The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Shadows beckon.

Go down 
4 posters

Is the rolling system here good?
Yes
The Shadows beckon. I_vote_lcap45%The Shadows beckon. I_vote_rcap
 45% [ 5 ]
No
The Shadows beckon. I_vote_lcap9%The Shadows beckon. I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Don't know
The Shadows beckon. I_vote_lcap0%The Shadows beckon. I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Need to see it first
The Shadows beckon. I_vote_lcap18%The Shadows beckon. I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Sounds too complicated
The Shadows beckon. I_vote_lcap27%The Shadows beckon. I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Bearach Blackaxe

Bearach Blackaxe

The Shadows beckon. Empty
PostSubject: The Shadows beckon.   The Shadows beckon. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 9:46 pm

I will be hosting a short series of events for those interested in learning more about the the ways of the Forgotten shadow.

The first few events will be centered around how the Cult of Forgotten Shadow's views are towards other relgious groups, such as the followers of the Light or the Druids of Moonglade.

The second step of events will be focussed more around self discovery and will include services in places devoted to the shadow around the world.

And the third, perhaps the last of events will be focussed entirely on the struggle between life and death, or Shadow and Life.

All of these events will be hosted in a RP-PvE viewpoint and will be treated as such by it's contendors, so no random ganking of lowbie alliance while we work, kkty?

Now you're probably dieing to know what the rules will be? Thought so.

Well to overly simplify it, combat is not trivial in these events.

That's why I'l be using a different PvE rolling system then you might be used to - A more difficult one.

Encounters in World of Warcraft's RP are, in our case, sped up drasticly by the fact that people over generally oneshot everything...
That will not be the case in this event chain,
You will be facing off against the elite, the faithful, or the ascended of the other factions' religion. so trivializing it will not work out very well.

For this reason I am adding a ''difficulty scale'' on RPer vs NPC. It's not too long of a scale so don't worry.

All rolls will be done BEFORE the emotes, to avoid unneeded spam.

• Easy - Think Sentinels or Scouts, men at arms or Cult fanatics

1-24 = your character gets wounded
    25-49 = your character fumbles, for some reason.
    50-74 = your character kills the meaningless creature with a flick of his oh so powerful wrist, or manages to do what he was supposed to.
    75-100 = your character does whatever you want with the task at hand. (A crit)

• Normal - Think yourself in front of you

1 = your character is incapacitated for the remainder of the encounter, or otherwise forced to retreat.
    2-29 = your character gets wounded
    30-49 = your character fumbles, for some reason.
    50-89 = your character wounds the possibly tough foe with some effort required, or manages to do what he was supposed to.
    90-100 = your character does whatever you want with the task at hand. (A crit! zomg!)

• Hard - Think Archmagi, Paladins and Twilight Ascendants

1-4 = your character is incapacitated for the remainder of the encounter, or otherwise forced to retreat.
    5-49 = your character gets wounded
    50-74 = your character fumbles, for some reason.
    75-94 = your character wounds the extremely tough foe with alot of effort required, or manages to do what he was supposed to.
    95-100 = your character does whatever you want with the task at hand. (A crit! zomg!)

• Impossible - Think Priestess of the Moon, High Vindicator or Faceless one en-masse.

1-24 = your character is incapacitated for the remainder of the encounter, or otherwise forced to retreat.
    25-74 = your character gets wounded
    75-89 = your character fumbles, for some reason.
    90-99 = your character wounds the impossibly tough foe with inhuman effort, or manages to do what he was supposed to.
    100 = your character does whatever you want with the task at hand. (A crit! zomg!)

Have no fear, however, since it seems daunting. It will not be used for ''cool stuff'' as it's usually put.

Boss fights!

RPer Vs Rper rolls will be done slightly differently, this is used when, for example the host rolls for a creature you are to defeat, this can be anything, from an anchient of war to an eredar lord, so pay attention!

The dice system is altered slightly.

ALL PLAYERS:
/roll 100

For every participant of the fight, the boss gets 50 points to his roll added to the natural 50 of himself.

So if there are 6 spine members, the creature will roll at a whopping 1-450

The boss-creature will get a bonus for difficulty, of course.

Normal: +0
Taxing: +50
Hard: +100
Impossible: +200

The goal of this is the COLLECTIVE effort of a group.
All rolls made by the players are added up to eachother and pitted against the roll of the creature, if the collective roll is won, then the round is won by the players.
The matter of chance is not ignored this way and you can still have quite a bit of fun in a group, instead of hacking away solo.

The ''character sheets'' are something only the host should be taking into account.

While this system seems challenging if 6+ people are bashing at a creature it will die eventually, no matter how tough it is.

In addition, these 'creatures' might roll aditional times and will have to be countered by an equal amount or it will have an automatic win.

All rolls will be done BEFORE the emotes, to avoid unneeded spam.

If this system seems overly complicated for your feeble little mind, let me know via the poll or a post on this thread.

Next up, is the Narrative experience of the events!

I like my events to be events that people can enjoy while a story is beeing told, more of an interactive story as a ''do whatever the hell you want'' type of event.

For this reason the 'host' of the event will not be an especially talketive person, seeing as he's busy making everyone feel comfortable with excessively long group emotes and perhaps for some dramatic effects linked to the event. The event will host something for everyone, even if you're underleveled or unwilling to go with a party of raving murderers. So don't worry about that.

Now, for addon ussage.
I used to be extremely spartan in the amount of addons that I used, but times change.

To increase the narrative experience of the event and to increase the stuff you can do with it, I will be using TotalRP 2 for almost everything. This means the TRP2 specific chat messages in it's biggest portion.

If you do NOT have TRP2, I suggest you either go get it, or stick with the people that do not go off to rampage against everyone else. You will be missing out on the largest portion of the event's dialogue, emotes and special effects.
I will also not wait with starting the event until you -have- TRP2, the people who do will be ahead of you.

Even if you're not planning on using TRP's character sheets it is still worth getting it to receive the emotes of it, that said, if you're worried about technical limitations or your own personal beliefs that addons are evil things that should be destroyed, I will make a part of the event for you so you can enjoy it none the less. But you will still be missing out on the main portion of it.

Post here! not somewhere else about this!

Please commentate -WHY- you cast your vote in a specific way, I know it's Anonymous, but thoughts should be heard, damnit!

Last edited by Bearach Blackaxe on Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:10 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bearach Blackaxe

Bearach Blackaxe

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows beckon.   The Shadows beckon. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 9:53 pm

The first event will be held in the Thousand needles, starting at the speedbarge and then heading towards Feralas to deal with a priestess of the moon that has been tracked down by our Lightslayers.

TRP will be used mainly to initiate the start of the event and for subsequent NPC combat.

Take in mind that the level requirement for joining with the main group is 40+ since you will be needing to take the quest for diving equipment.

No riverboats allowed for the simple reason that it's a covert operation and the twilight cult is near and we do not want to draw their attention.

The secondary piece of the event will be aiding the goblins with a little oil supply problem they are having apperantly the gnomes took it and you are to find out where they put it, and retrieve it.

Whisper, or PM me if you are interested into leading this secondary event and I will fill you in with the details.
Back to top Go down
Bearach Blackaxe

Bearach Blackaxe

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows beckon.   The Shadows beckon. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 4:23 am

Also, if you disagree with the rolling system, please explain why here, it can still be modified.
Back to top Go down
Lynnea

Lynnea

Character
Name: Lynnea Krause
Profession: Priest
Level:
The Shadows beckon. Left_bar_bleue70/85The Shadows beckon. Empty_bar_bleue  (70/85)

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows beckon.   The Shadows beckon. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 4:57 am

I like it.
Fumbling also works for missing, not necessarily dropping your weapon or such, right?

I just think that 75-100 is too easy, it should be around 90-100 to make it a bit more... you know, challenging. Otherwise, very nice!
Back to top Go down
Kelmith

Kelmith

Character
Name: Kelmith
Profession: Warlock
Level:
The Shadows beckon. Left_bar_bleue80/80The Shadows beckon. Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows beckon.   The Shadows beckon. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 5:22 am

I like this very much. It does however conflict with the thing that some RP characters are considered more powerful than average by their players. But adding some adjustments to these rules based on every single attending player character. So basically I'm fine with that too. I like the effort you've put into this cheers
Back to top Go down
Bearach Blackaxe

Bearach Blackaxe

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows beckon.   The Shadows beckon. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 5:38 am

Yeah, kelm, this is exactly what the rolling system is designed to avoid. So you physicly can't apear stronger as others without some ingeniuty.

I did take it into consideration, though. I'l be using it as it stands in tommorows event.
Back to top Go down
Bearach Blackaxe

Bearach Blackaxe

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows beckon.   The Shadows beckon. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 9:53 am

Revising some of the stuff before, but, it worked out pretty much as I wished. More aweseomeness for this after this.
Back to top Go down
Anthraxius

Anthraxius

Location : Can you see me? No? then you may be seconds from death

Character
Name: Anthraxius
Profession: Warrior
Level:
The Shadows beckon. Left_bar_bleue85/85The Shadows beckon. Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows beckon.   The Shadows beckon. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 9:50 pm

I wasn't sure about this system before the event, but it worked out well. Hopefully we shall see more of this in events.
Back to top Go down
Bearach Blackaxe

Bearach Blackaxe

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows beckon.   The Shadows beckon. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 8:27 am

updated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Shadows beckon.   The Shadows beckon. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Shadows beckon.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Steamspur Company :: The Spine :: The Harrowed Archive-
Jump to: