at the odd occasion (for example, the Val'kyr revival of the Forsaken would happen only at very controlled sites, so the likelihood of a freshly risen wandering aimlessly around is unlikely; Blight is not only forbidden, it is incredibly difficult to produce without proper understanding and the right resources - not to mention it's corrupting nature on everything(including Forsaken); think of Blight as pure, liquid radiation)
    Despite that, you seem to have grasped the politics of both Horde and Alliance very well, and you've shown initiative in your own judgement of Garrosh's possible train of thought during the Northrend invasion. One thing that is slightly ambiguous though is the part about the SI:7 - they are generally viewed as the agents for the 'good guys', so that part of the background story is quite controversial.
  • I am probably just paraphrasing Sinq here, but your character story could definitely be reshapen/expanded. It is quite brief for a character who had gone through so much, and for that reason seem very general, and perhaps, dare I say, slightly melodramatic. If you worked on your character history, perhaps by making it less wide and less 'oomph', the application would be better.

This is no reason to be disheartened, as I still think that for someone who admits to be new to RP, it is very good - your character is well-developed, it shows signs of understanding of how the Forsaken culture works, and your argument is convincing albeit difficult to work through.

Hope to see you in game soon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Applicaton: Matthias "crocbait" Ryans   Applicaton: Matthias "crocbait" Ryans I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Applicaton: Matthias "crocbait" Ryans
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Steamspur Company :: The Spine :: The Harrowed Archive-
Jump to: