The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nightdragon's Research Journal

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Nightdragon's Research Journal Empty
PostSubject: Nightdragon's Research Journal   Nightdragon's Research Journal I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:31 pm

Thick notebook of dark brown leather cover - seems to be locked with a glyph, but available for other Apothecarium members for overview.

Initials in the lower right corner on the cover, calligraphic "C.N." and "Research Journal" on the first page.

First entry. 12/07. Time: Nine of morning.

I started the work on the Sting - concoction, that would be easily applied on any sort of weapon, harmless to our kind, but lethal to any living.
The idea came to me after I saw orc kid being stung by a scorpion in Durotar. Guard, of course, killed it quickly, but the scorpion appeared to be one of a kind, that doesn't go close to the cities. It had red shell and dark brown sting - I took a chance to bring the corpse with me in the labs and study it.

Poison of this scorpion appeared to be so far the most strong poison of these creatures. I didn't have a chance to fully observe the orcish child, but I figured out, by symptoms, that poison kicked in quite fast, considering the size of the scorpion - it's absolutely small, twice smaller than my own palm.

I paid off few orcs to catch me those scorpions. Waiting for delivery.

Second entry. 14/07. Time: Two hours past noon.

With the delivery of the red scorpions, I started to test the poison on different subjects.
Human male, middlea ged. Poison of one scorpion killed him within five minutes.
Dwarf male, middle aged. Poison of one scorpion didn't do a thing. Two - killed in ten minutes.
Captured Twilight cultist, orc, adult. Three scorpions, twenty minutes.

Results of performed autopsy on all test subjects: lungs collapsed first, nervous system completely damaged, brain not reusable, heart collapsed after lungs. Overall condition - can't be used for abomination material, resurrection or reanimation.

Thinking of the ways to speed up the effect.

Third entry. 15/07. Time: One hour past midnight.

I added crushed Firebloom into the brewing scorpid stings. It did speed up the kick in effect, but not significantly. Adding Talandra's rose, known for boosting up the processes in concoctions. Will test the results by the morning.

Fourth entry. 15/07. Time: Seven in the morning.

Talandra's rose shortened the time lapse of the effect greatly, but lowered the strength of the poison. I should add more stings, or find a catalyst to keep the concentrate in it's original condition.

Fifth entry. 15/07. Time: Eight in the evening.

After a whole day of testing, I came to conclusion, that the black adder's tails are the only proper ingredient, that returns the original effects of the poison after adding Talandra's rose. Proper, as - easily obtained, doesn't have side effects.
Will test the ready concoction tommorow.

Sixth entry. 16/07. Time: Seven in the evening.

Test results are positive. Dwarven male, middle aged, died within two minutes after injection. First sample of Sting handed over to High Executor Anthraxius for field tests.
Back to top Go down

Nightdragon's Research Journal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Steamspur Company :: The Spine :: The Harrowed Archive-
Jump to: