The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reuben "Luggage" Thorsen's Applications

Go down 
+2
Marcelle
Luggage
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Luggage

Reuben "Luggage" Thorsen's Applications Empty
PostSubject: Reuben "Luggage" Thorsen's Applications   Reuben "Luggage" Thorsen's Applications I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 8:29 am

PLAYER INFORMATION
How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?
I have been playing since July 2005 on Draenor EU (PVE).
I have been an active roleplayer on The Sha’Tar EU from roughly July 2010.

How confident would you say you are with the English language?
I am a teacher and as such while marking or writing assignments I am correcting various spelling and grammar issues across both work created by students and also written work from my colleagues.

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?
I began roleplaying in July 2010, on The Sha’Tar within small and large guilds, however beforehand I had very little experience of roleplaying.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?
I have always been interested in the Warcraft Universe after playing Warcraft III, and really only bought World of Warcraft to follow the lore of the game and find out the eventual fate of Maiev Shadowsong and the twisted Lich King.

During ‘Vanilla’ I was a complete moron (as WoW was my first MMORPG, my only other MMO experience was within Sony’s Planetside (MMOFPS)) until I was taken in by a large guild and trained to play my Paladin properly. Up until this point I was milling around at level 60 trying to DPS as a Holy Paladin wearing gear “of the Bear”. I was taught how to Heal effectively, and months into raiding Molten Core and Blackwing Lair, I was made a class leader and put in charge of 10 paladins, which I enjoyed doing greatly. Soon after I was asked to lead the ‘lesser’ raids into Zul’Gurub and Ahn’Qiraj (20) which were very successful also. Shortly after this great time in my WoW ‘career’ (if you’ll excuse the phrase) my guild leader decided to jump ship and drag our hard earned guild bank with him, which kind of killed my passion for the endgame I had enjoyed famously, and since I have not been a big fan of raiding.

During my time in ‘The Burning Crusade’ I began to PVP and very quickly gained the Merciless Gladiator’s set, however healing once more began to grate and inevitably the game began to lose its appeal. After the PVP I decided a change was necessary and promptly began to play Horde on Vashj enjoying a little Forsaken Warrior based almost entirely on the way that he moved and was animated.

Upon the launch of ‘Wrath of the Lich King’ a few friends and I decided we were going to form an Alliance progression raiding guild on Draenor EU, where as in fact what we did was blackmail a lot of friends to forsake their social lives, form a huge guild and roll hundreds of Alts not progressing through content, but having a really good time playing the game. During this time I managed to get six max level characters, who were all geared out in the highest tier of gear readily available (T9 in most cases, T10 in two cases) and after I had tired of the PvE grind I changed my mind once more and turned my back on the Alliance, returning to my favourite little Forsaken and switching him to the Sha’Tar after listening to podcasts about the fine art of roleplaying, which I began to enjoy immensely.

I joined a guild named Agrammar and made many friends, however this was fairly short lived as those friends decided to break off from Agrammar and become a self sufficient guild in their own right, and appointed me as an officer, the guild had relative success early in it’s lifespan and I began to keep a blog of our exploits (which can be found here!). The guild has since disbanded due to the Cataclysm being a little bit of a let-down, and I have been away from the game for nearly two months, however I have now returned and am looking for a new challenge...

...that’s where you guys come in!

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?
Having played the game for the length of time that I have I am fairly knowledgeable about the mechanics, lore, quest lines and tactics. In my personal life I am a lecturer and so am quite good at talking to people and helping them tackle whichever obstacles beset them, not to mention that I have overseen a successful Foundation Degree in Games Design and Development which has lead to teaching many units around the topic of World of Warcraft such as; Emotion Engineering and Designing and Evaluating Video Game Interfaces.

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?
I will be online most nights of the week, currently my schedule allows for play at weekends and most nights after 9pm.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?
Luggage is my main character, and as such The Spine’s priorities will become my own priorities, the only thing which will hinder my attendance when the guild requires would be work commitments.

Why do you wish to join the guild?
I used to bump into Geriand all over Azeroth back before the Cataclysm, and in my nine(ish) months roleplaying I have always enjoyed the event a little more if it had Spine members in attendance. The Spine also has within it’s ranks a good friend of mine.

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Reuben “Luggage” Thorsen
Title:Argent Crusader
Current Occupation:Mercenary
Age:23 at time of death, 4 years were spent beneath Deathknell, just over a year walking.
Race: Undead Human.
Level: (At time of writing) 83
In-game Class & Spec': Fury Warrior
IC Class: Fury/Protection Warrior
Hair Colour: Blue(ish)
Eye Colour: Blue (pre-death), Glowing now.
Height: 6’2”

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?
Luggage would probably fit in best with the Deathguard (very possibly the Deathstalkers minus the Varimathras stuff) as he is strong, cunning, and will follow orders without question (in most circumstances). However the young Forsaken would probably work well within the Apothecary Society as he has kept a diary during his undeath, and loves to study and research.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?
Luggage is a very calm and jovial character by nature, he has come to embrace his undeath and for a long period of time lived with Trolls and Orcs. His closest friend is a Blood Elf the only Horde race he can be fairly standoffish with are the Goblins who he does not trust as yet.

The only issue Luggage has with the Horde is their insistence of a war with the Humans, a race which he still feels can be swayed to accept the Horde, however other Alliance races he has no qualms about attacking.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?
Putress was insane and his attack abominable.

Family:
Luggage’s parents were farmer in Westfall before moving to the Park in Stormwind and were slain by Deathwing in the chaos of the Cataclysm. His brother lives as a Paladin trainer stationed at Northshire Abbey.

Character History:
Reuben Thorsen was born and raised in the Westfall by his Light devoted parents. His older brother had already, like the rest of the gifted children been sent to Northshire Abbey in order to begin practising in the ways of the Light and quickly became a Paladin of Stormwind.

Upon Thorsen’s eighth Birthday he too was sent off to Northshire Abbey, and began his own training, however his connection with the Light was all too weak to be trained and within a year was sent back to the Westfall a failure. When hearing the news that his son brought Thorsen’s father disowned him, and hired him only as a stable boy to tend to the animals on the farm, his Mother did her best to plead with his Father but he was not to be swayed, and Thorsen lived out the next five years as a Farmhand.

Five years from then, a visitor arrived on the farm, it was Reuben’s Uncle Maarten (Reuben’s Father’s Brother, a local militiaman who went on to become a rebel on the Darkshire/Stranglethorn border) who decided that Reuben’s fate had not yet been sealed and that HE would train the whelp to be proficient in other ways. Maarten helped Reuben run away, and spent two-years in the forests of Stranglethorn training Reuben in all known weaponry and combat tactics along with basic reading and writing skills, he then dropped young Thorsen off at Northshire Abbey and left.

The brothers of the Abbey claimed Reuben was too old to be trained in the ways of the Light and once more asked the now Sixteen year old Thorsen to leave the Abbey, but Reuben was much stronger willed than that and asked that he be allowed to prove himself and that he would do ANY job required. The brothers of the abbey were swayed by Thorsen’s older brother who was staying nearby and Reuben was allowed to stay in the Abbey under the proviso that he kept out of trouble, only watched sessions from afar and did ANY job asked of him by the trainees and brothers alike.

Many years passed until one day a Paladin who only described himself as Frederik arrived to conduct training at the abbey. Frederik was apparently a hero of the Human Alliance, and took a shining to Thorsen. He involved Thorsen in the training of the advanced recruits and used the former Farmhand as a sparring partner for the trainees.

It was during this time that Reuben gained the nickname ‘Luggage’ as the other recruits looked down on the older, seemingly more moronic, Light abandoned, Twenty-something, and claimed that all he was good for was ‘Lugging’ boxes around the abbey and onto carts.
Luggage sparred against all of the advanced trainees in Frederiks classes and came out on top in weapon’s based combat almost 100% of the time, however when the trainee Paladins and Priests were allowed to wield the Light as a weapon, Thorsen succumbed to defeat after defeat. He did not however give up hope of victory in any of his sparring sessions, which increased Frederik’s interest in Thorsen saying that he had; “Great Pride in his own ability” and that he was “Always on the lookout for weaknesses” as his blue eyes tracked his opponents faster than Frederik had ever seen previously.

The training was however cut short as news was beginning to spread of a disaster in the North, and Frederik was to lead one of the many expeditionary forces to discover the cause and hopefully a solution to this new trouble. He was able to select his six best trainees to accompany him on his journey and upon picking five Paladins and Priests he then selected Thorsen as his Sixth. This came as a great shock to the Abbey and a great insult to the trainees who had been left behind, but Thorsen: The Farmhand from Westfall was finally following in his brother’s footsteps and his path to redemption was close at hand!

The journey to Tirisfal took many weeks, and in this time he sparred regularly with Frederik and the others proving himself better and better at tackling those blessed with the gift of the Light actually managing to overpower the weakest members of the team. Frederik liked what he saw and as the group entered the Hillsbrad Foothills and stayed in the port of Southshore he gifted Throsen with something quite special, the longsword he was given by his own trainer, a Khorium Champion (which Luggage still uses to this day). Frederik had no use for the blade as he had been granted a powerful Mace by King Wrynn as a reward for his plight in the many conflicts he had seen.

Upon reaching Pyrewood village, the merry band were given loaves and food by the locals claiming they were ‘freshly baked’ with their finest grain, to which the team gorged themselves and set up camp for the night.

Later that night some odd occurrences happened, most of the group became gravely ill and suffered severe cramps and vomiting. Thorsen and Frederik were no exception, and they too grew more and more ill, and tired until they saw something the two of them would never forget.

One of the weaker trainees collapsed and while another trainee tried to resuscitate, the fallen one leapt up and attacked the other trainees, mindlessly causing terror. Frederik ran to the trainee and tackled them to the floor, unfortunately breaking the trainee almost in twain and severing it’s spinal column, killing it (once more) instantly. As Frederik reeled back he bent double in pain and collapsed to the floor as did the others leaving Thorsen terrified and clutching at his new sword.

One by one the trainees rose from their collapsed state and turned, some toward the village others, glaring at Thorsen. The charged his and Thorsen pleaded for them to desist until they got so close that the poor boy had to defend himself killing the first trainee instantly by severing it’s head. Thorsen burst into tears at seeing what he had done, but knew he had acted in self defence and unfortunately two more trainee’s had died by his hand as the melee started to disperse, Luggage sat cradled in his own arms crying loudly at the devastation in his wake until a strange noise and motion stopped him... It was Frederik, his eyes hollow, slavering, intent on Thorsen’s demise.

Reuben pleaded as he dodged blows from his idol, pleaded and cried for Frederik to come to his senses, alas is was not to be so once more Thorsen called upon his sword to fight the Paladin before him. They exchanged blows, the sword holding up the Mace well, Frederik had obviously not lost any of his ability to fight in his transformed state, until Luggage landed a blow on Frederik’s stomach slicing open his torso and spilling his insides out... Frederik didn’t flinch and quickly slammed the Mace into Thorsen knocking him several meters towards a tree, and his sword in the opposite direction, Thorsen was crippled and now in severe pain, and his final breath was drawn as he saw Frederik approcach him and slam the Mace into his right shoulder blade so hard is detached his right arm and killed him outright.

Four years pass, and Luggage is awoken in Deathknell reborn... Forsaken.

Why does your character want to join the guild?
Luggage has been around members of the Spine before, agrees with their methods and has built a friendship up with a number of it’s members, he looks to open a new chapter in his life to prove himself useful in his undeath.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?
Thorsen is a witty, eloquent, robust character, who lives(ish) for knowledge and writing about his travels, he is also an accomplished Warrior and master of weaponry and combat tactics.

How does your character respond to authority?
Luggage was brought up by an authoritarian; he will follow orders to the letter. (unless as before mentioned they involve murdering humans mercilessly).

TEST OF ABILITY
Grand Apothecary Putress should be considered a traitor to the cause due to his role in the damaging of the Forsaken’s reputation not only with the Horde but with all the races of Azeroth.

Putress went behind his Queen’s back to wreak havoc on a combined Horde force, using a weapon that has been outlawed throughout the war. Disrespecting the Dark Lady is only one facet of the betrayal, I also believe that Putress betrayed his people in a way that he will never know (as he was beheaded by Wrynn) as he further instilled a fear of the Forsaken into the other factions within the Horde, a fear which is epitomised by the new Warchief; Garrosh Hellscream.

The Forsaken has until that point been well involved in the invasion of Northrend, and had formed bonds with their fellow Hordelings along with mutual respect with the Alliance Factions when acting under the Argent Crusade. This trust too was severely damaged by the actions of Putress , and broke bonds which ran so deep and took such time to nurture.
The actions of Putress also culminated in the death of two major heroes of the warring Horde and Alliance, firstly Highlord Bolvar Fordragon leader of the Alliance forces in Northrend which has scarred the Alliance and their people for eternity and secondly a valiant war hero of the Horde Saurfang the Younger, leaving a gaping hole in the Horde not to mention nearly destroying one of the Horde’s fiercest warriors; Overlord Saurfang himself.

Putress’ treachery should not however all be pinned on the Grand Apothecary, we should also look to the Villain Varimathras who worked tirelessly on breaking his spirit, Varimathras should never have been trusted even by the Dark Lady after his allegiance to the Burning Legion. The attack also brought out many other skeletons from various closets, crucially Lady Sylvannas’ borderline insanity, after the Dark Lady had seen the effects of the Plague, she created a group to continue research on the vile tincture to use as a weapon not of the Horde but of the Forsaken.

If there is anything good to be said about this attack it is only that Putress proved that the Forsaken are not to be overlooked when it comes to the future of Azeroth, our strength lies not in numbers but perhaps in our unending thirst for knowledge and our ability to surprise at every turn.

Reuben "Luggage" Thorsen's Applications Gerian10

Thanks For Reading.

- Luggs
Back to top Go down
Marcelle

Marcelle

PostSubject: Re: Reuben "Luggage" Thorsen's Applications   Reuben "Luggage" Thorsen's Applications I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 8:35 am

*Shifty eyes*
Well, well, well... Look who waddled into the dark side Wink
You best get in or I'll whip you repetedly with murloc fin .. whippy things!
PSSST. Don't make me hunt you down, IKNOWWHEREYOULIVEEEE~

Quote :
The Spine also has within it’s ranks a good friend of mine. -Who is called Marcelle and is amazing, and awesome, and epic.. and stuffs! You should all bow to her amazingness!

Fix'd.

/FLEX.
Back to top Go down
Anthraxius

Anthraxius

Location : Can you see me? No? then you may be seconds from death

Character
Name: Anthraxius
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Reuben "Luggage" Thorsen's Applications Left_bar_bleue85/85Reuben "Luggage" Thorsen's Applications Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

PostSubject: Re: Reuben "Luggage" Thorsen's Applications   Reuben "Luggage" Thorsen's Applications I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 8:44 am

ACCEPT HIM
Back to top Go down
Marcelle

Marcelle

PostSubject: Re: Reuben "Luggage" Thorsen's Applications   Reuben "Luggage" Thorsen's Applications I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 8:48 am

*Makes Anth's letters bigger and more bold..*
Back to top Go down
Torgy

Torgy

Character
Name: Donovan J. LaFleur
Profession: Rogue
Level:
Reuben "Luggage" Thorsen's Applications Left_bar_bleue80/80Reuben "Luggage" Thorsen's Applications Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: Reuben "Luggage" Thorsen's Applications   Reuben "Luggage" Thorsen's Applications I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 8:49 am

Oh crap, it's that luggagy.. luggy lug lug? ..type of person? You should.. totally make a new song about me. That would be rather.. delightful. Reuben "Luggage" Thorsen's Applications 704219
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Reuben "Luggage" Thorsen's Applications Left_bar_bleue80/80Reuben "Luggage" Thorsen's Applications Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: Reuben "Luggage" Thorsen's Applications   Reuben "Luggage" Thorsen's Applications I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 9:24 am

I will accept this application because I can!
Contact Marwonaeth, Manners or Cage in game for your interview and stuffs.
Back to top Go down
Luggage

PostSubject: Re: Reuben "Luggage" Thorsen's Applications   Reuben "Luggage" Thorsen's Applications I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 9:46 am

Geriand, you are a star buddy!
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Name: Nathan Black
Profession: Warlock
Level:
Reuben "Luggage" Thorsen's Applications Left_bar_bleue85/85Reuben "Luggage" Thorsen's Applications Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

PostSubject: Re: Reuben "Luggage" Thorsen's Applications   Reuben "Luggage" Thorsen's Applications I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 9:50 am

A pleasure to read. This definitely deserves my stamp of approval. Contact me in-game for an IC interview!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reuben "Luggage" Thorsen's Applications   Reuben "Luggage" Thorsen's Applications I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reuben "Luggage" Thorsen's Applications
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Steamspur Company :: The Spine :: The Harrowed Archive-
Jump to: