The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application - Stephanos

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stephanos

Application - Stephanos Empty
PostSubject: Application - Stephanos   Application - Stephanos I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 6:14 am

Introduction

Hello, i'm an 18-year-old high-school student from Finland. I'm a musician, I sing and play the guitar almost constantly. I'm fairly confident that I can manage to spew out sentences that are overall readable and witty. I've had my training in English through mostly World of Warcraft and internet in general. Speaking of WoW I started playing at the end of Burning Crusade, just before wrath of the lich king was released.

My past experience with roleplay

Oh boy, this is my weak spot, as I happen to be one of the so-called "noobs" in the aspect of RP. I got interested in it only recently when I was playing on my previous main character, a night elven rogue on steamwheedle cartel, and one of my arena partners said "he'll be ready soon, he's roleplaying". He then introduced me to it and thus I was fascinated and captivated by the craft. I have since then been enjoying RP as a tauren warrior, draenei hunter and shaman and multiple human characters. Most if not all the lore i know is solely learned from the warcraft strategy games and WoW quests.

My past experience with WoW

Well I've never been a raider, only clearing outdated content in pugs and such, because i don't really care about that. That said, I do enjoy pvp a lot. I play arena as a rogue, planning on learning PvP as this mage too, in addition to roleplaying. I'm also a vivid explorer and I like finding silly and stupid small things like easter eggs and hidden secrets in wow. Haven't been in serious guilds, socials mostly, which didn't even focus on RP at all.

What could I bring to the OOC community

I'm a jester amongst my real life friends, and my in-game friends know me from witty remarks that do not involve chuck norris. I enjoy meeting new people and making friends or enemies. Yes, enemies, there wouldn't be any friends if you couldn't compare them to enemies, right? About in-game stuff, I know a lot. I know about almost all the classes and specs, questing, areas in the game and game mechanics. The guild i'm in on the alliance side on steamwheedle cartel, "earthshine" knows me as "wowwiki". And i'm glad to pass my knowledge to others.

playtimes

As mentioned above, i'm a high-school student so I have nothing but time in my hands. Most if not all my free time is spent playing on characters i feel like playing at those times respectfully.

priorities

I prioritize fun, meaning i tend to join in on what seems like i'd enjoy. That would most of the time be RP events. As i said, i kind of loathe pve, so i'll be doing rp more willingly than that. rated bgs are a different story, but those tend to be organized anyway and i wont apply to ones that are scheduled on top of an rp event.

why do i want to join

I prefer to play in a guild I want to be in, and not in a guild that recruited me off the streets like i'd be a homeless lump of rotting meat. That said, i'd like to join this one because i've never been into much forsaken RP apart from that which you stumble upon randomly in silvermoon city. I'm very very interested in seeing what it's all about.

Character information

Name: "Chillsteam" Stephanos the third
Title: Arcanist
Occupation: Former mage of the Kirin Tor, currently unoccupied, trying to win back the trust of his former mages to regain a place in the kingdom of dalaran.
Age: Deceased at the age of 40, 2 years have passed with him as a forsaken.
Race: undead human
Level: 84, soon 85 (edit: recently dinged 85!)
Class/Spec: Mage, RP spec = arcane, other spec varies depending on the mood.
Hair: Bald, uses conjured wigs and hoods that he changes at random.
Eyes: Dim yellow glow
Height: 6'2"

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which would my character fit in with best and why?

Stephanos, as a mage has little to no interest in facing anyone in combat. He is more of the trickster type, escaping and hiding rather than fighting. In short, he's be best suited as an apothecary.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?

Has no big quarrels with anyone as long as they can work for his own benefit. Other forsaken he acknowledges as almost "friends", while orcs and tauren he barely notices.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?

Well as he is a bit of a control-freak and the "evil scientist"-type, he tends to only act like he is against acts such as those.

How does your character feel about the current state of the Horde?

As an alchemist himself, he enjoys the company of goblins who are smarter than your average orc. He Believes Sylvanas should be the leader of the horde, since he dislikes Garroshes (spelling?) way of working. He tries not to yell it out loud, but Stephanos respects sylvanas for his idea of using the val'kyr.

family
no close family members alive, none reincarnated.

history

Stephanos was born to a wealthy noble family in dalaran and took to mage training at a very early age. He never really liked fighting, but used magic to make others happy and better the lives of those around him. He was an avid student and learned his craft fast. Sadly, during a visit to a cousin in stormwind, he was ambushed in the arathi highlands, and was killed by a sharpshooter, so he never knew what hit him.

He was later reanimated and joined the horde, although unwillingly. He learned to embrace his fate remarkably quickly and now finds it more of a convenience than a curse. Upon reanimation, and realization that there was no turning back, he decided to contact the Kirin Tor to hopefully retake his place amongst the magi there. His application was denied, giving him a reason to hold a grudge against the mages of dalaran. He is not a fighter, and thus has to silently hate the kirin tor instead of being able to act revenge. Stephanos still takes minor pleasure in creating a magical environment to others, and acts accordingly, conjuring food and portals, and creating fireworks shows to those willing to watch. This is just a way to cope with undeath, he was traumatized to a minor extent by his reanimation, and he seeks to retake his former life, although he doesn't actually know it. He thinks that he enjoys undeath more than he did life, but deep inside he is black and white. Either dead or alive.

why does stephanos want to join the guild

Since he cannot join the Kirin Tor, he strives to find a flock of like-minded individuals

What skill set could my character bring to the guild?

Stephanos is an entertainer. Although the forsaken do not have much of a lust for "fun", some might want to see what tricks Steph has up his sleeve. Stephanos is also an avid scientist, having studied with mages in dalaran. He has some minor skills in alchemy, but strives to be an engineer.

How does your character respond to authority?

Stephanos won't show it, but he dislikes to be commanded. He has that glint of an aspiring young mage in his eyes still regardless of death, and acts accordingly. He won't go out of his way to disobey orders, but might want to do them his own way. That way might involve him doing nothing at all and claiming to have tried.

Test of ability; relations between the horde and the forsaken are improving

A short version of this would be a plain and simple "no", but i'll go into a bit more detail to make an exception.

Why did the forsaken join the horde to begin with? To gain personal benefit. The benefit that the horde is able to supply them with is pretty much depleted. With the Lich King dead, the Forsaken don't really have a big adversary to deal with, apart for the alliance, which would not have a reason to assault them if they were to leave the horde. The forsaken have found a way to create more of their kind, through the Lich Kings now unemployed Val'kyr, and thus have nearly an unlimited supply of new fresh corpses to animate.

The horde doesn't really have a clue what to do with the forsaken, for they could all be traitors like putress! Putress' plan of eradicating all living and scourge alike might be lurking in every forsaken mind. With Garrosh in leadership of the horde, sylvanas has to act secretly. Garrosh disapproves of all the ways to create more forsaken, essentially rendering the forsaken unable to procreate at all. If the forsaken were to leave the horde, it could result in a conflict and an all out war, because then garrosh would have a real reason to remove the forsaken once and for all.

For now, the forsaken have to just try and appear innocent and loyal, while Sylvanas secretly creates more of them.

I'm a bit scared as to what i'll get as a response, I've never done anything of this sort and I feel like it's more of a test of my linguistic skills than my knowledge and capability to roleplay. Be gentle will you Smile

Last edited by Stephanos on Wed May 11, 2011 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application - Stephanos   Application - Stephanos I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 9:14 am

Looks good enough for me!

But since I have to power to accept/decline you, I wish you luck Smile
Back to top Go down
Stephanos

PostSubject: Re: Application - Stephanos   Application - Stephanos I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 7:02 am

there is obviously way too much disinterest in recruitment on your part, i'll find a guild that values new recruits, good luck!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application - Stephanos   Application - Stephanos I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 7:11 am

I have to apologize for slow replies from the officers. We only have two who're active at the moment and only one of them takes care of applications, so it does take time and not because we're not interested. Just a normal human factor - we all have RL to take care of first.
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Application - Stephanos Left_bar_bleue80/80Application - Stephanos Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: Application - Stephanos   Application - Stephanos I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 7:50 am

Quote :
there is obviously way too much disinterest in recruitment on your part, i'll find a guild that values new recruits, good luck!
I'm sorry but what?
It's been two days, and I haven't even had a chance to have a proper look at your application or the forums because I have something called a life. I'm not even a member of the guild officially anymore, I do this as a favour to them. Would you rather I waited until I had time to read your application or just gave it a quick skim and said no? I think we both know the answer to that and I'm sorry my private life is so intense I can't find the time to read and evaluate your application.

If you have a problem with someone who does it in his spare time for no benefit to himself, then you need to sort your own priorities out, not the guilds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application - Stephanos   Application - Stephanos I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 5:51 pm

There, there, Geri, it's all alright. *soothe*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application - Stephanos   Application - Stephanos I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application - Stephanos
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Steamspur Company :: The Spine :: The Harrowed Archive-
Jump to: