The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Horizon - Sign up!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Name: Nathan Black
Profession: Warlock
Level:
Black Horizon - Sign up! Left_bar_bleue85/85Black Horizon - Sign up! Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

Black Horizon - Sign up! Empty
PostSubject: Black Horizon - Sign up!   Black Horizon - Sign up! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 1:03 pm

Hello again ladies and gentlemen.
Welcome to the second RP forum! This setting is primarily aimed at those who aren't already participate in FRP, however the ones of you that do participate in something, you are more than welcome to join.

What is Black Horizon?
You may have gotten the idea from the cryptic thread that I put in the closed forum, which should pretty much give you the basics - Real Earth, close future, post-apocalypse.
Things you may be wondering:

Why Berlin?
I went for an European capital that would be somewhat centre of us all, just to give some familiarity. So instead of going for what I know, i.e. what you don't know, I took somethign that's probably unfamiliar to all of you, at least in detail - Germany! Of course, you might've visited Berlin, but I doubt that any of you live there. So it's an oppotunity to go for something new, in what you already know.

What kind of apocalypse?
I don't want to spoil a lot just yet, however there was a Third World War which started out with an agreement - no nuclear, biochemical or otherwise 'unaccepted weapons', simply because everyone knew it would be the end of the world. However, a splinter faction from 'somewhere' managed to nuke Washington, which started off a 'scramble EVERYTHING!' which lead to Total War. All kinds of weapons used, including 'dirty' nuclear bombs, biological parasites, poisoning of food and water supplies... Basically, Murphy's law was fulfilled.

However, due to the gradual disarmament of nuclear weapons in Russia and America, the nukes weren't used as frequently, and many storages had been disabled beforehand, out of fear. So Earth wasn't destroyed quickly, and the nuclear winter didn't affect the entire world. However, generally speaking all major powers were obliterated - USA has come to resemble that in Fallout 3; the only habitable part of Russia is the eastern end of Siberia, you catch the drift.

This has essentially meant that all kinds of crap has occured. The only habitable zones were the only cities which weren't subject to directed fire, and they were few. To top things off, a mutated virus intended for warfare caused a pandemic of human rabies (in a way) - the virus basically disabled the cognitive functions of the brain, but leave the instincts intact. Of course, any exchange of bodily fluid from these 'Infected' lead to a contamination, and the incubation period is relatively short; 3-4 hours before the brain begins to degenerate.
On top of that, the areas affected by nuclear radiation the most have spawned rumours of mutants of the most horrific calibre - these reports are very subjective, so they are merely dismissed as legends. Legends that are potentially very real, however.

How can I join?
How can't you? You've got the whole world from chose from.
The only thing I ask for is for you to provide the following:

• Name.
  • Country of Origin.
  • Description.
  • Personality.
  • Brief summary of background.
  • Reason why s/he is in Berlin. (use the small 'intro' thread for potential reasoning)

Essentially - ever wanted to RP an NCR ranger, a Stalker, a scavenger, a mutant, a zombie, a zombie exterminator, a gasmask-wielding maniac, a Louis, a Bill, a grumpy grand-pa, a hill-billy-an-axe?
This is your chance to RP in the post-apocalyptic Earth! Don't miss it!

To get you in the mood:
Little, ominous track
Picture
Picture
Picture!
Picture
Kudos to you have if you can spot where this is from!
This one too! I'll be disappointed if Anth doesn't know.

Last edited by Marwonaeth on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:07 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Teorius

Teorius

Character
Name: Jonath Zaden
Profession: Thief
Level:
Black Horizon - Sign up! Left_bar_bleue80/80Black Horizon - Sign up! Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: Black Horizon - Sign up!   Black Horizon - Sign up! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 1:19 am

Name: Johan Viksell

Country of Origin: Sweden

Description: Always wears a Russian military suit, complete with gasmask, goggles, balaklava and helmet. Tall and possibly quite muscular, even if it is hard to judge due to the suit.

Personality: Silent, untrusting.

Brief summary of background: In the year of the war, Johan was on a vacation in Moscow when hell broke out. Trapped in the city when the rain of end started, he had to escape the highly radiated city. Unable to return to his homeland he have been wandering for the past years, seeking safety.

Reason why s/he is in Berlin: Johan's wanderings have led him all the way from Russia to Germany, where he is now seeking for shelter in the Millenium city of Berlin.
Back to top Go down
Torgy

Torgy

Character
Name: Donovan J. LaFleur
Profession: Rogue
Level:
Black Horizon - Sign up! Left_bar_bleue80/80Black Horizon - Sign up! Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: Black Horizon - Sign up!   Black Horizon - Sign up! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 4:04 am

I don't even know will I be any active in this, but might aswell..

Name
"Peer Gynt", 22.

Country of Origin
Born to Northern European parents, but considers himself nationless.

Description
Tall, blonde, blue-eyed, slightly dirty face with an unshaven strong jaw. Is often seen in dark brown to black leather rags with several layers and pockets with all kinds of gadgets inside.

Personality
Nihilistic, yet opportunistic and valueless. He's often quiet but will speak if he's confronted. Rarely trusts anyone, and has a backup plan for everything he does.

Brief summary of background
He left is homeland ( before the war ), wanting to see what the world has to offer. He was in Berlin holding a garage and workshop when the war reached it's climax.

Reason why s/he is in Berlin
Even if he has little interest for the will of the authorities and declares everyone stupid who is willing to fight for because someone tells them to, he sees the aftermath of the war as an opportunity and something he was made for. Now he's residing here, salvaging what he can find and often blackmailing or simply having deals with the other inhabitants.

Last edited by Torgy on Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Horizon - Sign up!   Black Horizon - Sign up! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 8:13 am

Name:
Joan Remy

Country of Origin:
France

Description:
That -> link <-
Tall, wears dusty brown leather jacket (like this ) over worn out gray sweater, patched up here and there jeans and same worn out military boots. Seems quite skinny, but fit. Has a bag over her shoulder, filled with batteries and tapes for her recorder, cigarette packs, spare cartridges for MP-443 Grach, that's in a holster on her belt. In the same bag there's a thick notebook, she keeps her 'diary' in.

Personality:
Blunt, talkative, stubborn, rude, quick to act, observant, usually on a short fuse with people, dislikes softness, when dealing with infected, no matter be it a child or helpless person - excuses herself with the fact, that "better be a heartless murderer, than have a toddler chew my leg off in a sleep".

Brief summary of background:
Nearing her thirties, Joan still calls herself a reporter. She got involved in the first year of war as a war correspondent. However, a couple of weeks before the conflict reached it's peak, she left the hot spots with intention to return home, not having enough nerve to continue. Got stuck in Frankfurt on the way, where she remained.
Trying to survive alone at first, then surfing from one group of people to another, until recently, due to unknown reasons, she again remained alone on the streets to survive. Not for long, since during one of her runs from the 'beasts', she met Johan (who saved her sorry butt) and tagged along with him on the way to Berlin.

Reason why she is in Berlin:
Dragging herself with Johan, seeking a shelter just the same, as her 'companion'.

Last edited by Chloe on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sinquija

Sinquija

Character
Name: Sinquija Cidé
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Black Horizon - Sign up! Left_bar_bleue85/85Black Horizon - Sign up! Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

PostSubject: Re: Black Horizon - Sign up!   Black Horizon - Sign up! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 9:52 am

Name: Prospero "El terror de Sevilla" Diaz

Country of Origin: Born and raised in Texas (Mexican Side), moved to Spain before the apocalypse.

Description: If one where to look upon Prospero. One would notice the extensive tattoos. His entire upper body is covered in rough, black tattoos. On his back, he has the Aztec calendar. He keeps his head clean shaven and is growing a large, dirty, black beard. He wears a black poncho over his Scale-plated armour and uses a M16 Rifle with only 10 rounds in the magazine, the "Diez Muertos" as he commonly calls them. For more personal battles he uses his extensively sharpened Machete. He is in his late 20's.

Personality: A very untrusting man. Yet charismatic and intelligent. His life in Texas tought him street smarts. Prospero has no quelms about killing though he prefers talking it out so both parties come out unscathed.

Brief summary of background: Born in the Mexican side of Texas. Raised in a very poor area. Despite this he was able to complete his matric with flying colours. With nothing to do anymore he gradually joined the "Fin del Mundo" gang. Therefore, the tattoos. Prospero then spent his time killing and generally breaking the law. He got into some deep trouble and his mother had him go live with her Grandparents in Spain. A year later, the world ended.

Reason why s/he is in Berlin: Travelling, surviving. Found an old map and has been heading for America through Russia. In the bleak, almost impossible task of reuniting with his family.

Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Name: Nathan Black
Profession: Warlock
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Black Horizon - Sign up!   Black Horizon - Sign up! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:44 pm

Daniel 'the Dane' Rasmussen

Origin: Copenhagen, Denmark.

Appearance: Tall and skinny with clear signs of malnutrition. He appears as the stereotypical northerner - blond, unruly hair tied into a ponytail, startling blue eyes and a playful grin at most times. His stature hints at a muscular past, but those muscles have long since withered into nothingness, an almost natural effect of the devastation and scarcity of food. Even so, he seems to carry a constant scent of alcohol.
In terms of clothing, he's generally wearing poloshirts, and more than often it's a a silky football shirt with the theme of FCK. Never seen without a similarly coloured bandana, either tied around his neck, mouth or forehead. His trousers are clearly not his own, a few sizes too large for him, and they seem to have belonged to the army - many pockets, heavy padding, overall fit for survivability.

He is constantly armed with a baseball bat which seems very well used, and a relatively unused 9mm USP. Around on his body though, one can spot several other weapons: a police baton dangles against his thigh in an improvised sheath, a combat knife in a matching case on the left side of his waist, as well as a lumber hatchet on his back.
Strangely, it is as though he has purposely avoided using a backback - all spare sets of clothing, including a heavy police jacket, have been bundled up tightly and strung to his waist in a lightweight fashion. His only containers are that of water and other necessities, and they are all kept in a black waist pouch, rather large for it's purpose.

In overall, his posture is incredibly uneven - skinny top and heavy bottom.

Personality:
Hailing from the lower parts of Copenhagen, Daniel carries the personality of a typical street hooligan - loud, jumpish and agile. However, he seems to find greater safety on his own in comparison to the typical mob mentality, and he is extremely, if not excessively, couragous, happily leaping into combat with threats or whoever holds potential supplies. Kind at heart, but rough on the outside, he tends to shoo all social contact unless they're for the greater good. He has saved a life once or twice in the past though. On the other hand, he has an uncomfortable tendency to swear like a pig, greasing almost every conversation with a street-wise vocabulary and selfish dominance.

Background: Daniel comes from the lower parts of rural Copenhagen, a rather dangerous environment for those not aware. He has always been fond of football and low-level crime, often paying for daily needs using stolen money, taken from either the weakest members of society, or local kiosks; a kind man, really, and well-liked amongst his friends whom he'd ravage the streets with on a good night with lots of beer, typically after a football match.
Oddly enough, he has been arrested quite a few times as a result, and was actually on parole when the disaster struck.

Reason why he is in Berlin: As soon as the fires had permitted it, Daniel left the burning, plagued capital with his trusty bat and no supplies. Of course, he saw the folly in this quickly, ambushing several officers trying to control the maddening, claustrophobic crowd, thus gaining most of his equipment.
While he didn't have a goal initially, he overheard from a comandeered police radio that Berlin was one of the more mercy-struck cities in Europe, and hence he instantly set course for that, in hopes of survival.
His trip has been extremely tough, however, being forced to not only travel through the densest parts of the infected Copenhagen, but also getting across many, destroyed bridges. When he reached the southern end of Lolland, he rowed across the small Fermer Belt, and travelling on foot since, going from city to city just to get food, which has been extremely scarce.
As he got closer and closer to the Millenium City though, his spirits began to lift, and his powers rejuvinated with hope of a brighter future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Horizon - Sign up!   Black Horizon - Sign up! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Horizon - Sign up!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Steamspur Company :: Social :: Roleplay :: The Vericci Circus :: F-RP Sign Up-
Jump to: