The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Harry Hotchkiss

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hotchkiss

Hotchkiss

Character
Name: Harry Hotchkiss
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Harry Hotchkiss Left_bar_bleue17/80Harry Hotchkiss Empty_bar_bleue  (17/80)

Harry Hotchkiss Empty
PostSubject: Harry Hotchkiss   Harry Hotchkiss I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:39 am

PLAYER INFORMATION
How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?

I have been playing full time for a year or so however have had WoW and played on and off for about 3 years now.

How confident would you say you are with the English language?

I live in the North East of England, so not very.

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?
Spent most of my time on WoW Role Playing, however outside of WoW I RP in World of Darkness (primarily 3rd Edition and oWoD) as a Kindred and a Fallen. I also have been involved in numerous 'Earth' Role Play forums as well as political and national based Role Play. I have played D&D, NWN and have been Role Playing on the internet since 2005.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?
Primarily RP experience, but I am a good healer and dps for PvE.

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?
A dry sense of humour, changeable personality and experience in running large RP and web gaming communities.

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?
As often as necessary.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?
Role Play, with levelling my character as a secondary objective.

Why do you wish to join the guild?
I love to RP and heard that this was the best Forsaken RP guild about.

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Harry Hotchkiss (Hotchkiss)
Title: N/A
Current Occupation: Manual Labourer

Race: Undead Human

Level: 17

In-game Class & Spec': Warrior
IC Class: Manual Labourer

Hair Colour: Grey
Eye Colour: Brown
Height: 6'10"

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?
The Deathguard, he's not clever enough to be an Apothecary and not quiet enough to be a Deathstalker.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?
Fairly indifferent, he's not that bright therefore politics don't really bother him overmuch. He tends to emulate the opinions of whichever group he's in at the time. Generally speaking he has an aversion to Orcs thanks to the fact that he lived through numerous Orc attacks.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?
Indifferent, he's not politically minded at all, he's a fairly simple man who has little time for Apothecaries. He stayed on the right side of the Horde, primarily because he doesn't hold much confidence in fancy poisons or magic.

Family:
Albanise - Wife (Undead)
Ulyssandra - Daughter (Alive)
John Withering - Son-in-Law (Alive)
Kanaan - Son (Alive)

Character History:
Born in Kul Tiras, Harry Hotchkiss was the son of Tim Hotchkiss a shipwright to the Kul Tiran navy so it stood to reason that Harry would take up the shipwright's tools and follow in his father's footsteps. However with the coming of the Third War and the arrival of the undead scourge Harry took up the call to arms, taking his wife with him, though leaving his children safely in Kul Tiras. He and his wife joined the navy, he as a deckhand and she as a galley cook. Both perished when their ship was sunk during the war, washed up on the shores of the Tirisfal Glades they were risen and called to serve the Lich King. However their service proved short and uneventful, neither Albanise nor Harry were possessed of any great magical or physical abilities, however they were among the first Forsaken to regain their own will and join Sylvannus in the attack that secured the Undercity.

After the battle neither Albanise nor Harry were judged to have exceptional combat skills and therefore were not recruited into any of the Forsaken's military arms, rather they filled manual positions, Harry took up the hammer and chisel once more and helped in the construction of Undercity's ships, however after the sailing to Vengeance Landing there was little work for a ship builder and so he took up work as a handyman and manual labourer. Ever nagged by his wife Albanise with whom he shares a rather spite filled relationship he has finally decided to try out his sword swinging abilities a bit and see if he can't become a 'respectable member of the undead community.'

Why does your character want to join the guild?
Because he's sick of his wife nagging his rapidly rotting earlobes off about getting a job and becoming a respectable member of the post-death community.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?
Obedience, carrying things, hitting things, willing to do the dirty work, not arguing, grumbling.

How does your character respond to authority?
By grumbling under his breath and getting on with it.

TEST OF ABILITY
Please write a short response (300 - 600 words) discussing one of the statements below, research is allowed but copying is not, you are encouraged to add your own thoughts and theories to the answer.

This test is designed to evaluate your use of the English language, your commitment to joining and your ability to present a reasoned and clear argument, it is NOT a test of raw knowledge.

iv) The Royal Apothecary Society is the most powerful of the Forsaken organisations.

Bloody Apothecaries trotting 'bout the place with their fancy hibberdy jibbers and whatsitimidoodas messing up the place. Can't trust 'em further'n I can throw 'em and that's a fact, flippin' hopeless lot. Mind you they got a right lot of respect and influence with Her Majesty the Banshee Queen so I'll mind me Ps and Qs around 'em and no mistake. Far as things go it ain't far off the mark to say they're as powerful as they come in the Forsaken, but I ain't hedgin' all me bets on 'em.
Back to top Go down

Harry Hotchkiss
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Steamspur Company :: The Spine :: The Harrowed Archive-
Jump to: