The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Draike Templeton's application

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Draike

Draike Templeton's application Empty
PostSubject: Draike Templeton's application   Draike Templeton's application I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 5:55 am

PLAYER INFORMATION
How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?
5 years.

How confident would you say you are with the English language?
Pretty confident being English

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?

I have roleplayed in WOW since I started playing 5 years ago, on the Defias Brotherhood server, prior to this, I rp'ed in a game you may or may not be familiar with, Ultima online for approximately 2-3 years.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?
-This can be PvE, PvP and RP.

I have experience in all 3 aspects of the game itself, I mainly PVP these days as I find PVE quite redundant when not done in an enjoyable atmosphere.

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?

Well, I am a friendly guy, always up for a good laugh and joke, I am quite good at dissolving tensions between people, Good with general knowledge, full of useless interesting facts! I have quite a bit of knowledge surrounding the lore of the game, and am always willing to provide advice/listen to advice with regards to gameplay/Lore/RP. I do enjoy organising events in a guild, aswell as creating rp opportunities.

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?
I can play most nights, however, I do work varying shift patterns, sometimes working nightshifts/evening shifts. Aswell as completing my university work. Other than this, I am quite active.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?
RP and pvp are both important to me, aswell as doing a little bit of pve.

Why do you wish to join the guild?
I have always loved Forsaken lore, and the whole story behind the Forsaken forming. I would like to join this guild because I feel it satiates my lust for Forsaken RP!

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Draike Templeton
Title (if applicable): Former Lieutenant in the Lordaeron Army.
Current Occupation: Blacksmith/Soldier of the Dark Lady

Race:
-Undead Human (Born in Lordaeron)

Level: 80

In-game Class & Spec': Fury (PVE) & Arms (PVP)
IC Class: Warrior

Hair Colour:Bald
Eye Colour: Yellow
Height: 5ft 11inches (6ft without spinal kyphosis)

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?

The Deathguard would be the best fit for Draike, trained as a soldier prior to death, and has participated in many a battle since regaining his will, His will to serve the Dark Lady is in uwavering, he will fight with tooth and claw to further the Forsaken cause.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?
To Draike, the Horde is a means of securing further resources to fuel the Forsaken war machine, trust is to be earned, so his trust is not granted to them easily.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?
To Draike, Putress was a traitor, the Dark lady provided much for the forsaken, she gave them a place in the world, and Putress threw her gift back when he betrayed her.

Family:
Born to Rameth (Father) and Neria (Mother) Templeton, both deceased before Draike hit his early 20s.

Character History:

The dreary morning sun washed over Lordaeron, tales of a mysterious plague ravaging outlying towns had caused fear and unrest across the populace.
The orders were received;
“All garrisons stationed in Central Lordaeron are to re-mobilise to the borders of each and every town. Any suspicious behaviour is to be met with extreme force; transport of any goods is prohibited.”
Draike Templeton, Lieutenant of the Lordaeron Guard, was stationed at the eastern borders of Andorhal. A cynic of plague rumours, he believed the plague to be nothing more than a work of fiction, mere excuses for lazy farmers who had not produced their harvest in time for delivery.
An air of paranoia hung over the Andorhal like a dark cloud, suspicion in the eyes of each and every member of the community. “Was he infected with the plague?” “Has she got it?” Draike, amused by the painfully obvious distrust the town showed for itself - sat at his Command Post, helmet at his feet. He casually glanced along the road to the east, thoughts of his next drink in the tavern, and whether he would get lucky with the Innkeeper’s daughter again.
The early morning mist turned the landscape into a mere haze, the trees mere shapes in the distance, but something caught Draike’s eye.
In the distance, maybe twenty to thirty meters away, a shadow seemed to approach the eastern border of the town. Draike rose from his seat and clasping the hilt of his sword - he called out to the figure in an authoritarian voice: “Show yourself and speak your business in Andorhal!” The figure made no reply; but still moved closer and closer. Draike, annoyed by the dissent the figure had shown, drew his sword and dug it into the ground - ready to intimidate the figure.
“I say again! Speak your business here, or you will be felled!” This time, Draike received a pained groan as an answer; followed by a gargled moan - “H...help...me...”

The Lieutenant approached the figure cautiously. As he advanced closer, the shrouding mist revealed the source of the noise... a man, aged no more than 23 years of age, and he stumbled towards Draike - Draike in turn stumbled back.
As the man approached, it became clear that the plague was no story. The man’s eyes were bloodshot and sore, his ears and nose trickled with blood, and sores covered his mouth as he groaned with each breath. Draike was unable to speak, completely dumfounded by the sight before him. The man approached closer still and finally slumped against him/. Draike could smell death on the man’s breath. Stunned, Draike stared at the dying man - before darting his eyes back into the mist... more and more of these figures revealed themselves, moving out of the mist at a terrifying pace, pained groans now filling the air. The people of the outlying farms infected by the plague were coming to Andorhal to seek help.
A burning sensation rose up in Draike’s throat, combined with an increasing pressure behind his eyes; Draike rubbed a hand across his face, blurred vision masking the macabre procession passing him, a crippling pain in his stomach dropped him to his knees.
The Lieutenant - Draike Templeton - of the Lordaeron Guard, fell to the plague on the outskirts of Andorhal, shortly before the outbreak within the town.

The long dreamless sleep was over. Draike looked around, he was suddenly very aware that he was surrounded by hordes of Undead, all marching across a bleak, dead landscape. He looked around, his mind almost flooded with months and months of built up of images and thoughts, and finally he stopped marching.

He noticed the other corpses were in a similar state of either confusion, or enlightenment. The corpses halted their mindless march, and began to notice one another. Some corpses cowered away, others screamed in hysterics, whilst others just stared with a blank indifference. The initial shock of the newfound freewill had passed. Draike was drawn to a shrill, malefic voice, and the dead congregated around a lone figure. It was none other than the Ranger, Sylvanas Windrunner - though the fabled beauty was absent, and the Elven frame bore a tortured resemblance.

Both confused and intrigued by the promise of a new empire, Draike marched upon Lordaeron city with the newly formed Forsaken, in the hope of securing the city.

Why does your character want to join the guild?
Draike wishes to further serve the empire of the Forsaken, and The Spine is a most excellent organisation to achieve this with!

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?
A seasoned warrior of many a battle across many Forsaken territories, (Hillsbrad, Silverpine, Tirisfal, Arathi) He brings with him, both experience in battle and devising battle strategies.

How does your character respond to authority? Draike has respect for authority appointed by the Dark Lady and her advisors.

TEST OF ABILITY

The Forgotten Shadow is an entirely selfish belief system.

I believe this to be an inaccurate statement, the virtues of the Forgotten shadow teach the Forsaken to respect the balance between both the Light and the Shadow, and to respect power in it's truest form. To strive for power is foolish, and often leads to the downfall of a Forsaken. The cult of forgotten shadow's three virtues, Respect, tenacity and power all teach the forsaken to respect those who hold power, to work hard to achieve power, and to do it within moderation. To say that the Forgotten Shadow is selfish, is an incorrect statement, when in actual fact, it is quite the opposite, in that it empowers the Forsaken to quest for power within moderation.

Thank you for reading my application, looking forward to hearing from you!
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Draike Templeton's application Left_bar_bleue80/80Draike Templeton's application Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

Draike Templeton's application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draike Templeton's application   Draike Templeton's application I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 6:02 am

Accepted!
Please contact myself in game for your IC interview!
Back to top Go down

Draike Templeton's application
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Steamspur Company :: The Spine :: The Harrowed Archive-
Jump to: