The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Teo's short stories

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Teorius

Teorius

Character
Name: Jonath Zaden
Profession: Thief
Level:
Teo's short stories Left_bar_bleue80/80Teo's short stories Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

Teo's short stories Empty
PostSubject: Teo's short stories   Teo's short stories I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 2:47 am

((Hello guild! Being away I got a bit bored and decided to challenge myself. Using my Iphone's note app I have now been writing two shortstories that I will post here. Please notice that there will probably be some grammar and spelling mistakes. The stories and this text were after all done on a phone. An Iphone isn't really made for this guess. Anyway, hope you like it and see you soon!))

((First out, let us see what Teo been up to))

Arrival In Memories

High Professor Teorius Darkcast stepped of the bat as it landed in Dalaran. Noticing the diffrences the Apothecary let his magical sence scan the aura of the city. The cold air couldn't affect him anymore but he still welcomed the magically warmer air inside the floating city.

Walking down the street toward the great library Teorius smiled. This were the city where he had grown up, the place that had been his home for over ten years while he was still alive.

Battle-mage Teoren Dawlin rushed down the streets, his purple robes being in the way as he tried to get to the "University of Higher Learning" as fast as possible.

"You're late, Dawlin."

The Archmage looked at the young man, tapping a finger against the desk. The elder mage was dressed in the standard purple robes all Dalaran wizards used officially. A long staff made from silverpine tree was placed against the stained glass window behind him.

"Sorry sir! Had to get the alchemy lab back in order."

Teoren raised his arms and revealed what seemed to be a mix of burnt and acidic damage all along the sleeves. The battle-mage barely avoided smiling when the Archmage placed a hand over his face and frowned.

"One day your chemistry will lead to doom and destruction all over the place. Anyway, you got an assignment. The council need someone to deliver a package. Someone that wont be seen as sent by them."

The Archmage lifted up a warped package, placing it on the desk.

"Deliver this to Southshore. There you will meet with the apprentice of the Priest Stanley Jademoore. Once you delivered the package, return here."

Teorius Darkcast turned away from the old University, and thoughtfully continued the walk. He had not been lost in memories for very long, but still a few peered nervously at the undead that wasn't moving, after all this was Northrend.

The professor walked down the street and entered the library. He placed a list at the librarians desk. Peering on the wizard.

"Apothecary Darkcast, ex-Kirin Tor mage. I seek to borrow these books."

The librarian nodded, looked on the list, and chanted an incarnation. Several books and scripts floated down from the shelfs and formed a perfect pile. Teorius lifted the pile and nodded a thanks to the mage. The undead sat down on a chair and placed the books on the table in front of him.

Teoren Dawlin were sitting on a chair in the library. A book lied open in front of him on the table. Too focused on reading the mage did not notice that he was no longer alone.

"Teo, wake up areally!"

Teoren glared over his shoulder, and stopped a harsh comment. The young mage behind him seemed stressed and exhausted. His eyes giving away fear.

"What is it?"

The newcomer took a deep breath and started explaining.

"The undead are here! Endless hordes of them!"

Teoren frowned, returning his attention to the book.

"The anti-undead aura will deal with it. You forgot to listen to instructions again?"

The young man looked towards the door in panic before exclaiming.

"You don't get it Teo! The aura is down!"

Teoren opened his mouth and closed it again, barely able to understand what was happening. He stood up and grabbed his swords that had been lying next to the book. Without any more words the two magi left the library to meet the undead threat.

Teorius Darkcast stood up and left the books on the tables. It had been a long day traveling and reading. Teorius left the library and walked down the street to the Ledgerman's lodge. Entering he asked for his usual room, a window-free cell in the basement with a table and a coffin as only furniture.

Lying down in the coffin Teorius frowned. As he injected a sleeper into his arm he realized that he hoped the upcoming days wouldn't be so filled with memories.[left]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Teo's short stories   Teo's short stories I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 3:27 am

(( HAI TEO!!!

And write more Very Happy ))
Back to top Go down
Teorius

Teorius

Character
Level:
Teo's short stories Left_bar_bleue80/80Teo's short stories Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: Teo's short stories   Teo's short stories I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 5:22 am

((Hai Chl'!!! Also, as I mentioned I got two stories. And it is time for the second one. This story occure a few days in the future, following my troll Zajo!))

The Hunt

Zajo grinned as the flow of pain went through his body. He was still not fully recovered from the war back in the Ghostlands.

The troll waited until the pain died away and then peered out over the Barrens. He had against his sister's recommendations left echo isles the day before, even as he wasn't fully healed, and was now out in the wide wildlands torn in half by the Cataclysm. Searching for a special prey.

The howl of a hyena not too far away brought the troll out of his thoughts.  With a sigh he climbed up on the back of his raptor and grunted to signal the great beast to move. Rushing towards a group of hills.

Swiftly leaping off the raptors back, Zajo landed on the ground and started to examine the traces he had found. Nodding lightly when he was sure that it was indeed proof of his prey being near. This was however not the moment to continue the hunt. The night was on the way and he needed to find water and a place to rest before it became too dark.

Searching the area he found a small waterflow with clear, running water. Indeed a rare sight in this dusty and barren land. After filling his waterskin and letting his mount drink, the troll took out some blankets and lay down to rest, the darkness quickly covering the land.

Footsteps! Zajo opened his eyes and looked around. The sun was just rising, but that was not what had awaken him. Grabbing his axes in the move, the troll quickly got up on his feet. Following the sounds of footsteps he rushed silently towards whatever was out there.

Hiding in some high grass Zajo peered on the source of the steps. Two human scouts wearing light armor and carrying shortswords. The troll started to walk away, dealing with Alliance was after all not his job, but unluckily enough he stepped on a dry twig.

The scouts spun around, raising their swords as they walked towards the sound. When they got closer the troll raised up from the grass and aimed a strike for one of the humans. The scout in turn backed out of reach, eyeing this vile opponent.

Zajo raised his axes and peered on his enemies. The two humans had at first been unsure on what to do but after seeing the srunken heads, a few of the were from humans, they seemed to have gathered their wills and was now walking around him on opposite sides, trying to get an opening against his back.

"Shango, lend ya servant ya powah'!"

At the same time as he chanted, the aimed his axes towards one of the scouts and released streams of lightning. The scout were tossed a few feets away as the Loa's power coursed through him and ended his life.

A sound of a sword slashing was all the warning he got. Zajo threw himself forward, feeling the pain of a light cut across his back. He rolled and got up on his feet with one axe areally raised to parry the next attack from the scout. The weapons met, the sound of steel against steel echoed.

"Ogoun, tha' m'side mighteh Loa!"

The scout's eyes opened wide in shock as pain and weakness for a moment did go through him. At the time the troll noticed his enemy's reaction he smiled and jabbed his axes into the human's neck. The body fell down with the twistedly shaped axes still stuck in the flesh.

Moments later Zajo returned to his camp, carrying two human heads with him. They were to look well with the others once shrunked. But there were still something left to do before he returned home. He still had to find his prey and finish the hunt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Teo's short stories   Teo's short stories I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 8:57 pm

(( Havin' fun there?Very Happy

And nice one, again :3 I might have Mew's stories too later. Very Happy ))
Back to top Go down
Teorius

Teorius

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Teo's short stories   Teo's short stories I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 10:37 pm

((Hello again! Leaving a new story, this time following my Paladin Screlen. Next one Is about Teo, and also explain this one. Seeya!))

Silent North

Blood Knight Master Screlen Sin'Anar frowned as he looked out over the ice and snow. Getting duty in Northrend these days were about the most boring job a soldier used to conflict could find.

The knight climbed down from the tower he used as lookout post and walked towards the stables. He had been at Argent Vanguard for weeks now, and he was in need of a break. As he reached the stables he called for one of the stablehands.

"Any news from outside?"

The stablehand shaked his head.

"No sir, everything is silent."

Screlen nodded with a smile.

"Saddle my horse, and inform the boss that I will be gone for a few days."

Riding through the crystalsong woods the Sin'dorei smiled. Endless days of guard duty and staring out over the frozen wastes was something he didn't enjoy. A report he had recently got from his homelands had told him of the war in Ghostlands where several had died, even if it had ended in victory.

Galloping under the crystal trees the Blood Knight peered towards Dalaran, the floating city high up in the sky above the forest. He slowed down his horse as he came under the city and peered up towards it. He thought he saw something falling...

A dark shape hunted after a sphere that rolled through the Sewers. The object were clad with several purple crystals that were glowing brightly. On each crystal there were a symbol that someone with a knowledge in simpler runes could read as a "C".

The gestalt slowed in as the sphere rolled out over the edge of the pipe. Stopping and looking down the shape sadly followed the sphere's fall out of Dalaran city into the woods below.

Screlen Sin'anar kept his eyes on the glowing sphere as it fell down from the city. When almost at the ground the sphere stopped glowing for a moment and the flashed bright enough to blind the Blood Knight.

Darkness. Pain.

Screlen opened his eyes and slowly regained the ability to see. He was lying under a layer of derbis, barely able to see the sky through a few holes. His natural sence for magic were flipping out, the residue from the explosion still being all around him.

The knight forced the derbis aside and took a breath of clean air. Standing up he looked around and examined the damage. Several trees had fallen and local ruins had been ripped apart. His horse stood a few yards away, and by a miracle seemed unharmed.

The knight walked over to his horse. The holy shield had protected him from the main explosion, but the falling derbis seemed to have given him a few cuts and bruises. Over all he were quite lucky being alive given the damage done to trees and ruins.

Riding out from the almost perfect circle of damage. Sighing in relief as the magic in the air faded away. As he reached the ice passes to Dragonblight he stopped, frowning.

"So much for all silent."
Back to top Go down
Teorius

Teorius

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Teo's short stories   Teo's short stories I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 10:44 pm

((Given I am low on battery and unsure when I can get my phone loaded again I will leave the second story here at once. I will be back on Sunday, see you soon, guild!))

Problems

High Professor Teorius Darkcast peered down the street before entering the dark tunnels leading to Dalaran's sewers. The smell of waste had discouraged most living. In the damp light from a few torches the undead walked down the tunnel.

As he reached the point were most would turn left to enter the underground arena he took to the right. Moving To what seemed to be a solid set of bars. Without even thinking Teorius moved some bars, opening a secret door.

After entering and resealing the entrance the professor walked down a labyrinth of tunnels until he reached a huge chamber. The chamber were filled with alchemy equipment, surgery tables and even a pair of tesla coils in the roof.

Teorius smiled wickedly behind his mask. Not counting the Apothecarium and the lab in Brill, this was his best research station. He had found the chamber while still being a (living) adept in Dalaran for what felt like ages ago.

When his studies in undeath had brought him to Dalaran he had used the old chamber as an outpost for more non-theoretical work. Over time the place had changed into a lab and become much better than a standard field outpost.

Checking that the equipment were undamaged Teo smiled. This location he had never revealed to anyone. People had a tendency to panic when you revealed to them that you had a lab with lethal bioweapons hidden under a mayor city.

As he continued examining the lab he heard something and spun around. From a shelf a sphere with purple crystals fell down. This was project: C, or the "C-bomb". A magingeering construct that absorbed some minor mana from the surroundings constantly to load up. Loading it took ages but this one had a conciderable loading by now.

As the C-bomb hit the ground it started to glow in signal that it was activated. The sphere started rolling down a sewer tunnel with Darkcast chasing after it.

The Apothecary stopped as the bomb fell out of a pipe. Walking up to the edge he looked down the falling object, almost feeling sad as over a year of work were lost. Beneath him the bomb exploded into a perfect sphere of energy.

The C-bomb were diffrent from a manabomb in several ways. Firstly the C-bomb converted the mana residue into energy instead of releasing the raw mana. The conversion ment a loss of energy, something that could be seen in the smaller explosion. Secondly the residue from the C-bomb would fade away much faster and make much less of a standing imprint on the land. Thirdly were of course the loading process.

Darkcast returned to the lab chamber in a bad mood. There were not a chance that the mages would not notice an EMP (enormous magical pulse) just below their city.

Later that day Teorius returned to the surface. Walking down the street he passed a noticeboard. Scanning through the posters he found one that was interesting.

"So we are going to host the Sunstede festi- Tours in my lab?! Why were I not informed?!"

Returning to the Ledgerman's Teo muttered. Looked like he had to get ready to return home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teo's short stories   Teo's short stories I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Teo's short stories
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Steamspur Company :: The Spine :: The Harrowed Archive :: The Undercity Register-
Jump to: