The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Sarcophagus

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarcophagus

The Sarcophagus Empty
PostSubject: The Sarcophagus   The Sarcophagus I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 5:42 pm

PLAYER INFORMATION
How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?
I have been playing since before Wrath was released, however it was around the middle of Burning Crusade so I am not a "Wrath Baby" as I have covered level 70 raids too.

How confident would you say you are with the English language?
English is my first and only language, I may make spelling mistakes but I tend to type faster than is safe for me. I also try to re-read everything I do to eliminate mistakes as I have noticed I put letters back to front. E.g. ot rather than to. I am aware of this and try to mitigate it.

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?
My journey into RP began in Jan of this year.

I play male and female.
I also play Tauren, Sin'dorei, Gilnean, Dreanei.
My roles have covered:
Priestess of the Light, and then the Dark fallen from grace.
Druidess with full primal overtone.
Death Knight leading an army for his Dark Queen.
Rogue enforcer, torture, shady, clinical and cruel.
Paladin of the Light.
Assorted fun personalities ranging from an elderly womanising Priest who drinks too much to a shy human girl hiding a rather terminal secret, for you that is.

I am also a short story writer. I will add I find it difficult to make up a story, I prefer to work with RP IC and flesh it out into an engaging story for others to read. I research my information before I work on my storyline, for example when I began to RP a Sin'dorei, I spent a long time working on the lore before I began to shape her and write about her life in Silvermoon City. I use NPC's as little as I can and I try to avoid working one off against another, such as my Priest being given information by my Death Knight. This to me is a lazy way to bridge RP when I can bring in another role player and give them a chance to have some fun too.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?
PVE
I have raided 10 and 25, hard core and casual. This covers old content right up to the start of Cata. My fulll raiding experience was in Wrath where I also raid led my own 10 man ICC training group. I have been lucky enough to help two guilds past Prof Putripants to their Kingslayer kill. The best raid ever was standing looking at Yoghurt (yoggy in Ulduar) for the first time. I the noob, first time in there and they sent me into the brain. Totally awesome, I will never forget that.

My main role is Tank, secondary role is Healer, I never DPS, ever. Do not ask me to because I am awful at damaging, I also find it very boring. Now for the fun part, I get lost walking in a straight line and I fall off anything higher than my ankle bone. I don't try to fall off things, edges just sneak up on me and tip me over!

PvP
Arena healer, stealthy life stealer and corpse. I have run as disc in arena and rbgs, my partner was a Warrior so we had a powerful 2v2 set up. When we did bgs I was his pocket healer while he carried the flag. I enjoy all battlegrounds, some are more of a challenge than others but I like them all. I also enjoy running as a rogue. My CC can be delightfully lethal, and I have what it takes to sneak in at the last minute and flag nap for the cap! Yes I like to win.

RP
See above. I am on The Venture Co but it is a low population realm. I would like to expand my RP and hopefully my friends by coming here. You can find my Sin'dorei Priestess on the WoW Armoury. Her name is Gelana (ex Dreanei Priestess Lady Gelana the Knight) I also have my main DK on the same realm, he is now Sin'dorei. Helroth SunBlood, a collector of rares, the Gentleman with a hidden past.

I get bored easily and usually switch between different characters, this means I will work with one personality for my Death Knight, then move to an alt and RP something totally different. One healer will be kind and gentle, full of compassion. The other will be full of faith, their self belief leading them to take lives that cannot be saved, easing the suffering with death. Both are healing, but only one is trying to extend the life of the shattered soul before them.

I enjoy realistic RP, this is the Horde, this is war. In a war you do not take a huge gash to the leg and walk around the next day. I keep it real, if my character is injured, I let it heal in real time not in game time. If I RP taking a long walk, I do not ride a flying mount to cut my time unless OOC time is a factor for the other role players involved in the storyline.

I do not RP pregnancy or having children. I do not see the point having my character out of the game for months while she grows a bump, then my follow up RP is based around a baby. I find this sort of RP boring. I enjoy action and interaction. I do RP flirting, even relationships up to a point, then I draw a line in the sand and step away. (Been there, done that, T-shirt didnt fit)

I am stubborn and like to lead things IC, I also try to be fair and do not use power e-motes. I am familiar with the "D & D" type RP dueling where you /roll on attack and defence.

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?
I am very active in g/chat. Open and bubbly, I like to make jokes and keep an open mind. I am used to the more adult type of humour and language, but im old enough to handle that type of thing. (over 30)
Sometimes I like to be alone, but I will join in if you want me for something RP related or if someone needs a bit of help. I am female IRL, clearly that is why I play male characters!
What can I bring to the community, just me, what happens next is up to all of us.

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?
I have a hectic working life and this is going to affect my play time. Often the only time I can get online is on a weekend, sometimes a night in the week or perhaps later in the evening if I am home early enough. I would call me a casual player due to IRL pressures. If I sign for an event nothing short of an emergency will prevent me making it.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?
RP will always be my number once priority, be it random encounters or full on events.

Why do you wish to join the guild?
First, I want to explore Forsaken RP.
Second, I am looking for a new home as I am considering moving my other characters away from their current realm.
Third, I was drawn in by something that happened when I whispered someone ingame on my level 1 Mag,har alt. They thought I was a gold seller and told me to get a job. The resulting conversation intrigued me so much I had to put in my application. You know who you are mate, thanks for chatting to me.

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Sarcophagus
((Note this is not a nickname, he took the name of the coffin he was raised in as he has no memory of his family.))

Title
"The"

Current Occupation:
I serve the Lich King, but soon this will end and I will kneel before my Queen, to take my place among her most feared. They will hear my name, for I am The Sarcophagus, he who brings death in the name of The Dark Lady.

40 to 50, he thinks. He is unsure as it is murky.
+10, he would be one of the newer as he is a death knight.

Race:
Undead Human, as far as he is able to remember.

Level:
55 tonight, 70 soon.

In-game Class & Spec':
Forsaken Death Knight, Blood.

IC Class:
A soldier and guardian, perhaps one day to be a leader of others in his own right.

Hair Colour:
Dark purple to black

Eye Colour:
Piercing blue like chips of cold ice.

Height:
6'0 hunched. 6'4 upright.

Deathguard as he is not a rogue.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?
The Sarcophagus understands the Horde is a means to an end but he keeps his superiority to himself. This is not a feeling for him, it is a logical conclusion. The Forsaken are superior to other races in many ways, less fragile, stronger, they have passed beyond and paid the ultimate price of loss. For him, watching these races he sees the weakness and the vulnerability, things an enemy can use to gain advantage. He would rather take a life than save it but for now he must be patient, there is time yet for these softer targets to die as a shield for the Forsaken standing waiting behind them.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?
The Sarcophagus would not have moved on them so soon, it was premature to make an attack before they had destroyed one another. Had they waited, the ranks of the Forsaken may have grown that day. Soon enough there will come a time, a time of action.
((This is being done in RP style however I feel he would know of it by word of mouth not experience due to his ooc level.))

How does your character feel about the current state of the Horde?
The Dark Lady is no fool, she has always worked for the good of her people. The Horde in comparison are weak and not suited to be the future leaders. Only one is strong enough to bring victory, only one has the power to lead them forward, there can be only one Queen.

Family:
He has very little knowledge, but logic brings him to the conclusion he had human parents.

Character History:
His mind is murky on his past, they say it will clear in time, but that is not a given.

The Sarcophagus tries to push back the veil over his mind. Some days fragments of who he was seem to float free, and he holds those precious shards of himself close. A wind pulls at his red cloak causing it to billow open, finally leaving it twisted against his leg. He was once human, strong of jaw with a peasants nose above a clean top lip. Now, his bound face still holds the echo of another time, before he was risen. He rolls his shoulders, standing to his full height for a moment.
Later he watches the tower close the gap with his air ship, bumping against the side with a scraping sound before it stops. He steps off the ship behind a goblin and her brown bear, as a troll boards for the return trip to Orgrimmar.
With quick steps he makes his way towards Undercity, a chunk of dirty bruised fruit is left unheeded on the path behind him. While waiting patiently for an Executor to grant him an interview, he reviews the situation he finds himself in at present.
His past is all but lost to him, the time spent serving the Lich King has taught him much but left him cunning, and now his uncertain future lies in the hands of one he has yet to meet. He feels nothing but patience, knowing if he fails to pass this inspection, he will find a place in the ranks of the Horde.
He is called for inspection and he answers willingly, bony toes clicking on the flagstone floor of the corridor.

Why does your character want to join the guild?
The Sarcophagus has nothing left, not even his life. By giving his blade to his Queen he can influence the events of his future, and possibly the future of the Horde. Perhaps by then the Apothecary would have found a way to bring back what he no longer has.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?
He is patient, a tireless foot soldier. He has the strength of will to lead in battle, and to plan tactics in advance. He can bring great strength, clever use of disease and the cold of the grave to his and he has discovered how to raise his own minions.

How does your character respond to authority?
He takes his orders seriously, he will obey an order given by a superior, but he is just as at ease giving them. If he has no choice he will lie, or change an order given to him. The change will be slight however, and more to the advantage of either himself or those he answers to.

TEST OF ABILITY
ii) The Forgotten Shadow is an entirely selfish belief system.

Is it selfish to want to save yourself? Your first breath is spent screaming as you are brought forth into this world, an act you did not ask for. If you were not consulted in the first instance, why do you seek someone to answer to when making your choices now? We are handed our lot in life, there is no way we can refuse it. Are we not all born to be victims of our personal fears?

We seem so self limiting, our thoughts turned towards what we once were and not what we have become, and yet this new found power, why do we not learn more about it? Is it fear that holds us from our potential, fear that we are not strong enough to strike the ultimate balance?

My body has been through fire and been stripped clean of its earthly desires, I no longer seek food and sleep, or the touch of a pretty face. Without these, what have I left to me when I feel neither joy nor pain. Can I pick a fresh rose and delight in the beauty of its perfectly formed petals?

I feel no sadness when I cleave my sword into a soft body, for I know I have the power of life or death in my hands. I am not afraid to be what I am, growing stronger with the realisation that life is not only for the living. I am Forsaken, I am already dead, you cannot take anything from me now, but I can take your entire existance away from you, if I should so choose.

Yet I do not choose this, for even I understand the balance of power, without you there would be an alliance to fill your space, so I sit back with patience knowing you keep one another in check, for now.

((This has been done between midnight and six am UK time now I am tired and will go to bed. Have fun reading everyone who sees this. Sarcs))

Back to top Go down

The Sarcophagus Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sarcophagus   The Sarcophagus I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 9:32 pm

That was...
Interesting to read, least to say.

I give you my yes. To pass on to the IC interview part you need a second yes from another officer.
As soon, as this happens, feel free to poke one of these people: Anthraxius/Arturon, Manners, Marwonaeth, Isaelle/Cherize.

Back to top Go down
Anthraxius

Anthraxius

Location : Can you see me? No? then you may be seconds from death

Character
Name: Anthraxius
Profession: Warrior
Level:
The Sarcophagus Left_bar_bleue85/85The Sarcophagus Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

The Sarcophagus Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sarcophagus   The Sarcophagus I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 10:40 pm

I'll give you my yes as well.

Contact anyone who Chloe mentioned above
Back to top Go down
Sarcophagus

The Sarcophagus Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sarcophagus   The Sarcophagus I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 10:06 am

((I appologise for not coming back sooner, I have an IRL situation at present and wish to place my application on hold while I deal with this. Again my appologies, thank you everyone and I hope to contact you ingame soon. Sarcs))
Back to top Go down

The Sarcophagus Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sarcophagus   The Sarcophagus I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 6:12 pm

Sarcophagus wrote:
((I appologise for not coming back sooner, I have an IRL situation at present and wish to place my application on hold while I deal with this. Again my appologies, thank you everyone and I hope to contact you ingame soon. Sarcs))

No worries, let us know, when you are back and running.
Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Sarcophagus Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sarcophagus   The Sarcophagus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sarcophagus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Steamspur Company :: The Spine :: The Harrowed Archive-
Jump to: