The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Philo - Introduction

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ellisis Sharpe

Ellisis Sharpe

Character
Name: Ellisis Sharpe
Profession: Warlock
Level:
The Philo - Introduction Left_bar_bleue85/85The Philo - Introduction Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

The Philo - Introduction Empty
PostSubject: The Philo - Introduction   The Philo - Introduction I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:08 am

Name & Rank: The Philo / Philo <Name>
Example: Philo Ellisis Sharpe
Name Origin: Philosophy means the ‘love of knowledge’. However, Philo comes from the Greek word for love, and –Sophy the Greek word for Wisdom. Greek does not exist in the game, so by in character standards, the name is made from the word ‘Philosophy’.

I tried not long ago to kickstart the ‘Magi Coven’ which would be an overlapping branch system of sorts. However, it went nowhere as I gained no aid in this idea.
However, at another discussion with Viatrix I decided to re-live this department in a similar style. It will this time be a group, though you can be an Apothecary as well within it. Of course it’s possible to simply be a ‘Philo’ as well, if you do not fit to be an Apothecary, Deathstalker or Deathguard together with it.
This will be a branch for magical discussions and things to be done.

What will we do?
- Discuss magical matters.
- Research.
- Tutoring aspirants.
- Handling magical artifacts, disturbances and obstacles.
- Learn!
What will we discuss?
- The nature of Magic. Is it all the same, or seperate entities?
- Shadow Magic and Fel magic. The differences, dangers & more.
- The Races of the Horde. Who is truly more attuned?
- The Magical Sources of the Shattered Azeroth. Where must we focus?
- And many more!

(People who discussed the possible creation of this with me: Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Last edited by Ellisis Sharpe on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lykkespreder

Lykkespreder

Character
Name: Doloman
Profession: Other
Level:
The Philo - Introduction Left_bar_bleue71/85The Philo - Introduction Empty_bar_bleue  (71/85)

PostSubject: Re: The Philo - Introduction   The Philo - Introduction I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 6:25 pm

<highly approves of this - thumbs up>
Back to top Go down
Viatrix

Character
Name: Viatrix
Level:
The Philo - Introduction Left_bar_bleue80/80The Philo - Introduction Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: The Philo - Introduction   The Philo - Introduction I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 1:06 am

I like it! Although, just to clarify (because we've discussed all this as well) - the idea is that this is not 'another' department: because we can hardly manage to keep 2 out of 3 active at the moment, so adding a 4th is madness, because 3 is a wonderful number, because 3 is the 'tradition', and because the Deathstalkers/Apothecaries/Deathguard are the 3 'standard' branches of the Forsaken war machine represented in Lore. HOWEVER. What it definitely is, is a sort of 'group' which, as Elli suggested, will operate as part of the Guild and include members from all of the 3 branches (most commonly the Apothecaries, I would presume) and those who aren't in any of the 3 branches.

The very best analogy is what Geri aimed to do with the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow. He led occasional sermons, and he had a handful of clerics or devotees to the faith under him - but they were often also part of one of the 3 departments. Hope that's clear.

And, with that explained, I thoroughly approve this idea! Viatrix herself will most probably be able to contribute and I hope to see some concrete events soon (because planning is dull, and doing is fun)!
Back to top Go down
Ellisis Sharpe

Ellisis Sharpe

Character
Name: Ellisis Sharpe
Level:
The Philo - Introduction Left_bar_bleue85/85The Philo - Introduction Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

PostSubject: Re: The Philo - Introduction   The Philo - Introduction I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 8:52 am

The first meeting will be at Saturday, 20.00, Rogue's Quarter in Undercity.

Feel free to come there and say you have a notification ICly if you need a reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Philo - Introduction   The Philo - Introduction I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Philo - Introduction
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Steamspur Company :: The Spine :: The Harrowed Archive :: The Forsaken Committee-
Jump to: