The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Operation M.I.A.S.M.A.

Go down 
+4
Anthraxius
Sinquija
Torgy
Marwonaeth
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Name: Nathan Black
Profession: Warlock
Level:
Operation M.I.A.S.M.A. Left_bar_bleue85/85Operation M.I.A.S.M.A. Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

Operation M.I.A.S.M.A. Empty
PostSubject: Operation M.I.A.S.M.A.   Operation M.I.A.S.M.A. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 10:11 am

(Operation 'Maliciously Intricate Asphyxiation of Stormwind Morale v. A')

Greetings!

This is more or less summarising what we talked about on Thursday, both for those that weren't there, and those that have forgotten.

We are launching a campaign against Stormwind, in a preemptive strike for the good of the Forsaken - that is, pillaging, murdering, poisoning and generally spreading terror and horror while screaming the name of our queen.

I made that sound easy. Well, it isn't.
A few questions to get your mind working;

1) How do we get into Stormwind, and RP there without getting ganked?
2) Why are we even doing it?
3) Stats please?

Okay.

1) This has not been tested and tried, however, my plans is to hoard tons of invisibility potions. Three of us, one of which being a warlock, get close to SW, drink the potions and hurry to the old town, to hide in the barracks. Here, we wait for a bit, and the next day, we summon the rest of you. Bingo.
The issue is RP, of course. The plan is to execute all these terribly awesome things over the course of one night. Of course, that is going to be a logistical nightmare, because how can we coordinate the attack on both sides, at several points in the city?
It will take patience and reliance: I will contact major guild leaders on the Alliance side, get their real ID, or Skype, or Steam, or whatever, and prepare macros for all sides. Unfortunately, this will require you all to pay rather good attention, since things will happen rather quickly. More info on this will come at a later stage, of course, as we get closer to the actual thing.
As for the gankers - well, there isn't a lot we can do. We ought to be ganked more than a few times, but again, I must ask you to be patient and not go rage on them. Sure, trollers/greivers are bound to hop up, but because we're split up, only one party will be affected. As for the affected party, I will give more info of this at a later stage.

2) Simple. The Spine have, unfortunately, died down too much, and I think the best way to bring us back to very top, is to display how awesomely good at RP we are to the whole of the server. No, I'm not being megalomaniac, but we really are the greatest Forsaken RPers out there, and we need to show them.
This is also partly to get the Spine itself back on its feet, and many runner-up events will be held prior to the thing, to get your rotten blood circulating again. IC, we're doing it because the SI:7 are in possession of a very dangerous weapon of ours, as well as plans of the Undercity. And, for the lulz in the name of the Queen, ofc. Nothing better than screams of despair and the smell of disease in the morning.

3) It has not been completely laid out yet, however, the event is most likely gonna be happening in the middle of February, with us staying in Stormwind for 5 days, the grand attack happening on the fifth day. An exact date will be revealed once contact has been established between leaders.
As for exactly who we are contacting, well... This is our biggest issue atm. I am not the most knowledgeable of the Alliance guilds, so I need your help on his. All I know is that Lightswon is a must.
What about Horde side?
Being the esoteric, racist bastards that our characters are, we wouldn't want any non-forsaken aboard. So, I strongly advice that we keep this as a Spine vs Alliance thing, perhaps with a few 'freelancing' Forsaken.

Satisfied?
Of course you're not.

On the day itself, the following will happen:
  • We split into groups of three, preferably one Apoth, one Dstalker and one Dguard.
  • These groups are each assigned a task and a location, to which they must sneak to, again using a lot of potions.
  • These chosen locations are:
    • The catacombs of the Cathedral.
    • The Slaughtered Lamb.
    • The Dwarven District (exact area is not determined)
    • Old Town (unsure due to the amount of PvPers in the area)

• Once there, I will ask you not prepare a few emotes, and then scream with all my might at you through raid at the time when you are going to launch something. At the same time, I will ask the guild master whom I have contact with to copy an emote I have made in advance to /general chat, and /yell.
  • Alliance roleplayers(hopefully) will flood the areas, and you will have to commence RP PvP to the best of your ability. I will advice that you transmorg your gear to make you last longer, with the guards and all. When you are low on health, either die, lie still and wait, or disappear.

That is the general agenda for the evening itself. I will add more info as time progresses, don't worry, but because of the amount of time that the event is away, I will keep it short.
For now, all I ask you to is to NOT TELL ANYONE OF THIS.
Why? Because the more people get to know, the more gankers will be ready. I plead you, the more you reveal, the harder it will be to do the event, so don't do it. If there's too much gankation, the event will be abandoned, and I will make a hateful thread on the realm forums. Don't make me do that!

Please, by all means, post feedback, suggestions and questions below.

Last edited by Marwonaeth on Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:12 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation M.I.A.S.M.A.   Operation M.I.A.S.M.A. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 10:16 am

You can just fly into Old Barracks from the sea side without aggroing anything.
Back to top Go down
Torgy

Torgy

Character
Name: Donovan J. LaFleur
Profession: Rogue
Level:
Operation M.I.A.S.M.A. Left_bar_bleue80/80Operation M.I.A.S.M.A. Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: Operation M.I.A.S.M.A.   Operation M.I.A.S.M.A. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 10:26 am

Although the event is in an early stage, I'm going to say at this point that going into SW and even trying to stay there for more than a minute is -never- going to work. The amount of Alliance ganking is will be a lot more than just getting ganked a few times. It doesn't take much to see us, and when one does, the whole SW will be there, even if you tell the Alliance to try not to distrupt. Even with all of that, even if your plan has a theoretical point, practically it will be just pure hell and impossible.
Back to top Go down
Sinquija

Sinquija

Character
Name: Sinquija Cidé
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Operation M.I.A.S.M.A. Left_bar_bleue85/85Operation M.I.A.S.M.A. Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

PostSubject: Re: Operation M.I.A.S.M.A.   Operation M.I.A.S.M.A. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 12:02 pm

Actually, im in Stormwind right now.

The Old Barracks are easy enough to get in to and there is no-one around the Cathedral except for some NPC guards on a set patrol paths, which we could easily time and bypass.

We can also use the canals to swim up and down without getting detected except there are one or two blocks in the canals near the docks.
We should only have to worry about the Gryphon riders if we go on flying mounts.

I could have done more but my lack of understanding of Stormwind limited me.

And this is just to prove my point:

[img]Operation M.I.A.S.M.A. Wowscr10[/img]

Although it was pretty late. It could be different on other times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation M.I.A.S.M.A.   Operation M.I.A.S.M.A. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 9:58 pm

Torgy wrote:
Although the event is in an early stage, I'm going to say at this point that going into SW and even trying to stay there for more than a minute is -never- going to work. The amount of Alliance ganking is will be a lot more than just getting ganked a few times. It doesn't take much to see us, and when one does, the whole SW will be there, even if you tell the Alliance to try not to distrupt. Even with all of that, even if your plan has a theoretical point, practically it will be just pure hell and impossible.

Fanks, negative Nancy. But to prove you wrong - Manners and I RP'ed in SW openly for quite some time. Noone saw us. Noone ganked us.
Back to top Go down
Anthraxius

Anthraxius

Location : Can you see me? No? then you may be seconds from death

Character
Name: Anthraxius
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Operation M.I.A.S.M.A.   Operation M.I.A.S.M.A. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:50 am

Even with the obvious risks involved, I think we could pull this off and have ourselves a damn great event.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation M.I.A.S.M.A.   Operation M.I.A.S.M.A. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 5:19 am

Anthraxius wrote:
Even with the obvious risks involved, I think we could pull this off and have ourselves a damn great event.

^

Even if we might ( probably will) get our asses kicked. OHWELL. Who the hell cares.
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Operation M.I.A.S.M.A.   Operation M.I.A.S.M.A. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 7:00 am

That's the spirit!

Now for the task at hand, though:

What Alliance guilds do we want to take contact to?
Back to top Go down
Anthraxius

Anthraxius

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Operation M.I.A.S.M.A.   Operation M.I.A.S.M.A. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 8:47 am

Gaeb and Lightsworn would be the obvious choice, could always ask for his input as well, see if he can put us in touch with some other guilds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation M.I.A.S.M.A.   Operation M.I.A.S.M.A. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:18 am

Sadly with Terra quitting, Lightsworn are the only ones I can think of...
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Operation M.I.A.S.M.A.   Operation M.I.A.S.M.A. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 8:09 am

I've spoken with Gaebriel, and we now have Lightsworn's support.
He also gave me a list of guilds to contact, which I will do:
The Stonefoot Clan
The Ebon Guard
Vanguard of Vigilance
Barony of Silver Haven
Guardian
Seventh Regiment - we have their support.
Dark Glare (raid guild, with a thing for RP - leader is good at controlling gankers)
Immortalis ( -//- )

Last edited by Marwonaeth on Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:45 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hergrim

Hergrim

Character
Name: Hergrim
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Operation M.I.A.S.M.A.   Operation M.I.A.S.M.A. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 11:28 pm

Wow.. This sounds totally awesome. I sure as heck will be there. if there is anything I can do to help out, just tell me. :3
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AtomicBunnehStudios
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Operation M.I.A.S.M.A.   Operation M.I.A.S.M.A. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 9:40 am

UPDATE:
Spoken to an officer of Vanguard, and they are more or less dead, so they are out of the question.
Have been hard to reach both Ebon Guard and the Stonefoot Clan.
Also asked a random RPer who gave me three more guilds, which I've added to the list.
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Operation M.I.A.S.M.A.   Operation M.I.A.S.M.A. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:28 am

UPDATE:

First training session is on Saturday the fourth - it is there for your benefit, and will only last about 45 mins - PLEASE attend, the more clear you are on this, the better!
If you cannot attend that meeting, I've put another one up two days before the trial (which is on Saturday the eleventh), but by all means, show up on both, in case there's something you are uncertain of.

I have also added a poll to this thread, with a few dates that suit me, and it's up to you to select which would suit you the best.

Additionally, I am just about to send out letters to all of the Alliance and Horde guild leaders which I have taken contact to.

Back to top Go down
Anthraxius

Anthraxius

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Operation M.I.A.S.M.A.   Operation M.I.A.S.M.A. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 9:10 am

What time on Saturday man, can't check WoW just yet, some configuring stuff is going on.
Back to top Go down
Dresta

Dresta

Character
Name: Executor Thornton
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Operation M.I.A.S.M.A.   Operation M.I.A.S.M.A. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:07 am

You mentioned speaking to the Vanguard of Vigilance. For the guild's sake, don't try to rope those lowlives into an event again, Marwon. It might sound a bit dubious of me to spite a guild which may once have been reputable, but the people Terrafros left in charge are a bunch of prejudiced, paranoid idiots with next to no roleplaying talent whatsoever. I know this from recent personal experience. Consider this a word of future warning; nothing good will ever come from roleplaying with the Vanguard of Vigilance.
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Operation M.I.A.S.M.A.   Operation M.I.A.S.M.A. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:48 am

Worry not Dres - I've crossed out the VoV after I spoke to several of the other guild leaders about what they thought on each other. VoV is, it seems, exceedingly bad and inactive. Thus, I did not invite them. But thanks for the warning!
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Operation M.I.A.S.M.A.   Operation M.I.A.S.M.A. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:22 am

UPDATE:

A date has been confirmed - 3rd of March! We leave for Stormwind on the 27th of Feburary!

I have briefed the major guild leaders, answered their questions, and in overall they seem thrilled, and we should expect quite a few to appear! So yay to that!
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Operation M.I.A.S.M.A.   Operation M.I.A.S.M.A. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:25 am

REPORT FROM THE BULLETIN IN THE TRADE QUARTERS

Dark whispers from men of the old speak of ill foreboding. Something is about to happen. Something terrible. Something that will shape the fate of Stormwind and her denizen.

The calm winds from the north are no longer pleasant and refreshing. They carry the undetectable stench of evil. Reports of undead activity are increasing in number. More and more innocent farmers disappear from the farmsteads. A harrowing is immiment - survivors of the ambushes speak incoherently, unable to contain themselves from the fear of what they have seen - thus, their evidence is weak and permable. But they all have one thing in common.
A swarm is about to fall upon our lands.

All these grim rumours all spawn from one man. The rescued spy. His report has been release to the public, as the officials disregarded it as something important.
He carried one message, and died shortly after of an unidentifiable disease.

"The undead are coming! We are not prepared! The undead are coming! Miasma is upon us!"

OOC

What?
Server-wide, cross-faction event. One-off.
When?
Weekend from the second to the fourth of March.
Where?
Stormwind.
Who?
Us.

Leaders of both Horde and Alliance guilds - contact me.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3389259336#1
Back to top Go down
Teorius

Teorius

Character
Name: Jonath Zaden
Profession: Thief
Level:
Operation M.I.A.S.M.A. Left_bar_bleue80/80Operation M.I.A.S.M.A. Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: Operation M.I.A.S.M.A.   Operation M.I.A.S.M.A. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:11 am

So yeah... This is what happened.
Back to top Go down
Josephus

Josephus

PostSubject: Re: Operation M.I.A.S.M.A.   Operation M.I.A.S.M.A. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 8:54 pm

Gah at work and can't see it D8
Will have to wait 6 hours before I can Sad
Back to top Go down
Dresta

Dresta

Character
Name: Executor Thornton
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Operation M.I.A.S.M.A.   Operation M.I.A.S.M.A. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:17 pm

"And Torge... well, yeah."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Operation M.I.A.S.M.A.   Operation M.I.A.S.M.A. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Operation M.I.A.S.M.A.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Steamspur Company :: The Spine :: The Harrowed Archive-
Jump to: