The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oglesby's Story. ((Neeearly done me thinks.))

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Oglesby

Oglesby's Story. ((Neeearly done me thinks.)) Empty
PostSubject: Oglesby's Story. ((Neeearly done me thinks.))   Oglesby's Story. ((Neeearly done me thinks.)) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 1:11 pm

(( So I've finally started it, hopefully I'll get some feedback, good or bad, I'm not much of a story teller. Anyway, enjoy. ^^))

Oglesby was.. a simple boy when alive, he was born and raised in a small settlement. After a normal years of growing up, he started to take a great interest in reading. He was ten at the time and hardly could read, he did his best, he enjoyed it. Being taught to defend himself with a sword by his father at the age of twelve, he found it lacking in something he wanted, something he yearned for. He met a girl at the age of sixteen, "Love at first sight", he thought. He spent almost every waking minute with her, he loved her so. Even at a young age he kept thinking she was the one.
After two years of the relationship, and now working on his parents farm. He heard a calling, he had no clue who or what it was, but he dismissed it and carried on, simply thinking it was his mind acting up from all the work. After having a intimate night with his lover, he awoke from a nightmare.
A nightmare not of the boogey man, nor ghosts. He saw a masked figure channelling an unknown spell, and a simple teenager being ripped apart.
Waking up stuffy and hot, he held his head in his hands muttering "What it is with all these things happening? Am I going mad?".

A week had past and the voices had stopped. His father sent him on an errand run to deliver some supplies to Andorhal. He packed his own things, and loaded the supplies onto the cart, and hopped onto the horse, then headed off. On the journey he saw a crypt, it looked old and used. The most important thing about this was the strange eerie glow from it. Oglesby grabbed the sword from the holder on the side of the horse, and decided to have a look. "Anyone in there?!", he simply yelled before descending into the glow. He finally reached the source of the glow, he looked around the room. "By the light.." he whispered to himself as he looked around the last room of the crypt. The crypt was full of hundreds of books, and artifacts. All alone in the middle, was a book. He dropped his sword aside, and slowly approached the book. Still amazed and looking around the room, he slowly opened the book. The glowing stopped. He sat down with the book, and started to read. The horse outside neighed loudly, but Oglesby had no interest in that, he just kept reading. He only left the crypt for any food or water.

After ten years of reading the books and studying the artifacts down to the slightest detail, he had found a new calling. A new power which he had yearned for, something that almost completed him. He started to practise his new found power, and performed a ritual on himself, one that scarred him, mentally and somewhat his soul. He yelled in pain, falling to his hands and knees, he rolled over onto his back. Looking at his hands, his veins seemed to be glowing fel green, "By the li-.. ligh-..", he tried to say. "I can't do it.. there is no Light, I'm by myself, and always was, everything else was just a distraction. Stopping me.", He said as he got up back onto his feet. He staggered out of the crypt, almost blinded by the light. He shook his head and walked in the direction of his parents farm, "I have something to take care of."

He looked up at the moon, and a tear dropped from his eye. He had arrived at the farm. He slowly walked towards his ex-lovers house, not caring to be silent. He waved his hand past the door knob, it melted infront of his eyes, he grinned happily. He slowly entered the house, seeing his beloved sleeping so silently. He raised his hand, in the direction of her. "I'm sorry, my love. You held me back.", he said softly as he held up an artifact, it was an empty soul shard. He pressed his hand on her chest, from this she awakened. "..Jacob? Is that you?", she groaned rubbing her eyes.
"There is no my Jacob now, my love. Only Oglesby, only the twisted me." He said, his hand started to glow purple, as he ripped the soul out of her, and letting it pass into the soul shard. His lover's eyed opened widely, with tears dripping down her face, she looked at Oglesby one last time, before dying. He removed himself from the house, placing the soul shard into his satchel, he looked around with the sense of accomplishment. He turned his sight to the larger house, and lifted up his hands sending fire down towards the house. "Mother, father, sisters. You kept me back, you held me back for so long! For this you shall burn!" he yelled angrily. The house almost instantly became ablaze, he heard pounding on the door, but he was too focused on his thoughts. "My new life has begun, if I can gain such immense power from practising and studying for ten years, think of what I could do with more time.", he thought to himself, smiling. He waved his arm foward, a dreadsteed appearing. "Come now, It's time for more revenge, It's time to lead others. I have gained so much knowledge. I shall teach others, and they shall follow. Now, go!", he yelled, as his eyes lit fel green for a second. The dreadsteed kicked up onto it's hind legs, before stomping back down, and riding off, leaving horseshoe fire prints.

Last edited by Oglesby on Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Oglesby

PostSubject: Re: Oglesby's Story. ((Neeearly done me thinks.))   Oglesby's Story. ((Neeearly done me thinks.)) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 9:59 am

Years had past, years not wasted. On his travels he saw a boy, couldn't have been more than twelve. When Oglesby looked down at the boy, he was reminded how he once was. "Child, how would you like to be taught things so nothing with stop you?"
The eager, and naive boy replied excitedly "Of course I would! Does it cost anything? Should I pack? I have to be back before dinner!".
Oglesby chuckled, "Of course, it costs nothing, no need to pack things will be there for you.. Don't worry, you'll be back before dinner." Oglesby grinned to himsef. He summoned a portal to his home, which was the crypt, and motioned towards the boy to follow him.

As the boy entered the crypt, he looked around it just as Oglesby did. Yet the crypt was much different, it still held all the books, artifacts, and more. Oglesby had his now trusted Felhunter curled up in the corner, and many summoning marking on the walls and floors.
"Welcome boy, to your new life." Oglesby said as he looked around smiling. The doors slammed shut, and Oglesby waved his hands past the boys face. The boy fainted almost instantly. Oglesby scarred a demonic symbol into the boys forehead, and started to implant years worth of knowledge into the boys mind.

When the boy awoke, Oglesby sat infront of him staring at him. "The spell was a success, you're mind will feel somewhat.. full for a bit. You'll need practise, but for now, you are my student. Your name is still Daestan, how did I know when I never asked? Your mind was easy to unlock. Now tell me boy, do you wish to be by my side when I take control? Or do you wish to be destroyed with the rest?"
Daestan stuttered "..B-by you.. s-sir."
"Well then! We need to prepare for our first, big act." Oglesby said as he grinned. He threw several books onto Daestan's lap. I want you to make that summoning circle on the hill near the town. Oglesby then pointed at the page with it on, he handed Daestan all the things he needed to make the circle, "Well boy? Get to it!"
Daestan nodded firmly, walking out of the crypt and towards the hill.
Back to top Go down
Oglesby

PostSubject: Re: Oglesby's Story. ((Neeearly done me thinks.))   Oglesby's Story. ((Neeearly done me thinks.)) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 5:52 pm

Days later, after Daestan finished his task, Oglesby arrived at the hill which overlooked the small village. He inspected the circle that had now scarred the earth it was made on, he made a few alterations of his own before nodding approvingly. "Now, Daestan. Watch as I rip the sky itself."
Oglesby said while walking into the middle of the circle. He retrieved a book from his bag, simply tossing it into the infront of him. The book stopped in mid air and start to float, as it opened itself to the correct page Oglesby wanted. Oglesby's veins started to glow fel green faintly, as his hands became surrounded with fel energy. He closed his eyes, as he muttered words under his breath. Daestan looked up at the sky only to see the clouds moving apart, the night sky split apart. Daestan gasped as he watched, looking into the split seeing a stormy green sky, with strikes of fel lightning coming from it. The fel lightning hit the ground next to Oglesby, then moving around him somewhat as a shield.
"X revola za amanara xi me xi tiriosh! Parn soran no gular!" Oglesby yelled in a demonic language. Daestan once again looked up, only to see a gigantic abyssal meteor coming slowly from the rip in the sky. "Stop it, Master! Innocent people shouldn't be harmed!" Daestan shouted towards Oglesby, who was too busy summoning and holding the sky apart. Daestan shook his head, picking up Oglesby's sword from the floor, and charged towards him. Oglesby quicky turned his head towards Daestan, and glared at him with lifeless eyes that were pulsing with Fel Energy. His shield struck out at Daestan. The fel lightning melting straight down the middle, from head to groin. Both parts of Daestan simply dropped to the floor.
Oglesby grinned with pride, but his "victory" was shortly lived. The sky closed up within seconds, his shield faded, the book fell to the floor and he returned to normal. "What is this?! I was nearly finished!" He yelled angrily. Purple arcane chains appeared around Oglesby's wrists, making him fall to the floor with a thud. Two Kirin Tor battlemages appeared infront of him as they teleported themselves aswell Oglesby to a high secrety "anti-magic" prison.
Back to top Go down
Oglesby

PostSubject: Re: Oglesby's Story. ((Neeearly done me thinks.))   Oglesby's Story. ((Neeearly done me thinks.)) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 12:39 pm

Oglesby sat at the desk the small cell had, drumming his fingers on it, while thinking to himself.
"How the bloody hell did I get here? I was almost there to taking over a whole part of land! My student was close to betraying me, though it was quite funny seeing his face when he got torn apart." Snickers to himself, "Those blasted Kirin Tor.. I'll be out of here.. one way or another."

The guards whom captured Oglesby walked up to his cell, both of them grinning.
"Well, You almost summoned an incredibly powerful abyssal, almost. However that much power, plus seeing the sky being practically torn apart, it was easy to find you. Anyway, enjoy your stay here, -warlock-."
Oglesby looked around from his desk at the door of his cell, the guards already gone, before looking at his hands.
"Warlock? There's a name.. perhaps it was a warlock who wrote that book.. Mm.. interesting, very interesting"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oglesby's Story. ((Neeearly done me thinks.))   Oglesby's Story. ((Neeearly done me thinks.)) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oglesby's Story. ((Neeearly done me thinks.))
Page 1 of 1