The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Feasibility.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Molric

Character
Name: Molric
Profession: Hunter
Level:
Feasibility. Left_bar_bleue70/0Feasibility. Empty_bar_bleue  (70/0)

Feasibility. Empty
PostSubject: Feasibility.   Feasibility. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 6:50 am

So something I've noticed at events lately is that quite a lot of emotes are just getting silly. Combat emotes specifically. Tonight's event highlighted it for me a lot , and it's something I think there needs to be some rules enforced about. Like...how is a cookie or a lobster going to do damage to an undead behemoth? that's just silly. Hardly the image that should be given off by a wielder of necrotic magic and apothecaries powers? Even if he is insane. Or a Rhino charging through the wall and appearing from nowhere? Rhino's are big , and unlikely to be waiting around in the woods or able to break through a wall of Lordaeron. Again these are both examples from tonight. If I pay attention at past or future events I could probably find just as many ridiculous examples. I really enjoy all the events ,but a little more realism would be nice. It kind of ruins the Roleplay for me and takes away it's seriousness when a corpse is lobbing magical cookies as weapons. So as something to think about , some feasibility rules and guidelines for combat emotes would be really nice , and improve RP in my opinion greatly.
Back to top Go down
Josephus

Josephus

Feasibility. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feasibility.   Feasibility. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 5:47 pm

100% agreed.

A bit of sillyness can lighten the mood but most of the time it's done so much and so extreme..
It really breaks immersion for me, I'm trying to imagine the feeling of fear against this unknown entity and right next to me people are acting goofy and making jokes..
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Feasibility. Left_bar_bleue80/80Feasibility. Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

Feasibility. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feasibility.   Feasibility. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 6:51 pm

Molric wrote:
Like...how is a cookie or a lobster going to do damage to an undead behemoth? that's just silly. Hardly the image that should be given off by a wielder of necrotic magic and apothecaries powers? Even if he is insane. Or a Rhino charging through the wall and appearing from nowhere? Rhino's are big , and unlikely to be waiting around in the woods or able to break through a wall of Lordaeron. Again these are both examples from tonight. If I pay attention at past or future events I could probably find just as many ridiculous examples. I really enjoy all the events ,but a little more realism would be nice. It kind of ruins the Roleplay for me and takes away it's seriousness when a corpse is lobbing magical cookies as weapons. So as something to think about , some feasibility rules and guidelines for combat emotes would be really nice , and improve RP in my opinion greatly.

This shouldn't be happening. When stuff like this happens, the officers/event host needs to put their foot down and say no. It's far easier to be funny and creative with silly emotes but if you make the effort to keep them within some feasible boundaries of the lore it makes them all the better.
Back to top Go down

Feasibility. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feasibility.   Feasibility. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 8:36 pm

Yes, and yes, and yes.

I am quite open minded person and sometimes do silly things too, just because I can and want to, but so far they kept being quite realistic. By no means I think throwing a needle at the stone golem is going to harm him somehow magically.

Lately I started feeling the same disappointment - can't take things seriously for most of the time, when things like that happen. Yesterday, sadly, I felt absolute rage. :/

Yet, I have to agree with Geri here - it's up for the event host to prevent things happening. So I suppose, we should call out for the event hosts - look at whatever people write, keep it clean.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Feasibility. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feasibility.   Feasibility. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feasibility.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Steamspur Company :: The Spine :: The Harrowed Archive :: The Forsaken Committee-
Jump to: