The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application - Claudine O. Moore

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lynnea

Lynnea

Character
Name: Lynnea Krause
Profession: Priest
Level:
Application - Claudine O. Moore Left_bar_bleue70/85Application - Claudine O. Moore Empty_bar_bleue  (70/85)

Application - Claudine O. Moore Empty
PostSubject: Application - Claudine O. Moore   Application - Claudine O. Moore I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 8:15 am

PLAYER INFORMATION

-How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?

I could say I've been playing for about 4 years.

-How confident would you say you are with the English language?

I feel confident especially when it comes to writing (Grades at school have always been 8-10, from 4-10.), except for the fact my English tends to be somewhat ”simple”. I keep learning new words and expressions all the time.

-What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?

I have been roleplaying on forum boards for about 5-6 years, as well as on MSN with friends. I also attend to larp and pen&paper (Dungeons and Dragons) sessions.

-What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?

To be really honest, I suck at PVE and PVP. I started playing WoW out of curiousity of the RP possibilities there, and all I ever do on WoW is mainly RP.
The most notable guilds I have belonged to would be <Grey Twilight>, <The Serpentfang Tribe>, <The Bloodsail Elite> and <Apothecarium>.

-If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?

I am a laid back person and I come along with everyone, really. I like random chattering and sharing jokes and muffins. And active RP company for the bored people.

-If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?

Daily, unless I am spending time with friends or having ran out of gametime etc. Claudine is my main, so I play on her most of the time anyway.

-If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?

To enjoy the roleplay and have fun, I suppose.

-Why do you wish to join the guild?

Because the Apothecarium has offered me the best RP around, and I miss the people there. I must admit I am not a huge loremonster, so it's been very educating aswell.

CHARACTER INFORMATION

-Name: Claudine Ophelia Moore (of the Blackaxe family)
-Title: None
-Current Occupation: Doctor

-Race: Undead human

-Level: 70

-In-game Class & Spec':
Mage / Frost
-IC Class: Mage student

-Hair Colour: Blond ochre
-Eye Colour: Gloomy yellow
-Height: 160cm // 5'3”

-Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?
Claudine would probably fit in the RAS the best, because she's a somewhat skilled chemist. After all, she studied to become a doctor of simple medical treatment and surgeries, using her herbalism and alchemy skills for that very use. She isn't really a killing machine, although she's doing good progress as a mage, so staying more in the back would be good for her. A laboratory just would be a better environment for her than a battlefield.

-How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?

In Claudine's opinion it's very sad that people instantly tend to judge the people of ”her kind”. She understands that Forsaken usually look creepy and often act more or less strangely, but would want them to be treated as an equal and handled with understanding about their situation.
She does her best to come along with every other races, but especially trolls have been giving her hard time. She finds taurens rather peaceful, but usually hard to approach, which might be because she is careful with anything bigger than herself. Orcs look like big brutes to her, and Blood elves.. well. They're beautiful, yet often arrogant.

-How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?

Claudine has only heard about the happenings of the Wrathgate, definitely did not enjoy listening to that story. A cruel weapon for a cruel use, but wasn't it a bit too much..?

-Family:
Father: Thomas Moore (dead)
Mother: Celeste Moore (dead)
Younger brothers: Bradley and Jonathan Moore (twins, dead)
Older brothers: Kelmith (not biologically related)
First partner: Bearach Blackaxe (proclaimed dead)
Current partner: Orranis Darkenveir

-Character History:

Claudine was born in Westfall, and grew up with a loving Moore family consisting of father, mother and two twin brothers about 8 years younger than her. She lived relatively long with her family, working for food in the farm every day, selling the products and goods of the farm in Stormwind and looking after her younger brothers. Claudine never got to marry, for her parents never had enough money to pay for the dowry; they couldn't even provide their children a fine education (Claudine was taught to read and write, and do some simple maths, by her parents), although Claudine had told about her dreams of becoming a battlemage. Only her undeath gave her a chance to study magics later on. Having lived a peaceful life with her family, she was taken by a disease at the age of 17, leaving her family behind.

The next thing she remembers is the crypts of Deathknell.
Life as a recently awoken forsaken wasn't too jolly for her, but she got used to it eventually; she was offered minor tasks to earn some money, and before Claudine even realized, she was living in Brill's inn, studying magics, working for the Royal Apothecarium Society and getting married with Bearach Blackaxe, giving up her former surname Moore. She had spent few years studying to become a doctor, leaving the Apothecary Socitety after major abuse by one of the members.
After trying her luck as an elven academy student nurse, she probably experienced the worst time in her unlife; she was in trouble with a bunch of cultists, madmen and people she had considered her friends. When her paranoid husband once went searching for Claudine, he was never seen after that. His tattered axe was found, and despite all the search parties arranged, Bearach was nowhere to be found and was proclaimed dead. A strong barrier of close friends kept her somewhat sane, and she has taken her time to get back on her feet, taking back her old surname.

-Why does your character want to join the guild?

To work and to return the routine in her life. Her days in the Apothecarium were very educating, and she is sure she still has alot more to learn. She has became much more ambitious aswell, and would want her detractors to see she's just as good as they are. And because Geriand told her to.

-What skill set could your character bring to the guild?
Claudine is a skilled alchemist and a simple medic, and is awfully dedicated to keeping the bookshelves in order!

-How does your character respond to authority?
There are people with authority for a reason; they keep things rolling smoothly as long as the lower ranked people work as they're told to. She's obedient and usually doesn't question the orders given.

TEST OF ABILITY

i) The Forsaken are evil. There are no good Forsaken.

Of course there are good Forsaken too. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so are evil and good too. What is wrong and what is right depends heavily on the situation, and sometimes the right option doesn't even exist, especially not in a war torn world like Azeroth.
Secondly, it's natural for most of the Forsaken to be bitter about how they are, but it doesn't necessarily make them evil. Why couldn't it work the vice versa? This is what I do when I roleplay on Claudine; she wouldn't want anyone to share the fate of the Forsaken, because she has seen what it can do to people. Shattering and going mad or otherwise cynical/cold/”evil” is just psychologically logical for one who has died and then rised as a dead fellow, but some Forsaken might see it as their new chance, and use it well and not just run around and destroy everything they see.
And what comes to the theory of ”necromantic powers making Forsaken all evil”, I have my own theory of ”unfortunate Forsaken that weren't blessed with that much of the necromantic powers”. These unfortunate ones might still have some morals left, untouched by the necromantic powers, unlike these evil forsaken. I have no idea whether it could work like this or not, but I like to think it could be that way. Besides, what would be the point of playing a completely evil character with no positive feelings? It's a pure impossibility, there can't be negative without anything positive, and I am sure no player would volunteeringly pick a character with no logical feelings at all.
So basically, I think that each Forsaken has their own way of dealing with their situation, maybe staying bitter forever of still having faith in what's waiting ahead. It's the player's free choice.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f36/12/86/72/19/gerian10.png" border="0" alt=""/>
Back to top Go down

Application - Claudine O. Moore
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Steamspur Company :: The Spine :: The Harrowed Archive-
Jump to: