The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Appliction: Leapold Vericci

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Leapold

Appliction: Leapold Vericci Empty
PostSubject: Appliction: Leapold Vericci   Appliction: Leapold Vericci I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:04 am

How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?

I played for the first time in TBC and the opening months of wrath, I don't remember my exact start date, however I took a long break from WoW until cataclysm, missing wrath nearly altogether, but I came back around the release of cataclysm in total I would probably say, about two years and a few months.

How confident would you say you are with the English language?

I'm very proficient with my native language, people tell me I'm naturally articulate and elloquent so I won't disagree with them for the sake of my chances of getting in, what I lack in nearly everything eltse, I compensate for in my english skills.

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?
- This does not have to have been within WoW.

RP wise, I've been roleplaying ever since I started WoW I was over on Argent Dawn (not my glory days) when I played in TBC, I quickly got a little fed up of it so moved over to the sha'tar and roleplayed alliance for a while, I was involved with the temple knights for a while, later on I stopped and upon coming back in cata I joined the horde, then joined the convocation of elrendar as Draevon the Ravaged and Sindarion Feldawn, the latter acted as a recurring villain in a whole guild story arc.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?

My warcraft experience is dominated by PvE and RP mostly, I rarely PvP at all, and when I do it's normally just to level, I love raiding, especially the retro raids and TBC raids, I'm a big fan of black temple and Sunwell Plateau but took a liking to Icecrown citadel when I first tried it and it remains a favourite.

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?

OOC I think I could bring along a positive attitude towards most things, I mesh with most people very well and can understand where most people are coming from with nearly anything they say, I'm always up for a good laugh and a joke and am supportive of those who need it whenever reason demands it.

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?

I play WoW quite alot for RP but right now me and a friend from CoE (who is also applying) are leveling a pair of forsaken rogues that we are more than eager to reach 85 with, we acctually pour most of our WoW playtime into these since we made them, these forsaken were created with nearly the sole intention of sighning up to join you guys at the spine because of how you strike us as a guild that opens up a ton of oppertunities roleplaying wise.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?
My priority when online would be:
First of all RP/PvE
Secondly PvP once this rogue is a decent level and well geared
Finally would be raiding, though I enjoy it thoroughly I want a taste of somthing different.

Why do you wish to join the guild?

I would like to join the spine because you seem like a group of really good and serious RPers, after seeing some of the unique and interesting characters involved I wanted to join right away, along with that your high standards that were mentioned by my friends in CoE.

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Leopold Lucien Vericci

Title (if applicable): The Harlequin (self proclaimed)
Current Occupation: N/A. Currently traveling with his beloved brother/best friend Marcell.

Race:
-Undead Human

Level: 43 (and leveling fast).

In-game Class & Spec': Sub- main Combat- second.
IC Class: Acrobat/Contortionist/Assasin.

Hair Colour: Blood stained & jett black.
Eye Colour: Empty
Height: 6'

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?

I think that Leo would fit in comfortably with the deathstalkers, his stealthy nature along with his flexible, unorthadox and unpredictable fighting style make him a very proficient assassin and his light frame would make him useless to the deathguard and though he enjoys developing his custom weaponry he only ever desighns his infernal machinations with him and his brother in mind.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?

Leopold is content with the other races of the horse he has a live and let live outlook on them, though considers Garrosh hilarious and enjoys messing with stuck up sin'dorei, he thinks that the forsaken are very reasonable with the rest of the horde in that they keep to themselves and rarely bother the others for assistance or council.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?

Leo and his brother were raised roughly two years after the wrathgate incident, he neither objected to or supported the idea, he believs putress to of been brave to exercise the power of the forsaken, but also considered him slightly stupid for doing it when the forsaken werent prepared to take the rest of the world while they were at it.

How does your character feel about the current state of the Horde?

Leo rarely concerns himself with matters outside of the forsaken, he is fanatically devoted to sylvannas viewing her as practically a godess, he idolises and reveres her as a strong, powerful and awe inspiring figure, he barely knows anything of the tauren and troll leaders, but he considers garrosh laughable, he see's him as a child who has the will to do somthing but never knows quite how to get there, like a baby reaching for the sweets high on the counter which he just can't reach.

Family:
- Please only explore immediate family.
Father: Unnamed father (MIA - presumed dead).
Mother: Maria Vericci (Living).
Siblings: Marcell Vericci (Undead) and an Unnamed sister in the Stormwind Army.

Character History:
-For Undead Human characters you can cover their life from birth through to their death and up to their current activities.

Leopold and his brother Marcell were born to an average family, from a young age leopold loved the spotlight but also loved the dark of night, he couldnt stand being in the middle, he was either the centr eof attention or not seen at all, in school he spent most of his days flicking balled up paper at people and making little catapults from twigs, he would sit back and giggle at his brother hopelessly trying to impress a girl, feeling sorry for him, but never stepping in unless to console him.

Soon after they left education Leo and Marcell took to theft, after a few pickpockets and the quick slip of items into their pockets they were one day caught stealing food from a market stall, Leo dazzled the shopkeeper with speech whilst Marcell took the items Leo signalled at, this was however their last freelance theft, they were caught, after their mother found out, she contacted SI:7 after forcing them to give back the half eaten stolen food they had pilfered, they were recruited in the shadier part of the organisation, it was here they lived their dreams, always giddy and excitable for their next task.

Though, all good things must come to an end, and the brothers met the toe of SI:7's boot after they revealed some classified information whilst drinking in the Blue Recluse, in their drunket jabbers and songs they mentioned their previous mission and were overheard by the former SI:7 agent that was working the bar, he reported them to their superiors and they were discharged.

Needless to say this had crushed them, they pleaded for their mother to try and regain them their place in SI:7 but she refused sad and without purpose they moped away and lived on the streets until a few days later, Marcell turned to Leo with an idea, they would join the darkmoon faire! after Leo taught Marcell the miscellanious acrobatics that he could he went and spoke to a representative and they were taken into the faire as acrobats and contortionists, they worked most jobs like: Fire eating, dancing, animal care and working the stalls easily and Leo loved being in the limelight, the brothers quickly became one of the most popular displays and by popular demand were performing nearly every night on trampolenes, firing themselves from cannons and swinging from the trapeze, they were no longer Leopold and Marcell, they were now "The Magnificent Vericci Twins!" people flocked from all over to see them and they became the sole reason came to see the faire, this annoyed the other performers somewhat and drew buisness away from the stalls, the more devious of the carnies began plotting to rid themselves of the twins.

On an average performance night, they were preparing to get out onto the trapeze, unknown to them, the carnies sabotaged their ropes and net, as they swung and met eachother in the middling linking arms, the ropes gave away and snapped, the twins fell, hopping to reach safety in their net, they were not met with such a kindness, the net was loose, they fell down into a punji pit beneath the loosened net, the other carnies had murdered them, as they fell, Leo couldnt help but wonder who did it, and why... he jumped tot he conclusion SI:7 was out to get them for disclosing information, as he was impaled on a spike, his world went silent.

He strangely woke up in a graveyard, surrounded by others, he paniced a moment but upon seeing himself began to giggle slightly, he realised his fate, he was forsaken, he was maddened by this realisation, he couldn't take it, he was too young to die as he dragged himself to a deathguard to ask questions he heard a familiar voice and turned, he let out a high pitched squeel of joy, it was Marcell, also undead, it was at this point, they both aquired their tendancy to speak in rhymes as an ironic homage to their former lives, now it is instinctive and it is difficult for Leo not to speak in limeric, the brothers set out to begin their work for the banshee queen beocming loyal followers and devotees to the forsaken cause.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?

Leopold is a very talented performer and so trained his acrobatic skills, agility and flexibility to their limits, he often fights with his back to his opponent to confuse them, when he strike he often lowers down, bending and contorting his body into strange abstract shapes and launcching lightning fast attacks, aside form this he pours his spare time into creating carnival and jester inspired weaponry, exploding juggling balls, modified tightrope garrote wire and a "Bang" flag joke pistol which fires its pole like a dart are his favourite creations.

How does your character respond to authority?

Leo is very obedient to those he respects, his madness hinders his capabilities to think for himself and he often turns to his brother as he knows he is too wild and eccentric, though his brother isnt much better, he is a zealot to the dark lady and will take her direct orders without question, making instructing him very easy.

TEST OF ABILITY
Please write a short response (300 - 600 words) discussing one of the statements below, research is allowed but copying is not, you are encouraged to add your own thoughts and theories to the answer.

This test is designed to evaluate your use of the English language, your commitment to joining and your ability to present a reasoned and clear argument; it is NOT a test of raw knowledge.

i) The Forsaken are evil. There are no good Forsaken.

This is a statement where most would simply jump to the answer "Yes" however it is debatable. There are infact forsaken who seem quite benevolent in intentions, for example, the dark lady herself just wants for her people to thrive, she strives for the continuation of the forsaken, which to the forsaken is considered a noble and benevolent goal, however, it may be viewed otherwise by the rest of the races of azeroth, she intentionally creates more undead and more than a fair few of them dislike what they have become when they wake up again.

Gorrosh compares sylvannas to the lich king for bringing back more as undead, as if to say "Oh dear lord, what the f*** are you doing sylvannas!?" making it clear that the orcs as a whole view the forsaken as quite despicable and dishonourable but allow them to stay as they are a very effective war machine.

I have seen examples of people roleplaying forsaken who arent evil, for example aleck forestfire is in all essence a good person, though somtimes with questionable means for his ends, there is also the factor of a certain quest in the sludge fields in that a forsaken can choose to pop the humans' skulls like watermelons -or- save them by digging them out of the ground, but arguably most players choose to crack their skulls like boiled eggs (I know I did) though it means that some forsaken choose to be merciful, even to humans.

The wrathgate incident vouches for both ends of this arguement, first of all that the forsaken are evil, Putress launched a vicous surprise attack on -everything- on that battlefield making it clear that him and his followers were clearly corrupt and evil in wanting to desrtoy all but the forsaken, though he did it because he wants his people to be great, which could be considered selfish still. The other end of the stick is that sylvannas and the other forsaken tried to repent for Putress' crime by helping in the retaking of Undercity and killing putress for his treachery along with varimathras and planting their dark lady back at the top of the pile.

In conclusion, the forsakena re capable of some very grim acts and some very evil deeds, but at the heart of their leader lie sonly the desire to please her people and keep her race alive, they are not necessarily evil, more tolerating of less than honourable means for a good end.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Appliction: Leapold Vericci   Appliction: Leapold Vericci I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:17 am

Few typos. *peers, bonks for not doing proof-reading*
But.

1/2 stamps of approval gained.
Wait for second one, then prod Marwonaeth, Torge, Anthraxius or Sinquija, Chloè for IC interview and invite.
Back to top Go down
Sinquija

Sinquija

Character
Name: Sinquija Cidé
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Appliction: Leapold Vericci Left_bar_bleue85/85Appliction: Leapold Vericci Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

PostSubject: Re: Appliction: Leapold Vericci   Appliction: Leapold Vericci I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:51 am

Wait....I can do this now? Sweet.
In any case, I give my yes. Work on your damn spelling, man!

Though I would be more comfortable with the big guy throwing in his 2 cents.

Patience, I say!
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Name: Nathan Black
Profession: Warlock
Level:
Appliction: Leapold Vericci Left_bar_bleue85/85Appliction: Leapold Vericci Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

PostSubject: Re: Appliction: Leapold Vericci   Appliction: Leapold Vericci I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 7:09 am

A good application, but with more than a few grammatical and spelling errors - some of them are due to the lack of editing. Despite that, I will grant a 'yes sir' from me as well, which leads you on to the interview stage, however I do wish to raise a point or two beforehand.

In your test of ability, you, like Marcell, base most of your reasons and facts around what has happened in WoW, or more specifically, in WotLK/Cataclysm. I will tell you the same as I did to Marcell - there is nothing wrong in this, however I believe that you could easily reinforce your points with more information from a greater variety of sources.
In addition to that, I also think that you are being (no offense!) too black and white/too blunt when on the topics that you have included. You could easily expand on the points(again - I am repetitive, I know) with more information, going further than what you have experienced in-game; for example, why did Garrosh denounce the Queen? Why did Putress take the Undercity even though, as you state, he did what he did do promote the Forsaken? You catch the gist.
Of course, I'd not want to demand a thesis on the Forsaken, I am merely trying to say that a deeper analysis of the Forsaken Lore would really be the delicious icing on the cake.

Either way, don't be put off by my criticisms; you have my seal of approval, so please do contact me, Chloe, Sinquija, Anthraxius or Torge. Hope to see you soon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Appliction: Leapold Vericci   Appliction: Leapold Vericci I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Appliction: Leapold Vericci
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Steamspur Company :: The Spine :: The Harrowed Archive-
Jump to: