The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grakul, Bringer of doom and destruction!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Martin

Grakul, Bringer of doom and destruction! Empty
PostSubject: Grakul, Bringer of doom and destruction!   Grakul, Bringer of doom and destruction! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 5:05 am

PLAYER INFORMATION
How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?
about 3,5 years now. with a break here and there. My name is Martin and i live in Sweden. I'm 21 years old now and i work at a gym here. When i don't work i hang out with friends and / or play computer.
How confident would you say you are with the English language?
quite confident. I'm from Sweden and we study English as a main subject in school. I'm not perfect but i'm not bad either.

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?
about a half year now. I been RP;ing in WoW only.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?
everything, i been playing for 3,5 years, since vanilla and have been trying eveything there is to try now. I find PvP and PvE boring, therefore i try to RP more.
If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?

A fun personality and a good friend. I hope to be able to find friends and people to hang out with and have fun. I'm also dedicated to the guild and it's interests.

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?
Depends on worktimes, sometimes i work late, sometimes i'm home at 13.00.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?
Having fun, with the guild. When i'm online i usually RP and try to find RP.

Why do you wish to join the guild?
I want to join a good horde RP guild that focuses around undead RP / story. I'm a bit tired of the usual alliance rp in other words.

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Grakul
Title:
Current Occupation:

Race: Undead Human
Level: 80

In-game Class & Spec':
Warlock, Destruction.

Hair Colour: Bald.
Eye Colour:Yellow, glowing.
Height: 1,79m

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why? The Royal Apothecary Society. He is himself a alchemist and thinks it's a quick way to learn more about fel magic and gain new power. He also loves to use potions and poisons as weapons, spilling some one a enemy drink only to watch him die in agony. He is not so much a warrior either, even if he is a quite capable fighter. The problem is that he is just way to clumsy.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?
He see the horde as "temporary puppets" that the forsaken can use to achieve greater things. He greets them with a fake smile, befriends them so that he may later use them. After all, they too will be scourged from the world and join the forsaken!

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?
He thinks it's a good demonstration of the forsaken superiority and the powers of alchemy! However his loyalty is with the queen!

Family:
Grakul had a Wife and two children when he was alive. He have now forgotten their names and only wear the memories of their faces and voices.
Character History:
Grakul was once a human mage named Lothedric Goodman, he lived in Lordaeron with his wife and family. Much like Kel'thuzhad, Lothedric was fascinated by the dark arts or magic. He, however, studied fel magic. While the fel magic slowly started to corrupt him he managed to hide it from the mages of Dalaran
whom he worked with. Then came the plague! After seeing village after village fall victim he tried to warn his family, but he did not manage to warn them in time. In a desperate attempt to save them he left his post, deserting the defenders of lordaeron in hope to save himself and his family. When He arrived home He was too late! they had been slain by a band of death knights. Mad with rage Lothedric charged them and even managed to kill one of them before he was caught. The death knights, who saw Lothedric use fel magic to slay their comrade, brought him to a scourge commander. There he struck a deal to serve the scourge in death. In return his family would be resurrected and set free. He gladly took this offer, not knowing that the scourge lied to him. As he was slain and turned in to a undead he also lost his mind, thus not even knowing anything about his old family!

Later when the lich king lost power over a few of his undead, including Sylvanas and other forsaken, Lothedric regained his consciousness. Now knowing what had happen to his family he was devastated and driven mad by rage. He gave up the name Lothedric and renamed himself Grakul, he then started to develop more in to fel magic. Now, Driven mad by anger and guilt he only seek power. Power and revenge!

He thinks himself to be all powerful, while he is not. Instead he is rather clumsy and is more likely to misfire a spell by accident or trip on his boots.

Why does your character want to join the guild?
He wants to finish his training as a alchemist, he is also a forsaken loyalist, hoping to be able to wipe out the living one day and gain power for himself. Because he is a bit clumsy and might seem like a failure, he dreams of showing the people that look down on him his true power.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?
As an alchemist I'm focusing on potions and poisons, He is trying to furfill his skills in alchemy. While not yet a true master, he is still a good alchemist, capable of mixing may odd and slightly disgusting potions.

How does your character respond to authority?
He respects superiors, even if he might have a bad way of showing it. However, he have always wanted power for himself and would not hesitate to do anything that would grant him the power. If he could dispose of a higher ranked member, and climb in rank, he would do it!

TEST OF ABILITY

This test is designed to evaluate your use of the English language, your commitment to joining and your ability to present a reasoned and clear argument, it is NOT a test of raw knowledge.

i) The Forsaken are evil. There are no good Forsaken.
No, there are good forsaken. Many of them lost the ability to love and enjoy the good things in life after they died and woke up as forsaken. The plague of undeath simply made them hateful (well not the plague itself, but the outcome of the plague)
ii) The Forgotten Shadow is an entirely selfish belief system.
The forgotten Shadow teaches about Respect and Power as two of it's virtues. Most Forsaken only show this to other forsaken, but this shows that the religion is not a entirely selfish cult.
iii) Relations between the Horde and the Forsaken are improving.
The answer to the question i'm not too sure with, but my guess would be no. After the attack at the wrathgate the horde should be a bit angered. Even if this was not the doing of the queen.
iv) The Royal Apothecary Society is the most powerful of the Forsaken organisations.
I don't know if it's the most powerful organisation, but It should be powerful. It's a rather big organisation and it's being lead by the queen.
v) Grand Apothecary Putress should be considered a traitor to the cause.
He allied with the traitor dreadlord who tried to summon forth the burning legion in to the world once more!
vi) With the Lich King dead, the Forsaken lack a purpose.
Not really, we still have the living left, we will not stop until they are turned or dead!
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Grakul, Bringer of doom and destruction! Left_bar_bleue80/80Grakul, Bringer of doom and destruction! Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

Grakul, Bringer of doom and destruction! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grakul, Bringer of doom and destruction!   Grakul, Bringer of doom and destruction! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 5:14 am

Go and reread the Application Template and read G.R.E.A.T.
Your writing is sloppy, your grammar poor and several of your responses seem as if you haven't put any effort in at all.
Let us not forget you haven't asnswered the Test of Ability correctly and even with your attempts there is substantial evidence of a lack of grammar and application.

Once those have been done try again.
I will leave your application here until you are able to copy and paste it elsewhere to edit.

REJECTED
Back to top Go down

Grakul, Bringer of doom and destruction!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Steamspur Company :: The Spine :: The Harrowed Archive-
Jump to: