The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Meet Molrics Menagerie.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Molric

Character
Name: Molric
Profession: Hunter
Level:
Meet Molrics Menagerie. Left_bar_bleue70/0Meet Molrics Menagerie. Empty_bar_bleue  (70/0)

Meet Molrics Menagerie. Empty
PostSubject: Meet Molrics Menagerie.   Meet Molrics Menagerie. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 7:03 am

Swamps. Molric detested swamps. The moisture made the pallid flesh of his hands and face swell up , becoming puffy. Hoisting himself to his feet , he kicked idly at the dying embers of the fire and whistled sharply. After about a minute , a shaggy gray wolf padded out from behind the tree's , covered in mud , with his tongue lolling happily. Rendall loved swamps. "So there you are? Those toads wont do you any good you know , and you'll stink something awful when we get out of this place into somewhere hot". Rendall whined apologetically , but his tail gave him away , wagging happily behind his bag. Grumbling , Molric patted the wolf on it's head."Come on then...we've more bloody raptors to track down". Casting his eyes to the sky , molric peered through the haze uncertainly. He thought he could see the dark dot of his hawk circling above , but through the gloom could not be sure. Shrugging he set off into the swamp , throwing spear in hand.

Several hours later , a small pack containing the severed claws of a dozen raptors with which to collect the bounty , and with blood spattered across his face and murky green-brown leathers , Rendall began to growl , low and threatening. Molric knew that growl , and drew his bow cautiously. "What is it Ren? What's out there?". The wolf padded silently away , Mol following at a creep. After a moment the source of the wolf's growl had become clear. Lying on the bank of a small fetid pond , the fresh corpse of an orc lay , eyes glazed over and a gaping hole in his chest. Kneeling ,Molric put a finger to the wound , and tasted the blood. Warm and fresh. And that wound was beyond the capabilities of anything in this swamp. For one , Molric knew of few creatures who could bite through chainmail. Before he'd finished standing , Rendall barked a warning. Too late. Several hundred pounds of heavily armoured dwarf barreled into him , knocking him to the ground. Molrics head cracked sharply against the ground and the world span. A mailed fist caught Rendall mid leap , sending the wolf crashing into the ground with a howl of pain. Had Vanghil been with him , Molric thought as he cast about for his bow , this surely would not have happened. Spotting the bow , the dwarf stamped down on it hard , snapping it in two. Well...now he was fucked. The Dwarf garbled something in his native tongue , and hefted his axe above his head , preparing to cleave molric in half. Before the axe could fall however , a sharp screech penetrated the air and a dark blur snatched the weapon from the dwarfs hands , unbalancing him. The Dwarf toppled backwards and the axe fell into the pond , lost in it's murky depths. Heavily armoured , the dwarf wriggled on his back to get up. Molric however was quicker. Jumping to his feet he kicked the dwarf in the face as he sat up and placed a boot on his chest. Taking no chances he pulled a knife out of his boot , and plunged into the exposed throat. As the hot blood sprayed out , he licked his lips. The Hawk , his saviour , flapped to Molric's shoulder and hopped down onto his arm. Patting the bird's head he nodded slightly. "Thank you Irik...you can eat now". Irik hopped onto the dwarf's chest and pecked at his eyeballs savagely. Rendall was on his feet , licking the wound around his muzzle. He'd be fine. Molric looked at the two halves of his bow , "Spear hunting it is then...". That dwarf would'nt have been alone , and without the element of surprise , they could be tracked and hunted through this swamp with ease. It was his territory. These dwarfs did not belong here , and he and his animal companions would see to it they did not remain here. He drew a tiny bone whistle from his pocket and blew it. it made no sound to the ears of most , but for the miles around it screamed an irrestistible call. Within ten minutes , the various companions of molric were assembled. Met on various journeys , often saved from the brink of death , the creatures surrounding Mol were fiercely loyal and bloodthirsty. A light green panther , who blended into the swamps and forests like a ghost. Viri. A lean bear , who had saved Mol from the assault of an angry earth elemental..Serisa. The black hawk , Irik , who Mol had nursed from the cusp of death. Torri , a wise white owl with a purple sheen. The spine had given Mol a home , but these companions were truly his family. No words were necessary. As one Mol and his animals moved out into the fog , near silently. The Hunt was on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meet Molrics Menagerie.   Meet Molrics Menagerie. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 10:31 pm

(( Lovely... But can I ask you to add some more paragraphs next time you'll write something? Break the text in more parts, it's easier to read then Very Happy ))
Back to top Go down
Molric

Character
Name: Molric
Profession: Hunter
Level:
Meet Molrics Menagerie. Left_bar_bleue70/0Meet Molrics Menagerie. Empty_bar_bleue  (70/0)

PostSubject: Re: Meet Molrics Menagerie.   Meet Molrics Menagerie. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 5:47 am

You sound like my english teacher! Paragraphs are for the weak ;p
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meet Molrics Menagerie.   Meet Molrics Menagerie. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:50 pm

((

Nuh, they just give a feeling of "eh, it's not a wall of text, I'll read it then" Razz

))
Back to top Go down
Spinemaw

Spinemaw

PostSubject: Re: Meet Molrics Menagerie.   Meet Molrics Menagerie. I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 2:25 pm

((Khuelas likes this, is inspired to write something ^^))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet Molrics Menagerie.   Meet Molrics Menagerie. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meet Molrics Menagerie.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Steamspur Company :: The Spine :: The Harrowed Archive :: The Undercity Register-
Jump to: