The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stegor Draconis

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stegor

Stegor Draconis Empty
PostSubject: Stegor Draconis   Stegor Draconis I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 10:09 am

PLAYER INFORMATION
How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?

Dates and times are not really my thing, but I can say that I've been playing from slightly after the BWL patch. Ever since I've never really stopped, though my involvement lessened after the Cataclysm due to my favorite guild(s) shattering shortly before it. Started out on an RP server (Moonglade), leveled really slowly, participated in events and a few guilds. Stayed there up to BC when I jumped ship to play with friends on a dreaded PVP server. PVP not being my thing, I raided a bit, up until I found one of my old guilds that migrated to The Sha'tar. After that I pendled in between servers, enjoying the best of both.

How confident would you say you are with the English language?

Very confident. Even though it's not my native language, I've been speaking it for over a decade now.The only gripe(s) that I have with myself and this 'English', is that I take quite some time to make sentences, and I overuse the 'comma'. Also, when typing out longer sequences of text, like in a short story, my sentence - verb and word structure go haywire. This is why I do not write short-stories.

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?

I have 'written' on RP websites. The essence of most were to emulate the LotR universe and act out playing a character in it. The others were usually about a random RP universe. (I try not to think back too much because I tended to make a ninja-esque assassin or black knight with a dragon companion character)

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?

Roleplay, raid and a small taste of PVP.
-PVE wise

Vanilla:
I've had a taste of raiding on my hunter only the first bosses in Zul'gurub. No real progression there though.

BC:
I've played a warlock in Kara, early TK and SSC and a bit of MH when the attunements vanished.
I've played a fury warrior through the normal progression up to BT, only after the attunements were removed. Never been in an actual guild that killed Vashj and Kael during the normal progression span.

Wrath:
I've played a DK from the launch, getting into a raid guild that downed Sarth+3D before the Ulduar patch. (<- My pride and joy)
Due to a guild shattering I lost any progression in Ulduar, only doing the first boss(es) and leveling up alts.
After that I got a mage/DK into TOTC, no real notable progression there.
After the LK patch I got my mage some real progression in ICC, for those that know, Sha'tar's Hand of Vengeance, got Saurfang on 25-man without the buffs, interest dropped after this due to in-guild problems.

Cata: nothing worth noting

PVP wise, been in arena sometimes, never really broke the 1500 rating cap.

Roleplay wise:
I've played quite a series of characters, but only been member of a few roleplay guilds. I have to say I've most enjoyed in-guild roleplay, being able to see the inner-character relations evolve. Being part of first 'The Sunfire Vanguard' and then 'The Red Jackal Brigade'was probably my most RP-involved time.

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?

I do not know. I've always been a fairly amiable kind of guy. I've always been able to get along with all people I've had in the guilds I've been in. I usually try to keep a light atmosphere, except when there are serious questions that require serious answers.

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?

I can't say that I habitually go abroad or go out to party every night, so you can expect to see me multiple times a week.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?

Seek out the RP. It's really the thing I like doing most in this game.
And not run ICC25HC pugs when the guild is trying to host/attend an event.

Why do you wish to join the guild?

I want to be able to play my forsaken the way I expect a forsaken to be played. Not needing to attend a bar in Orgrimmar, a bar in Dalaran, or Camp-fire stories in Thunder-bluff.

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Buff McManlypecks
Name in unlife: Stegor Draconis
Name in life: Alfonsus Ibella Dragonfly

Title (if applicable): Doctor
Current Occupation: Currently slavering away in his laboritory making alchemical concotions, stitch the odd bodypart to another, and general forsaken tomfoolery.

Race:
-Undead Human
-Undead Elf

Level: 85

In-game Class & Spec': Demonology warlock
IC Class: Hidden warlock, fleshcrafter, doctor and alchemist

Hair Colour: Sickly purple
Eyes: none
Height: 162 cm

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?
The Royal Apothecary Society: back in BC he was an actual member, before going underground and appearing back up as a doctor for the Sunfire Vanguard. There he's been a part-time alchemist and done the odd experiment out of the knowledge of the officers.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?
He has no real love for the Horde, but neither does he do for any race. He's been dealing death to those that he's ordered to, and patched up the others.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?
General anger towards the followup. To split the undead after the escape of the Lich King's grasp has caused him to distrust his peers just as much as any other race.

How does your character feel about the current state of the Horde?
Indifferent. He's not sure why the Dark Lady would need to expand past the blighted lands, but he does not openly question this.

Family:
None alive that are breathing or that he knows of.Most of his family lived near Stratholme, so they would probably have been killed during the events of WC3

Character History:
Stegor his life was pretty uneventful. He managed to start a small business selling potions and salves before the dreaded wars. He managed to find a wife, but didn't manage to start a real family due to him spending most time in his laboratory. When the orcs drove the humans north Stegor moved along with the human armies to make a killing selling his potions and salves. He did, managing to start a small fortune to expand his business and become a major dealer in medical wares and goods. When the rumors of the plague started he thought that another perfect oppertunity to expand his riches surfaced. He sold his potions to villagers, starting a string of cons, selling so-called anti plague potions along with his normal wares. He managed to ammass even more wealth, but got ended along with most during the Scourging of Lordaeron.

Being raised as a ghoul to serve a necromancer, he was mostly a tools carrier untill the Civil war in the plaguelands started. After regaining his 'sanity' he killed the necromancer and went underground up until the Sylvannas revolution.
Up until the fighting in outland he schooled himself along with other forsaken to become a warlock, also becoming a member of the Royal Apothecary Society. His time was mostly spent with making abominations, the fluids for them, and sending out new members to gather reagents and goods for the society.
When the Outland crisis started, he left undercity to fight along with a group called 'The Sodality', a group invested in several different zones in outland as well as in the Eastern Kingdoms. He did so until leaving the society and vanishing from the radar.
The next time he popped up was in the Sunfire Vanguard, as a doctor. There he assisted them in their efforts in the Ghostlands, plaguelands, and in their campaign to Outland. After its change in leadership he once left the brigade and once again, vanished from the radar.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?

He's a respected alchemist, an experienced flesh-crafter/doctor and for those that know of him, a warlock.

How does your character respond to authority?

With a nod. Personality wise, he won't object to anything. If he dislikes something he may mention it if he deems he has the clearance to do so. Other then that, he'd rather sabotage an effort then decline doing it.

TEST OF ABILITY
Please write a short response (300 - 600 words) discussing one of the statements below, research is allowed but copying is not, you are encouraged to add your own thoughts and theories to the answer.

This test is designed to evaluate your use of the English language, your commitment to joining and your ability to present a reasoned and clear argument; it is NOT a test of raw knowledge.

i) The Forsaken are evil. There are no good Forsaken.

Yes and no. No because they're all just humans that have gone through a series of transformations that might have radically altered their ways of thinking and morals. Yes because they were all raised as killing machines, not ressurected and then just mind-controlled. It is stated in a canon cinematic that the Scourge, without the control of the Lich King, would erradicate all life on Azeroth. This is not because they are duty bound or ordered to, but because it's their nature as the way they are animated and it is the purpouse they were raised for. We can all see that in the forsaken that murder is not wrong and a hatred for life is very common. The opposite happens, but is not a general feature, more like the exception.

One can say that the forsaken are doing what they are for their own survival. One would be right, as almost every race seeming to be out for their guts, and wanting to cull them as soon as the other threats of the world are handled. They just haven't gotten the chance to due to other more direct and world threatening threats. Survival is one thing, but the forsaken have started expanding their teritories, very agressively even. See Gilneas and Southshore, they have ignored Garrosh's bans on using the plague and if you go through all the quest zones, the forsaken are on the offensive everywhere.

In my own mind, I just saw forsaken as risen humans, stripped of emotion, having to deal with the stigma of unlife, and make do with their time. Some forsaken would use that time to get revenge on the living, while others would cope with dealing with the threats that caused their demise in the first place. Yet recently, the former has taken over the place of the latter, the forsaken now looking to expand their numbers, expand their teritories for no sake other then revenge.
My answer is yes and no, leaning more to yes.
Back to top Go down
Anthraxius

Anthraxius

Location : Can you see me? No? then you may be seconds from death

Character
Name: Anthraxius
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Stegor Draconis Left_bar_bleue85/85Stegor Draconis Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

Stegor Draconis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stegor Draconis   Stegor Draconis I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 10:25 am

I like it, heres a yes from me, just need to wait on someone elses.
Back to top Go down

Stegor Draconis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stegor Draconis   Stegor Draconis I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:10 pm

Approval stamp goes in.

Whisper Anthraxius, Marwonaeth, Chloè or Torge (*snorts*) for IC interview and guild invite.
Back to top Go down
Torgy

Torgy

Character
Name: Donovan J. LaFleur
Profession: Rogue
Level:
Stegor Draconis Left_bar_bleue80/80Stegor Draconis Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

Stegor Draconis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stegor Draconis   Stegor Draconis I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 5:21 am

Chloe wrote:
Torge (*snorts*)
Stegor Draconis Tumblr_m1ks8gSJ9X1r4jjpw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stegor Draconis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stegor Draconis   Stegor Draconis I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stegor Draconis
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Steamspur Company :: The Spine :: The Harrowed Archive-