The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Hallowed Ball (possibility)

Go down 
+2
geriand
Teorius
6 posters

Should we host the Hallowed Ball once again?
Yes, of course!
The Hallowed Ball (possibility) I_vote_lcap71%The Hallowed Ball (possibility) I_vote_rcap
 71% [ 5 ]
No, not a good idea!
The Hallowed Ball (possibility) I_vote_lcap29%The Hallowed Ball (possibility) I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Teorius

Teorius

Character
Name: Jonath Zaden
Profession: Thief
Level:
The Hallowed Ball (possibility) Left_bar_bleue80/80The Hallowed Ball (possibility) Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

The Hallowed Ball (possibility) Empty
PostSubject: The Hallowed Ball (possibility)   The Hallowed Ball (possibility) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 8:00 am

Hello there!

Last year in October the Apotecarium organized a server event called the hallowed Ball. It was with this event that the Apothecarium got well known. We invited all horde roleplayers to a big ball in the Rogue quarters of Uncercity, and offered free in-game drinks. We also had speeches and gave people a chance to talk. In all, it was a great evening that some people here surely still remember.

Now, my question: do you think that we should host this again? I am ready to do the organizing and such, but I need to know if there is an interest. So, what do you all say, should we once again welcome our fellow Sha'tarians to a Hallowed Ball? I will let this poll be up until next Sunday, and then let the results tell me what you all think.

-Teo
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Profession: Warrior
Level:
The Hallowed Ball (possibility) Left_bar_bleue80/80The Hallowed Ball (possibility) Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowed Ball (possibility)   The Hallowed Ball (possibility) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:02 am

While I've ticked yes, I do have to agree with Bekka. In our current state of affairs I am unsure whether we could pull off an event as grand as the Hallowed Ball of last year. We must remember we are significantly smaller and perhaps less organised then we were at that time; especially since Viatrix isn't here with his "Activity Drug" that spontaneously makes fifty people log online.
I would suggest we did something. Even if we were to have a "Burning of the Wickerman" festival, with a speech and some form of entertainment or beverage service there, I feel that a contribution is essential from our guild at Hallows End.
Back to top Go down
Ringkir

Ringkir

Character
Name: Ringkir
Profession: Rogue
Level:

PostSubject: JUST....GRAND?    The Hallowed Ball (possibility) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 6:41 pm

I thought it was a great idea....mainly bcause i missed it last year and just the thought of Ringkir throwing bombs at the happy couples--- mean....throwing..... nice flower petals?... green gunk? whatever we dead guys throw *shifty eyes*

But yeah, i was the first to vote Very Happy, and voted for it so lets hope lots more do Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kelmith

Kelmith

Character
Name: Kelmith
Profession: Warlock
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowed Ball (possibility)   The Hallowed Ball (possibility) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 1:49 am

A new Hallowed Ball would definetly be cool. Of course there will be trolls like last time, but ignore list is there to help, if it's empty, then take some names away. It's not like ALL of them try to annoy you every day by force.
Back to top Go down
Viatrix

Character
Name: Viatrix
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowed Ball (possibility)   The Hallowed Ball (possibility) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 12:25 am

DO IT! Last year was a little bit of effort for a lot of fun. Here's a diagram: Fun > Effort.
While lol'ers are inevitable, I have a feeling they only appeared last year because I OVER ADVERTISED (i.e. I put too much effort it), I've never seen such harrasment at any other RP event since, and that RP event was the only one (since I am still learning) which I stupidly broadcast on Trade & General.

ANYWAY... It doesn't require much effort, there's some food and drink in th Guild bank which might help a bit, but other than that - you just need Vrae or Geri to do a nice, engaging and lucid realm forum post. I actually quite like the idea of basing it around the Wickerman this time, but my message is: just go for it, don't over think it, don't over organise, just do it.

Of course, I can't comment on how quiet the Guild is at the moment, but if it's a realm wide event anyway, you may only 'need' 5 or so Spine members to rock up to help arrange it, any others are a bonus (and they may well be drawn back by the event, it could be a chance to reboot some old storylines, etc.)

That's my take on it. Hope you're all having fun in WoW and beyond! Smile
Back to top Go down
Viatrix

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowed Ball (possibility)   The Hallowed Ball (possibility) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 3:35 am

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=14713556723&sid=1
Just found this, with a bit of digging. If you use that plus our previous attempt for inspiration and as a guideline, should be perfect.
Back to top Go down
Teorius

Teorius

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowed Ball (possibility)   The Hallowed Ball (possibility) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 1:38 am

I will host the Ball, on Saturday, 20:00.

The Realm forum thread.
Back to top Go down
Heldenhammer

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowed Ball (possibility)   The Hallowed Ball (possibility) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 10:13 am

I'll be there in a guardy capacity, although might be slightly later than the event kick off, as it takes me two hours to commute home, and I finish work at 1800 hours UK time

Should be good fun I reckon
Back to top Go down
Teorius

Teorius

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowed Ball (possibility)   The Hallowed Ball (possibility) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 12:12 pm

So, I, no, we did it!

The ball did go great, with over 60 roleplayers there when it was the most crowded!
Back to top Go down
Viatrix

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowed Ball (possibility)   The Hallowed Ball (possibility) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 8:41 pm

Brilliant! I saw the realm forum thread Teo, really, really pleased you did it - it looked awesome. Congratulations. I guess now we just hang around until Cataclysm but, if a few of you are still fairly active, feel free to explore some RP stories together (as always). I know I've been terribly absent for a LONG time, but I shall make a full return in mid-December for around a month (I'll be active every day) along with CATACLYSM. Hope you're all good!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowed Ball (possibility)   The Hallowed Ball (possibility) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Hallowed Ball (possibility)
Page 1 of 1